MyLotters, Bottled, Tap, or No Water?

What's In Your Water? - Hey MyLotters, do you prefer drinking bottled water, tap water, or no water at all, opting for other beverages such as milk, juice, beer, wine, sport drinks, or something else?
Hey MyLotters, do you prefer drinking bottled water, tap water, or no water at all, opting for other beverages such as milk, juice, beer, wine, sport drinks, or something else? Growing up we always drank tap water, and now my family prefers tap water that is ran through a filtering system at the house. We do drink bottled water occasionally. You???
@ssh123 (31086)
1. We get water through taps supplied by civic authorities 2. We boil the water, filter it and refrigerate the same. Drink that water whenever we need. 3. We do not drink alternative to water.
An Examination of Bottled vs. Tap Drinking Water http://www.waterandhealth.org/newsletter/new/summer-2002/bottled.html
@ssh123 (31086)
Thanks for the link.When I find time, I shall visit that site.
From what i read bottled water is more dirty than tap water LOL i dont know how true that is anyway we have a filtering system at home as well and we use tap water. But when we travel we try to take as much water as possible from home b'cos my mom is very fussy that way LOL anyway once we run out ofcourse we got to get bottled water but my mom will usually make do with tender coconut :)
I personaly buy bottled water it tastes much better than tap water although i must admit i dont drink water all that much i feel i am adicted to pepsi
@academic2 (7005)
• Uganda
Water is life and nothing can replace it and all remains well!My kind of water is neither bottled or Tap water!Am very rural, I live a typical African rural existence with scattered homesteads all depending on a natural protected hot spring well as a water source! This is water purified by the natural sieving process of the swamp conditions-it wells deep fom the center of the earth, it is a hot spring that is the purest natural, mineralised water under the sun! My village is far from urban driven polLution, our under ground water is undefiled, moreover it is water already boiled by God since time immemorial-my choice water is hot pring water-it has kept us free of all forms of water born diseases! It is as good, or even better than the food we rural folks eat!
@TerryZ (22082)
Hi runningman! We just put a filter system in our house because we just moved to this house a couple of weeks ago. And we now have well water which has a bit of bite to it.LOL I also drink bottle water. Drink up! Water is good for you.
@sweetie88 (4559)
• Pakistan
We too drink filtered water at home. We seldom drink water of bottles and buy bottles of Nestle etc. of water only when we are on journey. Otherwise, we drink filtered water. I like to drink pepsi too and drink it almost daily in my acedmy.
@yuanchang (475)
yeah me too! we drink from tap water and we have this awesome filter with stones and some valves in it to output clean water. we never had problems with it. i think opting for other drinks as a permanent substitute for water is insane, water is still the best drink in the world.
@lynboobsy11 (11343)
Our water here in my place is not that safe to drink specially when It's rainy seasons. Thats why I bought a water purifier that the water from the faucet I put it on the water purifier and after the water runs down after It purified I can see really the dirt that remains on the filtering system. Thats where we drink.
@wolfie34 (26789)
I go to the gym five times a week and I take with me each time a 2 litre bottle of water which I easily get through to replace all the fluids lost from sweating especially in our warm temperatures. I tend to drink tap water mostly and add squash to it, like blackcurrant or Summer fruits to make it taste better. Occasionally I will buy bottled if I'm out.
@suspenseful (40312)
I like filtered water from the tap because here in Manitoba at certain times of the year, the water tastes funny because of the algae. I used to drink tap water in B.C. but there was not much mineral content. In Alberta we have to have bottled water because the water there tastes like crap. I do like filtered water at first. We got the Brita filter attached to our faucet and the first few drinks was rather soapy. My husband liked it, but I didn't. Before that we used to buy the big bottles, but that was rather expensive.
@whyaskq (7529)
I am a water barrel, as what my sis tells my niece. I cannot go without water. In fact, I prefer water to milk, juice or other beverages. I take water hot, lukewarm or icy cold. My favourite is ice cubes.
They say that you should drink eight glasses of water per day I believe it is. That's all fine and good, however, I would have to move my office or bedroom into the bathroom or better yet just sit on the toilet while I work. Now do you understand why I am not a big drinker? Nice avatar!!!
@whyaskq (7529)
Someone shared this to me. Drink a sip every 15 minutes. lol.
@arsonizta (944)
botteled water is better..
As long as it comes from a clean mountain stream, in other words, as long as the source of the water is honestly represented.
@dgarcia (50)
i usually use tap water
Me too, but sometimes I do drink bottled water though.
@sr0415 (1140)
Hi runningman72! :) My family drink bottled water. Actually, we go to the refilling station for our water. There are certain news right now about water being dirty and have some bacteria, so it's better to be safe. :) Take care and God bless! \(",)_
Thanks for commenting on my discussion here. I agree totally with you that it is better to be safe than sorry.
@rouwel23 (1353)
bottled, tap or mineral, as long as it is water I would drink that, water is good for the body, and our body is composed of lots and lots of water, our planet is composed of lots and lots of water. even though seawater is the one that is very abundant in our planet. water is essential for life, we can go living for a month without food, but only a week without water, since if we dont drink water, we dehydrate. cells in our body function well with water. I drink lots of water everyday, more than the recommended 8 glasses. some studies show that drinking lots of water is not good, I dont believe that. water is good for the body.
I too have heard that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day as it is really good for your health. The problem for me though is that I would have to move my office at work into the restroom as I have an overactive bladder ha ha.
@wotfpatty (2066)
I used to drink bottled water constantly until I found out it was just tap water. GRR. Now I drink tap water filtered through a Brita filter and refrigerated. I love water and drink it a lot. I also love iced tea and vitamin water. I am still ticked about bottled water just being plain ole tap water. I wasted hundreds of dollars on that stuff!
I can understand your frustration. I always wondered if bottled water really comes from where they say. For example, how can we be certain that it really does come from a cool, fresh, clean, mountain stream, and not a cesspool, retention pond, or something? My wife is with you on the vitamin water though, but she loves Dasani too.
I live with a bunch of roommates, and we have a filtration system hooked up to our tap. I hate bottled water because it is wasteful. I have a big reusable bottle, or one of those dorky backpacks with the water pouch that I store water in. I drink a lot of water. :)
My co-worker used to bring a plastic mug or cup that I swear was as big as Texas. It looked like it held a gallon of water or at least a half gal. I'd literally have to move my office into the bathroom.
@zeloguy (4913)
These are the facts... Bottled water is BETTER TASTING Tap water is better for you (less bacteria). Yeap that $1.25 we are paying for bottled water actually has more microbes than regular ole tap water (city water not well water).
My wife would agree with you for sure that bottled water tastes better as she loves the Dasani brand from Coca-Cola. Also, when we travel, she will not drink the tap water from the hotel or even some restaurants.
@lols189 (4797)
i dont drink water very often but when i do i opt for bottled water as it is much better than tap water.
@williamjisir (22884)
We use tap water for cooking food. We have bought a water-drinking machine that filters the water and drink the filtered water. This way we can just drink it without being boiled unless we want to have boiled water for making tea. If we travel somewhere, we buy bottled water.