Silly things we've done as kids

If you will ask me, I have done so many silly things when I was still a kid. For several times, I mixed baby powder on our dishes. I painted the cat with my father's artist paint. I started my father's car when I was only 7 when I got the chance to sneak it. Sometimes he forgets to take off the keys from the slot. I pointed a real gun with bullets on my father thinking it was a toy. I bought so many junk foods with the money I found inside my mother's wallet. LOL. Sometimes, I pretend not to hear my mother calling me. I know she will just give orders I have to obey. Etc. My mother would give me some pretty spanking lessons then so I would learn what is right and what is wrong. I did so many crazy things as a kid. Well, I am glad that I am now a matured person who still do silly things but this time, for the sake of love and friendship. One thing I liked about childhood is the fact that we can be carefree while other people worry over lots of things.
I think most of us pass with this type of situation in childhood. Due to curiocity in mind about everything, each child wants to know about each and every thing. The matter may be anyone. Child's mind work like a computer. Once information imprinted in brain, it reamins for ever. I myself have done many thing wrong in childhood. We have broken many things to alter them. My and my elder brother were always involved in making something new, though they were not new thing, just wastage of materials. We should allow to children to do such things considering as a part of curiocity. This is must also as it helps in knowledge improvement because when a child is wrong on anything, parents always try to learn the child about right thing. If a child does not commit mistake, how the parents will teach them. Many things may left thus.
I like the points you made here especially when you said, "This is must also as it helps in knowledge improvement because when a child is wrong on anything, parents always try to learn the child about right thing. If a child does not commit mistake, how the parents will teach them."
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I made a sandwhich when I was 5 of ham, peanut butter, jelly, and mustard and ate half of it. I agree kids do some crazy things.
@roniroxas (10574)
oh my you are a bad girl....lol. well i am a kinda good girl but i always wear my moms shoes and clothes and pretending singing in front of the mirror. and look where it lead me now i am a singer.
I used to be a very quiet girl but I attack in ways people would be shocked. LOL.
@roniroxas (10574)
ahh you are the quiet but deadly type. lol
The quietest of all species is the deadliest. LOL.
We had no food when we were younger. Just enough o have shared and still be hungry. We would go to the super market and eat out of the dumpsters. We we so young I doubt we even knew better. We would go to the neighbors garbage and eat there as well. I remember we would go to the super markets and eat cookies and stuff there. I was so young I know I did not know better. I remember we ate some wedding cake in the back yard of our home.. I can tell you know this was really silly of us. I also remember how we shared one slice of pizza for all 7 of us. These are silly things I thank god my daughter does not have to do.
Oh what a sad story. Yes I was happy for your kids that they dont have to go through the same experiences now. That is also what I want for my kids. That they wont go through my bad experiences in the past as much as possible.
I have to try to laugh this one away. I think of it and tears fall from my eyes. I have never told my daughter about this and wonder if I ever should.
Well I remember a few instances of mischief. I was kind ov a wicked it at the age of 5-6. Once over some small issue I pushed my class fellow girl hard. She fell to the ground , crying with pain. In order to stop her from crying I stamped by massive school boot onto her nose. The last thing I remember is blood on my boots and her father running behing my back. lolz.... Puncturing parked vehiles on the streets of london...with sharp objects woz also a fun game....
Oh my youre a dangerous kid. Glad you werent a kid anymore.
My twin sister and I had a fight and we started throughing silverware at each other and ended up through wet wash rags at each other. Then we ended up laughing. I put salt in the sugar bowl to see if anyone noticed. Oh boy did they. I put little toys in my fathers boots so he would step in them when he put his boots on I wrote a note to my mom to pick up some shampoo and rob a bank for 10million dollars and bring the money back to me. She read the note in the supermarket while shopping and laughed her butt off.
LOL I find is really funny when you talked about putting little toys in your father's boots. My kids now would sometimes place toys in my bag and some of their underwears. I would be surprised when I go out of the house and find those stuffs when its time to pay the driver.
