OMG, 12 and 10 year old kidnappers

@hoghoney (3749)
I just cant believe what I was reading in my newspaper today, this is the story that was in it. I just want to know where were the kids parents. Sisters, aged 12 and 10 years old arrestted for allegedly kidnapping a 1 year old and demanding ransom. Enid, Okla. Detectives arrested a 12 year old girl and her 10 year old sister for allegedly abducting their neighbor's 1 year old son and demanding $200,000 for his return. Brandon Wells was safe back at home Thursday night, hours after intruders broke into his family's residence and took him while his mother, Sheila Wells slept, police said. I've been doing this 18 1/2 years and this is the first time I know of when a 10 and 12 year old kidnapped a 1 year old. said police Capt. Dean Grassino. It definitely ranks up there with the unusual crimes. The siblings, who were not identified because of their ages, are accused of sneaking into Wells home at about 5:30a.m. taking Brandon and leaving a ransom note. If you want to see your son again then you wont call police and report him missing and you will leave $200,000 on the sofa tonight and we will return your son back safe, the note read, according to police. It is perrty back when this age can go into someones home and take their kid and noone heard a sound. What do you think the parents do for a living that they had to go to this extent for money?
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I think it's good these two punks exposed themselves for who they really are, long before they got really dangerous. Where did it say their family "needed the money"?
@hoghoney (3749)
I didnt say anything about the family needing money, I was just thinking that maybe the family has money problems that may of caused them to do this. I feel so sorry for them little girls, this will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Thanks.
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Ah, ok, just speculating on the money thing? If they are capable of this at 10 and 12, I hope it haunts them for a long time... better to find out about them now than when they get older and more dangerous.
@hoghoney (3749)
yes I agree, I would hate to think what they would be doing when they get older. Hugs!
@mummymo (23707)
I heard about this honey and I do think it is shocking - it does make you wonder what is going on that they can get away with this! I understand your question about why the kidnapped child's mother didn't wake up but by the same logic why didn't the girl's mother wake up when they left the house in the middle of the night! I do think if these girls are capable of this at such a young age they need to long term psychiatric treatment and evaluation and should not be allowed to rejoin society until a certain number of psychiatrists are sure that they are no longer a danger to anyone! While this is a shocking story there was a worse one here in the uk when 2 10 year old boys snatched 3 year old Jamie Bulger and killed him - at least these girls have been stopped before progressing to this level! xx
@hoghoney (3749)
OH my! I know every move my kids made when I was in bed, I was awake at every little sound. I feel bad because now the parents have to live with what this girls did, I would hate to be their neighbor. Hugs!
@mummymo (23707)
I know exactly what you mean sweetheart - my kids sigh a bit loudly and I hear them! I think most mothers have a built in sensor for their kids even when they are asleep! What was going on with these girls - why was she barred from the neighbors house in the first place and why did the mother prat around looking for the phone number rather than take him straight home? There are a lot of questions surrounding this and I agree with you it must be a nightmare for all involved! Hugs to you too xxx
@hoghoney (3749)
yes it would be a nightmare for them and maybe a wake up call before they get older. Hugs!
Hoghoney I do not believe it is what the parents do to make the kids want that amount of money I feel it is what the parents did not do. I feel the parents are not watching their kids. When two kids are not watched close enough to be able to go into someone elses home and kidnap a baby where is the mother of the 10 and 12 year old how do they explain having a baby around? It happends all the time where homes are broken into and children are kidnapped. When my children were little I was so tired any sleep that I got was well desevered. I would not have heard any thing else but my children. Now if the baby was sleeping when they snached him out of bed then mom would have slept. Now to leave a note to leave the money on the couch is silly the kids did not think things through. I am glad the parents called the police.
@hoghoney (3749)
yes there are so many things that I would be wondering about with this, like which one of the girls wrote the note, didnt the baby make a sound when he got woke up so that the mother didnt hear him. every move my kids made at a year old I heard, was the baby in a crib and if he was did the girls have to have a stool or something to get him out of it. just so many questions. Hugs!
@psyche49f (2511)
This is really shocking...imagine 10 and 12 years olds are still fresh from their cribs, and here they are kidnapping a baby. I wonder who the parents of these youngsters are, and what have they taught them if at all? So what happened to these two 'kidnappers'? What about the parents??? Happily, the baby is safe, but one very disturbing question is: why would two very young teeners do it? Who gave them that idea? Will the parents stand up and plead guilty or innocent to this crime committed by their daughters? Is our society still safe?
Oh my gosh! What is our world coming to? What would make children of this age think something up like that? It would be interesting to see just what comes out of this. Yes, I do think they need to be punished, otherwise when they grow older it will just get worse I am afraid! They are just babies themselves! I can't believe the stories that you here today in this time in our lives. Everyone is right the criminals just get younger and younger and the types of crimes they commit just get worse and worse. I will have to follow this story to see what becomes of the two girls! I know my son is 12 and if he ever thought up something like that, let alone did it, I would have him grounded for life!
@hoghoney (3749)
my kids would never see the light of day if they ever did something like that.
Kids nowadays are becoming more terrible. What has happened to the family institutions that kids are not brought up to the right moral standards. In this case I think the parents are to blame because maybe they are showing bad examples to their children. However this is only my speculation. There maybe other reasons to it.
@hoghoney (3749)
they never did give a reason why they did this but I will be keeping up with it. Thanks
@HighReed1 (1126)
I am saddened after hearing this story. I can't imagine the kind of home those kids came from! If my kids had pulled something like that, they knew they would not sit down for a month...maybe never! It's scary that the felons are getting younger and younger!
@hoghoney (3749)
I really hope that they give us an update on what happens to them, I understand that they have already been in court and was sent to some juvineile place. Hugs!
@Willowlady (10666)
The justice system has to alter itself since children are becoming hardcore criminals. Kids are not so innocent as once they were. Younger and younger they do these things that adults may have done around them or exposed them to. Normally much crime goes on between families and known neighbors. The numbers would be interesting to see. It does not surprise me. The cases that are shown and how they are unraveled teach us all about the depravity that abounds in this current society. We can only hope that things improve at this point. I wish it wasn't that way.
@hoghoney (3749)
that is so true Willow, if we did somehthing like this when I was a kids my mom would of whipped my A** and then some. But you never know what they are learning at home now and days on some kids. It is a shame they are so young. Hugs!
@disvachic (10120)
Lordy have kids ages 12,11 and 9 and i can't imagine them doing something like that.What is this world coming to? I know they broke into the house.Did they say how?Thats terrible.They are older enough to know they could get caught.Kids committing crimes like this what in the world is next.I guess they will be going to juvenile.
@hoghoney (3749)
It didnt say how they got in this is all the paper said about it. Hugs!
Whahaha is it really true? I can't imagine that those kids can really do that! Well, on the other hand, im thinking what they will do to that $200,000 ransom. Perhpas there's an older people behind on that if its really happened.
@hoghoney (3749)
yes it is true, it was in my newpaper today and I could not believe what I was reading either. so young, I was wondering to about an older person but this is all it said. I think someone else had to help them with this, I mean how the heck did the get into the house to do it. Thanks.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Well Sweetie I do not know if you remember this but many years ago here in the UK 2 Boys aged 12 killed a 2 year old they have now been released from Jail but have to be protected as many People are after them They have just recently been moved out of the UK for their own protection