What is a clansman?

Portugal
In medieval time what they were...
@Stiletto (4584)
I think it just means a member of one of the Scottish Clans although Scottish Swordsmen is also pretty accurate because the term would probably be used with regard to which Clan you fought for.
• Portugal
Thank you to Scotland.
• Portugal
Clansman - Clansman
From Iron Maiden design a tribute to Scotland. Wake alone in the hills With the wind in your face It feels good to be proud And be free and a race That is part of a clan And to live on highlands And the air that you breathe So pure and so clean When alone on the hills With the wind in your hair With a longing to feel .. Just to be free Is it right to believe In the need to be free Its a time when you die And without asking why Cant you see what they do They are grinding us down They are taking our land That belongs to the clans Not alone with a dream Just want to be free With a need to belong I am a clansman .....freedom Its a time wrought with fear Its a land wrought with change Ancestors could hear What is happening now They would turn in their graves They would all be ashamed That the land of the free Has been written in chains And I know what I want When the timing is right Then Ill take what is mine I am the clansman And I swear to defend And well fight to the end And I swear that Ill never Be taken alive And I know that well stand And well fight for our land And I swear that my bairns will be born free And I know what I want When the timing is right Then Ill take what I want I am the clansman .....freedom And I know what I want when the timing is right Then Ill take what is mine I am the clansman No, no we cant let them take anymore No we cant let them take anymore Weve the land of the free Freedom Is it right to believe In the need to be free Its a time when you die And without asking why Cant you see what they do They are grinding us down They are taking our land That belongs to the clans Not alone with a dream Just want to be free With a need to belong I am a clansman And I know what I want When the timing is right Then Ill take what is mine I am the clansman? ..freedom
@nathanz (255)
may be...people hu hunted...
• Portugal
No. Thank you for your response.