@lexus54 (3576)
When I was schooling, my father hired a maid who was very fierce. She wielded a lot of authority over us when my father was at work. Every now and then, I would come home from school late after playing basketball and with my shirt all wet, and she would give me a terrible scolding. I remember I had to play hide and seek with her each time I came home wet and dirty. When she was nowhere to be seen, I would steal my way into the house and quickly change out unnoticed to avoid the scolding. Sometimes in the evenings, after she cooked, I would tiptoe into the kitchen and grab some of the dinner food to eat when she was not watching. As a kid, I was greedy and always hungry. On Sundays, when she got her day off, my brothers and I will raid the fridge, take out the frying pan and cook a meal for ourselves (anything that can be cooked) before my father comes back from marketing. As school kids, we had very little money to spend. So on weekends, my neighbours would come knocking at 5.30am on my bedroom window, and a whole bunch of us would dress up and take a 15 minute walk to the market before sunrise, each holding a raw egg. At the market, we would all buy carrot cake (a local breakfast dish) and we would give our eggs to the stallholder to have them fried with the dish. We did this to save money of course. Now that I think back on those times, it is certainly amusing.
Haha very bad. But cool.
@sid556 (30997)
Oh my god...great post! I did so many stupid things. My dad had one of those push button cars...buttons for drive reverse etc. We were at my cousins hundreds of miles from home and getting ready to leave. I was 8 and sitting there waiting for parents to come out, I thought to myself...Now how exactly does this car know one button from another. I wonder what it'd choose if i pressed all of them. Oh I found out....we got stranded in the hills of vermont on a sunday nite. my dad was a teacher and had classes first thing in the morning. he paid alot of money we didn't have to con some mechanic to come undo my damage. yup I could write a book on all the stupid things to do before you turn 18 and are held accountable. yes..I got many spankings and solitary time in my room. still had tons of fun.
All of these are great posts haha I particularly like the painted cat story - and the sandwich - whoa, jelly and mustard? Nice haha I can't really remember what I did - I'm sure I did some pretty silly things - and bad things, too - but mostly, I remember certain concepts I had when I was little For instance, I thought that if I was scared at night, I could just hide and sleep in the closet and then no monsters would get me haha - but the next night or a few nights later, it would be monsters in the closet that I would have to watch out for, so I'd hide under the bed. I remember being able to hear the televison when my parents were watching scary movies - and I got scared but I was always worried I would catch heck for coming out of my bedroom past a certain time - to ask them to turn that scary stuff down! So - I 'dealt with it' on my own - and had quite a few LONG nights that weren't very comfortable...that was the best I could figure out for hiding from the monsters I heard on the TV down the hall...
I have so many silly things, like i will put a dress on my kittens and a ribbon too. I lie to my classmate that i know personally Sharon Cuneta. I wasn't obeying my mother until she got mad. I pretend to sleep at mid afternoon while coloring my older's sister's books. i consume my money buying paper dolls at nearby stall at our schools. and i tell my classmate that we are rich even we are not.
@sugarfloss (2140)
I've done a number too.Like running away from the family in a mall when I was three,took the elevator at the hospital when I was 4-ALONE! and playing hide and seek at 12am and made my late Grandpa look for me!sigh.those were the days.I still act silly once in a while but I guess when you're an adult,being silly just doesn't get you away with things!
When I was five years old I was considered quite naughty. My mother said that she doesn't know what to do with me. I like to visit my friends' house in the housing area, but I didn't tell her where I went. I just go from one house to another, visiting all my friends from the same school. At one time I brought two of my friends to the playground soon after a hard rain. There were a lot of poodles everywhere and also mud. I played baking cakes using the mud and we all covered ourselves with it. At one point the youngest in my group said she couldn't take it anymore, she would have to pee right then and there. So I said to her, go on and pee. She peed on the mud cake and we all laughed real hard. Later we made a lot of other cakes, ignoring the dirt and the bacteria. Apart from being silly, it was one of the most beautiful memory that I had as a child.
