Email Notifications Part 2 - the saga continues!

@mummymo (23707)
Okay guys I started a discussions earlier today about how I wasn't receiving email notifications for all the discussions my friends had started over the last few days, just for some of them! I noticed a little while ago while emptying my spam folder that the notifications I hadn't received were in there! Why this happens I have no idea - surely if the notifications all come from the same place they should all go into the same folder? My other half has checked my filters etc but has no idea why this happened , so my advice to everyone else who has been having problems with any of the email notifications is to check your spam/bulk folders - there is a good chance that the missing notifications are in there! xxx
@weemam (13377)
Thanks sweetheart but none of mine were there , I check mine all the time as I am sure you know I am quite nosey and I like to see if I am missing anything lol xxx
@mummymo (23707)
Wish I had been able to find your missing ones for you! You aren't nosy wee - you are just curious! xxxx
@weemam (13377)
did David tell you I was hosing down the front door? , we had a wasp bike , I did a couple of discussions on it , you probably didn't get an email about them either PMSL xx
@weemam (13377)
@Lakota12 (42681)
I wouldnt know where to find the spam folder in out look I dont think they have one. BUt glad you found them just hope they dont go there again or you look in before you delete the whole thing hugs
@mummymo (23707)
It may have a different name honey like bulk etc! I would try and find it - you may find other mails there sweet xxx
@Lakota12 (42681)
I will have to look further for I dont find that either oh well I try to not mess with outlook to close for it is my best email addy where I keep every thing in folders
@mummymo (23707)
No problem sweet Lakota! As long as you are happy! I don't mean to sound so bossy! xxx
@mizrae (587)
This has happened many times with my e-mails. In fact Yahoo just recently has been filtering the e-mails even with the spam blocker turned off. I've heard they are actually rejecting e-mails. I personally haven't experienced any problems with Yahoo, but my Comcast account definately puts non-spam in the spam folder and spam in the in box. I am constantly checking both areas.
@mummymo (23707)
I think I will have to follow your lead and check my spam folder more often mizrae! It is good to see you here - haven't seen you around for a bit! ,What you said about Yahoo rejecting mails is very interesting as a few friends have had trouble sending emails to me recently although it seems to have resolved now though! xxx
@mizrae (587)
Thanks mummymo, it's nice to be missed. I had big time computer problems which kept me off-line for about 2 weeks. Am still trying to get caught up.
@mummymo (23707)
Well I am glad you have gotten thos nasty computer problems sorted out now and it is really good to see you again! xxx
@gabs8513 (48710)
I never thought of telling you to look in there as this happened to me a couple of times to and I do not understand why when receiving them all this time of all a sudden they end up in there and it is mostly with Yahoo it happened I now have them going to my Gmail and have no Problem xxx
@mummymo (23707)
lol I am just glad I found them and didn't delete them! I have thought of sending them to a different mail provider but I couldn't stand the hassle! lol xxx
@gabs8513 (48710)
Well if you ever change your mind let me know I will send you an invite to gmail
@mummymo (23707)
will do sweetheart! xxx
@Eskimo (2317)
I don't really have that problem as I use Mailwasher to rid me of real Spam, it has a 'WhiteList' & a 'Blacklist' so anything on the blacklist gets deleted, on the Whitelist I don't even see, and the rest I give a quick glance at to see if it is genuine, if it is I add to the whitelist otherwise I delete it, anything on my Whitelist is then transferred to my e-mail programme, where only genuine e-mails arrive.
@mummymo (23707)
That sounds like a fantastic system Eskimo honey - why does it not surprise me that you have such an organised system! lol xxx
@Eskimo (2317)
Thanks for the best response, its nice to be appreciated.
@Calais (10899)
I found this too, about the last 2-3 days 90 % are coming through as spam..I thought it had something to do with me changing to broadband...I have no idea why it is doing this..
@mummymo (23707)
I don't think it is anything to do with you changing to broadband honey! According to the notifications I found it started happening late on Thursday night! xxx
@Calais (10899)
At first I thought it was until you mentioned it...
@lols189 (4797)
oh jeez mummymo i am glad you found out where the email notifications where going. hope you can sort them all out now
@mummymo (23707)
Well sweety when I got that problem sorted I stopped getting notifications altogether and then a couple started filtering through! I am glad to say that now though everything is running smoothly! xxx
@cmsk2005 (1770)
Yes friend I do check and I find a lot there... I now know many people have this prob..
