Ick! ants attack on my keyboard...

yes, i got ants over powering on my keyboard as i am typing right now..they got theirselves very comfortable living inside my keyboard..this is a big problem for me because i seem to be a stranger in my own house and this ants had owned my plcae..ugh!..they are all over the place..in my bed..kitchen..now on my keyboard.. i had replaced numbers of keyboard already because of this ants had eaten my keyboard indie and some letter keys just wont work anymore..now its happening again.. what should i do with this ants?did this happened to you?
@blackbriar (9080)
I very seldom have ants in my house. When I find em, I immediately set out ant bait. They take it back to the nest where it's shared with the rest, killing them all.
wow..that is awesome..where could i purchase that?
Nearly every store carries ant bait. They come in pkgs. of 4 usually but sometimes 8 or even 12. They are small bait stations that attract the ants for them to carry back to the nest. You put em anywhere you find ants. I usually have one under the stove, one under the fridge, one behind the garbage can. Only find em in my kitchen, no where else so you must have alot of crumbs in your bedroom for them to be in there. Put one on your desk as well a couple round your bedroom.
its actually my dog who carries crumbs on my bed..i will try and look for that ant bait..its a big help for me..thanks
@lynboobsy11 (11343)
That's what I'm trying to tell to my kids that don't eat near the computer table or infront of my keyboard. Coz sometimes they want to eat biscuits while playing the pc and some little parts of the bread are falling down. Try to use baygon chalk, you just write it around your keyboard and aroune the house, in the wall or in the tables. I used it all the time just make it sure It will go to the food. It's effective even cockroachs are afraid of it.
i once tried those one and its effective just messy..
@woaking (146)
That s true we have to not eat in the computer desk because when we eat some piece of food can fall to the keyboard or other thinks :D bless and peace for all!!
@sid556 (30987)
I have never had that happen but i have replaced keyboards due to spilled drinks etc. Now we don't eat near the computer. Something must be attracting those creatures. Although in your case...they are just everywhere? do you have a landlord? Maybe and exterminator? from reading your post, your problem sounds to be more than a can of raid could solve.
yes we had a landlady, exterminator? i dunno..i really have a big problem with this ants..i tried not to eat somewhere else but the dining table but it does not effect still i got ants everywhere..
@touchnshine (2821)
Hi angel_of_charm I have been reading your posts for a while now and I find them interesting. I use a small painting brush for cleaning out the small spaces in the keyboards maybe this will drive out the ants. It also helps if we avoid eating while using the PC but i know it cannot be avoided.
hi, your words are very mch appreciated.. i also had a small paint brush to brush away some dust on the keyboard..i always brush it specially letter keys.
• Pakistan
if a living thing is harmful, should we not finish it by killing. why do you not use insecticide to kill the ants. this may solve your problem. but remeber it may also cause the short circuit of the instrument like key board.you should use powder instead of liquid.
yes i know..i might be using the insecticide chalk rather than the liquid..i will buy one tomorrow..i just cant take this ants anymore
@faith210 (11232)
Hi angel_of_charm! It seems to me that ants are really all over your place. Maybe, they love the place and have invited more of their friends! lol. However, that is awful especially when you get bitten. There are certain months that you couldn't help but see them crawling all over the place, but at the sight of a few I immediately take drastic moves, like scrubbing or wiping the area where the ants are with strong detergent bar soap and then I would spray insecticides regularly. I guess this helps!
our house is really a mess...i already did that couple of times and i admit i forgot to maintain at times because ive been busy doing business online..but boy oh boy! nothng seems to be stopping them..i sprayed insecticide me and my husband then after a day their back in business..ick!