On the saying "Blood is thicker than Water"

What is your viewpoint about this? Have you realized this in your life. I did so many times and I am so glad that when people I regard as friends turn their back on me, I could always turn to my real loved-ones, my relatives, for a helping hand.
@stella1989 (2274)
YEs thats true...!! I never got any faithfull friends..!! Almost everyone of them has showed me their backs when I needed them the most..! But thanks to my relatives I always have my mom with my big cousin sister and aunties....!! They can always me resuce me from myself....!! Some times I get down without any reason..!! Can say I am little phsyco...!! :)
That is exactly my experience but sometimes we despise our relatives for the sake of friends...and fall back to them eventually.
Yes that is some thing which really makes me feel sad..!!
yes and somehow i see its true to other people..for me its not working but for my boyfriend it is..and actually this is what the fights were all about..his relatives that he has been supoorting for over years and do nothing but to make their balls lager by sleeping and sitting..while him working 19 hours a day just to send them money..im not against helping families because i help my family as well but they sure are doing something to help me too..but with this kind of person he is helping ugh! i dont know why he has to do that, thats why they never learned their lesson.. this relatives are ruining as and they had done so much to make me mad at them..they call me names..say bad mouthing on my boyfriend like he's having affair with someone..they are a bunch of liers and they hurt me because they dont want my boyfriend to have me..now we are fighting all over again about them and it feels very painful to think he cannot choose between me or them and even find some excuses for them..
Oh some relatives were like those and such people I cant figure out.
@leechamp (186)
Yes, that's is true..Blood is thicker than water... and proof of this is the way you feel when a blood relation of yours encounters accidents or unexpected bad incidents and you would always feel the urge to be there during those bad times and make yourself handy in whatever small way you can....
@KrisNY (7591)
It’s true to a point- I have a best friend who is not related to me- but she might as well be- we have been through thick and thin- I’m much closer to her than I am my cousins per say. So it depends on which blood- I love having my family to turn to when I need something- and I am always here for them if they need something also.
@lyndee22 (1211)
Yes, that's tru, blood is thicker than water. Whatever the circumstances are you can always count on your family, relatives. They are always there with an open arms. They are always ready to accept you even you if have hurt their feelings.
I can't really agree with that saying my own aunties and "relatives" put my mother, pregnant sister, and I out on the street,with no place to go. My mother didn't know where our next meal would be coming from or where we would be sleeping that night. Our "relatives" didn't ask if there was anything they could do to help. They just left us out high and dry.
I totally agree. For example, my sister doesn't like one of my friends. So I don't invite my friend to things that my sister will be at unless there is going to be a lot of people there and they won't have to bump into each other. I love my sister very much and I love my friend. But my family comes first!
@abroji (3247)
In Indian society it is always true, because family relations here are more bonded. When critical issues arise our relatives will be of real help. Not everybody and not always, but we can find help from our relative whenever a real need comes. I have some friends also who behave like that and I consider them as my relatives. Thank you.
that is true...you can always turn on to your blood relations than to your friends, for there are some friends that are good to you when they can get something from you or when you still have the fame...
@Ravenladyj (22936)
Well other than my kids I have no "blood" so I can't say BUT my brother and sister are biologically related and are the biological kids to the ppl who adopted me and they are ALL MESSED UP....the expression DOES NOT apply to them AT ALL... So overall...I dont always think blood is thicker than water..I think it varies from family to family really
@rapolu_cs (1184)
Yes i agree with your discussion and it is true that blood is thicker than water. In some difficult periods relatives are more helpful than the friends around us as my grand father says that when we are in financial problem in our child age it their brother-in-law who gave him assistance than his friends.
@dbhattji (2507)
It must be so because I never get angry when my sister or brother cross me but I am very sensitive when others say anything against me.
@derek_a (10897)
Yes, it is true, that "blood is always thicker than water" - We tend to put ourselves to inconveniences for our family, but not so much for our friends.
@williamjisir (22900)
Blood is thicker than water, but it is not completely like this. I have two best friends. We treat each other like real brothers and help each other when we need help.
I have two sisters. Throughout our lives, we have been in some terrible fights amongst ourselves and with other people. No matter how mad we were at each other, we always were there to back each other up. No matter what. I know that sounds terrible. Sounds like we spent our lives causing trouble. We didn't but I don't know how to explain it any differently. Basically is was kind of like "she is my blood, I can pick on her but you better not." I am that way with all my family. Blood is definitely thicker than water.
@Lydia1901 (16353)
Yeah, I believe in that saying and it has some truth to it in my opinion. Families are always there even if they don't want to admit it sometimes.
@navtech (1776)
Dear hersmart4ever, You are right. You can cut a branches of tree but not human relationship. Though I had difference of opinion with my elder brother but I had the full confidence on him that he would come to my help at any given situation and circumstances. I have more confidence on all my brothers. Same is case they have with me. I was not in talking term with my elder sister for 15 years. I was facing encrochment of my land by others at my village. Those who encroched my land were thugs. Since I do not stay in my village, they took it for granted that I would not come and ask for the encroched land. At that time, nobody from my village came and help me, except my elder sister who helped me to get back my encroched land. Therefore "Blood is thicker than Water".
@mestr12 (227)
I do believe that blood is thicker than water. However, in my profession, I have experienced families filing cases against each other and to the point of killing his/her siblings for money or properties left by their deceased parents. So, while it is true that blood is thicker than water, it is also true that money is thicker than blood. This is sad but true.
Oh, how I wish that I could say I could depend upon my birth family for support. But, it is not true. So, I have created my own new family consisting of my spouse, my child and my collection of friends. And, of course my two beautiful baby cats! Those people have not turned their back on me. Nor, would they ever do so. They make each day worth living. Most days I wake up thinking about my new family and go to sleep wondering what new things they will bring to my life. Best wishes my friend. I am happy for your success.
@ElicBxn (61063)
Real friends, you know, the kind that'll help you bury the body, are what they call "the family you chose." There's sayings like "A friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A real friend will be sitting next to you saying 'Wasn't that fun!'" While I've got friends, I've also got some real friends. The only problem was the day I had a car wreck & she can't drive, I actually had to call my brother!