im marriage, do you believe that women should have a night out and that men

should have a night out.? Some people say yes, and some say no. What do you think and why?
@polachicago (19073)
If we are talking about just going out with group of friends and coming back home not to late, it is fine. I wouldn't approve all night trips over local bars or clubs. If you are coming back home at 4 of 5 AM, nobody will feel good about it.
I agree with you because that is more for the single, and it begins to cause problems. There is some accountability in any relationship......modern times or not....
@sigma77 (5385)
Even though I am not married, I think this is a good thing to do. Activities apart from the spouse can be enriching. If we like activities that our partners don't, why give them up? If you are worried about your partner going out without you and doing something then your marriage is more like a prison where there is no trust or total freedom of self-expression. It is nonsense to think that a spouse cannot enjoy themselves without their partner tagging along. I think it is a healthy relationship builder.
we know that too much either way can be a problem...maybe a healthy balance would be good.... If it works for your relationship, then thats great but if it dosent then....maybe not so good...
I think there should be no problem in peopel going out for their own night outs especially if you trust each other wholly. I understand that some couples just don't wanna do it cos they are each others best friends and w ouldn't find a night out enjoyable without each other but I think if they can then they should totally go for it.
what works for some, may not work for others. Your right , this would depend on the people, no doubt.
@wolfie34 (26791)
It's the 21st century there should be no problem whatsoever if a woman wants to go out for a night out, woman's lib and all that! Women shouldn't have to stay at home and be the dutiful little wives any more! It should be a compromise between partners. Those that say no should ask themselves why? Or is it insecurities that they are worried that their wife will go out hunting for another mate LOL!
You have a point because if you trust someone, then you should not have to worry. I have to agree with you because this is where the insecurities do show up....this is also an area where many have a problem.
@jennybianca (12913)
I sort of believe this. Not in an official sense. Ie. I would never have a deal with my husband that we can have a night off each. However, what does on rare occassions happen, is if an event comes up that only I am interested in, then he is happy for me to go, & not him. The opposite is true too. There really aren't too many events where one would go & not the other.
@rusty2rusty (6760)
• Defiance, Ohio
Yes, I think couples should have a night out without each other. I think it is wise to be able to do things without your spouse. It doesn't have to be going to the bar to be a night out. It can anything the other spouse doesn't like doing with the spouse. Like my husband hates scrapbooking. So instead of him tagging along and complaining the whole time. A couple of my girlfriends and I get together to do this for a couple hours. Sometimes going out to eat afterwards. Just like my husband will go do something with his friends that I don't care to do. But I also believe couples need to make date sto spend time together doing something together. If a couple starts doing everything apart..They really aren't a couple anymore than are they? More like roommates.