On what month do you start your Christmas shopping

I usually start it on October. How about you?
@sid556 (30989)
I think of starting the week after christmas? Do I? no! I am such a procrastinator, I usually actually get cranking on it 2 weeks before xmas. It is so stressfull that way but I think a part of me must love it as i do it year after year.
@makingpots (11920)
We start budgeting for it very early, but I don't start my shopping until November. I love the malls at the holidays. I just try to be wise and not shop at high traffic times but I do like the rush of everything.
I start Christmas shopping in August of every year. I do this and in October I have nothing left to shop for. Not even a tree and bows to buy. I am glad to be out of the rat race for these late minute finds.
@Calais (10899)
Dont mention Christmas yet !!!! LOL...I am usually really good and start early in the year but I have not even thought about as yet..
@Jennifer21 (2476)
December:D I am on of those last second Christmas shoppers. It can become quite difficult at times because most of the time, things have been sold out. Maybe this year I will change my ways and start a little earlier.
@miryam (6507)
all a years i buy anithink..when i see somethink that can are utole for gift or cristmas i buy also i'm in august........bye
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I usally start about the same time. Of course if I see something on sale I will get it before then.
@Willowlady (10666)
I basically shop all year round and put it in a box and get things out more during the Christmas time. I often do not have to get much if anything. Bigger items if needed maybe. I have much less to do during the season and can enjoy it more. I go to the mall and eat the snacks and watch the people.
I shop about as last minute as you can get. My husband gets a nice Christmas bonus every year, just a couple days before Christmas. We use this to do all of our shopping. One year he didn't get it until either Christmas Eve, or the day before. Great fun. :o)
@TerryZ (22083)
Im terrible I always get a late start.LOL And every year I say Im going to start early. Yea right. I seem to start in December. Yes Im a last minuter. This year Im staring in October.
@DanaMark (807)
I usually don't do any actual shopping. However, I start listening from July on to get hints of what people would like. I keep a list so my shopping isn't so difficult when I actually start.
@DanaMark (807)
Actually, I meant to say I don't do any actual shopping until December. Where is that "edit" button when I need it?
@josan181237 (1205)
for me, October is too early. i start my Christmas shopping in early December. but first i think of what things to buy, do a little window shopping. i usually jot down those things in a paper then i canvass then shop.
@sizzle3000 (3038)
I love to plan ahead. I start my Christmas shopping the day after Christmas when all the sales are great. There are certain people you know you are buying for no matter what. I have boxes labeled so that I can pack the presents inside so no one can see them. I get perfume sets for 75 to 90 percent off and just put them away. I get lucky sometimes and get games as well. Last year I wanted to get my husband the NFL football monopoly but it was so high I did not get it. Three weeks after Christmas Bozcov had a big sale on mens games. I picked up this thirty plus game for under five dollars. I put it a side and gave it to him for our anniversery. He loved the game. I also have a few things already put a side for my Daughter for this year as well as my mom and dad. Good planning will save you lots of money.
@gigarange (1165)
shopping - shopping stuff for holiday
After the New years celebration, I try to buy some stuff that are on sale for the next Christmas . Not much but I do and just keep it in my storage room and normally when September comes, I start thinking of possible theme of my decoration and start buying stuff slowly. I don't like rush shopping.
@elmo1211 (212)
i started last june. was it too early? i wanted to start early and buy what i wanted avoiding the holiday rush in december. i may get busy in the next few months that's why i am starting way too early. i've already bought a few pieces for my nephews and nieces.
I usually start planning things around October as well but usually I start to think things through even on August and September period because Christmas is the one period where so much goes into presents and gifts, and with so many people to give things to, you do start to run out of ideas and the best way to avoid giving the same repeatative items is to prepare in advanced. So usually I would tend to just do the usual shopping and if there is something useful and good as a present and the price is good or is on special then I would buy it then and save it until Christmas to give. There are usually bargains throughout the year just as there are usually discounts before Christmas as well.
@Debs_place (10524)
I already started. My son is a big guy, 6' 2", 220 pounds. Solid muscle. No one in my family comes even close to his size...My father is 5' 4", Mom is 5'. So my son is often referred to as a moose. I found a wooden moose, where the body is empty and you can fill it with candy, then you lift up the tail, and it poops candy. Sounds gross, but it is my son!
Before I was married I use to start in October, but since I have two families to shop for, I usually start in August, or just pick up stuff throughout the year :)
@kitty1234 (1476)
I always do my Christmas shopping he week before Christmas, saves a lot of overthinking....I get some good bargains,too.
@add_im (2712)
We normally do our Christmas shopped in the middle of November, getting something specially for Christmas decors.