@dbhattji (2507)
I remember that once a borrowed a dictionary from my friend and sat to write the entire dictionary for future use. Of course i did not get beyond 'a' but I still feel silly when I think about it.
hahahaha....really funny....
@KrisNY (7591)
I’m sure I did many silly things also as a child- I had the luck of an older brother- he seemed to get into all kinds of trouble with my parents- he was always doing something he shouldn’t- Boy he is a changed man now- : ) So I knew how to get around things growing up- I never did anything worse than him- so I looked good in their eyes.
lol! you bought junk food with your moms money! I would LOVE to do that! =P I can't remember anything THAT crazy I did. But I wasn't the brightest kid. ~I once picked up a broken off piece of Cactus with bare hands. I don't know why I was so shocked when it got stuck and HURT! lol. ~I tried to run away on my bike, but my older sister ran after me and caught up! lol. ~I got a behaivor note from one f my elementary school teachers to take home and get signed. Well I didn't want to show my parents and get in trouble, so I signed it. I wrote my moms name in non cursive and then next to it I wrote "Bre's Mom" lol. My teacher didn't buy it! =P I wasn't a normal trouble maker, so I didn't really get in trouble.
@Qaeyious (2362)
Goodness, where to start ... More dangerous things come to mind first - starting a fire in a bedroom, falling off a 2nd story ledge at my school, jumping off the roof of our house (fortunately only 1 story) with an umbrella (I suspect Mary Poppins just came out) The most damage I ever did was a one acre wild fire, fortunately just vegetation being burnt and no house that were something like 100 yards away ... I am surprised I got away with it ... people saw me leaving the scene of the crime. I did my best to stop it from spreading but well, Kansas in the summertime, you don't start grass fires without adequate backup. I am sure there are lots of less dramatic stories that happened, but they don't log in my memory at the time (one of the benefits of old age)
The silly things I had done when I was a kid was tearing off labels from soup cans, so that my mom could not figure which soup she can cook for dinner. I also had a habit of hiding under couches and beds, using pencils to pretend there were people, and dressing up plastic forks and spoons with water balloons, aluminum, and plastic wire wraps off bread packages from my play tea and diner set. What made me do these unusual things is that I was alone and couldn't play with my cousins a mile away from home.
In New Zealand we get up to all kind of crazy stuff as kids, I personally have eaten dirt,attempted to fly using a bike (on several occasions all ending in tears), curiously touch the electric fence,made carvings in my mothers favourite candles, and probably one of the silliest things i did when i was little was walk into a stor and ask "how much is a 20cent stamp" what a blonde moment that was.
i was only 7 when i shut down our and the neighbors' electricity for 2 days with just a tweezer! i plugged it in an outlet in our house and it created a short circuit that ran up to the electrical posts. good thing it didn't burn. or at 7 i'd be in jail for a case of arson! lol. we went to my grandpa's farm where he had this favorite hen and was laying its eggs. i took all the eggs and scrambled it with mud. the thing is my grandpa has been wating for long for the hen to hatch its eggs! i had a baby nephew who once stayed with us, my uncle would buy him condensed milk which i would drink all up without him knowing it. oh , the fun of childhood! lol.
I remember I did some silly things with my brothers too, when I was a kid. I used to take all the tree branches I saw in the way home to my bedroom, so it was kind of a jungle/forest inside!! It was kind of hard for my mother to find me inside my bedroom between all those branches!! Greetings!!
@beyonce03 (2331)
When I was 4-5 I had a clow that I really love and I was always putting on him some diaper. But diaper comes with ... baby powder. So I was putting some baby powder on my clown. The whole table was white after that lol. When I was young, I was very social, too much maybe. I rember one day we went to the market and I was talking to everyone. I was talking with a woamn and I was doing her grocery with. My parents were searching for me everywhere :P