@mummymo (23707)
yep they do! I marked each and every one of them as not spam and it hasn't happened since although I am still missing notifications! xxx
@tim_un (355)
this is quite weird why we an have spam email in here? i thought this website should be firewall and spam filter protection ready? hopefully my email won't be infected by these kind unknown email or spam emails.
@mummymo (23707)
Do not worry tim mylot do not send actual spam emails - it is just that for some weird reason a lot of my email notifications (which are thoroughly legitimate) end up in my email spam folder - they aren't spam and have no infection or virus! xxx
I think the problem is all with yahoo and not with mylot. Almost all of my friends from different sides of the world talk about their present struggles with yahoo. And these friends werent mylotters. They are my friends on yahoo messenger. My chat mates.
@mummymo (23707)
That was my theory too for a while hermie but after speaking to others on this post as well as messenger I have discovered that Yahoo is not the only email provider doing this - that is why I am now in an utterly confused state! xxx
@shambuca (2560)
Yes that has happened to me also- I can't figure it out either- I just put them back into my in box and hope for the best.
@mummymo (23707)
It is really beginning to irritate me now - modern technology is supposed to make things easier - not annoy the living daylights out of us! lol
@whyaskq (7531)
I encountered the same problem in office. I keep sending mails repeatedly to a client, she keep saying she did not receive any but her colleagues did. We even had mails copied to the IT staff. In the end, the mail was found in the junk folder of her outlook! We all just had a good laugh because I helped in their troubleshooting for 2 days! Ya, other than the spam/bulk folders, there is also another folder to look at! I discovered some mails missing after receiving calls from the senders. I hunt high and low and found them in the trash folder. Don't ask me why, the mails just deposited themselves into the trash folder. There weren't any filters. I guess there is some incentives attracting them to drop there. lol.
@mummymo (23707)
Wow really - the trash folder? Guess I better start checking that more regularly too - instead of just when I delete something by accident! Thanks for the info why - I really thought I had lost the plot before I started this post! xxx
@Stiletto (4584)
That's happening to me too. I use Outlook for my mail and some of them are just landing in my Inbox but others are going into Junk. I can't think why - I've checked the settings etc and can't see anything wrong and it seems to be entirely random as to which ones go into junk and which ones go into my inbox. Mysterious!
@mummymo (23707)
Verry mysterious - it isn't just Yahoo users having the problem! I wish the medications weren't clogging up my mind - I would love to solve this mystery as it is so irritating! xxxx
I gave up and switched my notifications off, purely because half the time my mail box would be bulging and the other half of the time they would be civerted into my junk folder. Modern technology, don't you just love it LOL
@mummymo (23707)
and it is meant to make life so much easier! I get you honey! xx
@KrisNY (7591)
Great idea- I never thought of that- I have been getting alot of notifications so I think I'm all set- I had changed my e-mail system a while back when everything I got from people not in my address book went to a spam folder- It was odd- Thanks for the reminder!
@mummymo (23707)
Well I am glad to be of some help honey! It is quite bizarre as I usually forget everything and need people to remind me! lol xxx
@ddlaurie (132)
Thanks I just noticed that to. I alway recieved my mail be fore but to day it wnet into my bulk mail to.
@mummymo (23707)
Seems to be affecting a lot of people at the moment - this started on Thursday in my case so I am not sure what happened! Glad you had found yours already cos it does make you feel kind of ignored doesn't it! lol xxx
@maddysmommy (16233)
Good point mummymo. I actually only skim through the first page of my spam mail and delete them all on a daily basis. I have noticed at times other personal mail get in there and I don't know why or how either. I might pay more attention next time I do this. Thanks for the note.!
@mummymo (23707)
I was about to delete it all when I noticed just one mylot notification, as I went further through I started to find more and more notifications! I hope this info helps honey! hugs
@wolfie34 (26791)
Mmmm, me thinks there's a little green gremlin inside your computer who's having a laugh at your expense by juggling the filters around! That has happened to me that emails I needed to read have found themselves in my junk box! So now I am careful before deleting my spam box so I try and check it daily xxxx
@mummymo (23707)
It wouldn't surprise me if there were some green gremlins in there trying to send me mad - but they are far too late! lol xxx