What do you do when your kids are sick

Oh we all have fever today. Too bad, Maybe it's because the season herein my country is changing. Aside form fever, we got colds and cough too. Oh, poor children. I want to know how you handle your kids in times like this.
@brothertuck (1257)
I tend to care for My kids the way I was taken care of. We weren't rushed to the doctor for coughs colds, minor fever, and for small injuries. When the fever went above 100F there was concern and a call first then the visit, or a bad injury or something that couldn't be taken care of by my parents then would go in for more care. My kids are generally healthy so I don't worry too much but also keep an eye to make sure nothing gets by.
@jennybianca (12912)
I agree that it is not necessaary to rush children to the Doctor. I never bother with viruses. I try to keep my daughter very healthy by eating lots of eating food.
When my kids where sick it was so worrisome for me. My daughter has Lupis so she was sick a lot growing up. She is so much batter now, but she use to run 103temps everymoring. It was horrible. I worked nights so I could stay home with her or my son when he was sick.
• Saudi Arabia
Well the problem when your kids are sick, you are gonna be emotionally distracted from your work from anything you do. You can't enjoy or concentrate on anything when you have a sick child at home, I understand that. I guess the way is try to take care of them in the beginning at home, i mean if it is just cold or something it'll take its time and go away within a day or two but if sickness persists, it is better to visit the doctor.
when my daughter was sick i hardly sleep.. cant go far enough her not even..i always stay beside her and always feel her needs..she might be feeling something painful..you know babies cry over their pain not like kids they can point and tell what is wrong with them..
i am unmarried and i have no kids . but after my marriage if ihave kids then i will take care about them . i think prevention is better than cure . so i will follow this rule
@chertsy (3804)
It depends if one of my kids are sick or both of my kids are sick at the same time. It also depends if they get a fever or it's just a regular cold. I rather deal with the colds, coughs, and fevers than deal with the stomach virus. With a small cold, I just give them plenty of fluids, meds and make sure they try to eat a little something. With coughs, same just make sure they get the meds during the day than at night because it makes the coughs worse. Fevers, I just rotate childrens tylenol and childrens advil, take there temps and write down when I gave the meds and took temps. Plus I also baby them. I mean who doesn't like to be babied when they aren't feeling good. My husband when he's sick though, is like taking care of both of my kids x10, lol.
@addysmum (1225)
Lots of loving and hugs. If the fever is high enough some medication to lower it. My oldest needs an inhaler for his lungs if he gets a cold.
@maddysmommy (16232)
My son is not feeling too well today either and just vomited up all the water and juice he drank this morning. He has a slight fever and his tummy is sore. I gave him a little bit of peptobismal so we shall see how he feels later on today. If it gets worse overnight then I might head to the doctors.
@blackbriar (9080)
Thankfully, my daughter is not one to get sick easily. When she does get sick, just treat it with OTC meds. unless it's something more serious. Then we make a trip to her doctor.
@happymom1 (1179)
I am worried if my son got sick. One time i always check his temperature because he has a high fever. It almost reach to 105 degrees but i look at my son he seems so tough because he still playful. You can see that eventhough that he is sick he is happy and wants to play and play. But i always give him tylenol to go down his fever. It takes 6 days that fever was gone. As a mom its not easy to see that your kids is sick.
@mummymo (23707)
I hate to see my kids feeling rotten! Usually I make sure that they have plenty of fluids , as much sleep as possible and lots and lots of cuddles! I usually let them lie on the sofa with a sheet , their teddy bear and lots of fruit and little treats and we would usually let them choose a film to watch! I hope you all feel better really soon! xxx
Take care hersmart, get well soon. At present I am single and don't have kids so I don't know exactly how it feels to see your kids sick. However I can imagine it is a feeling of concern. So obviously, I would try to comfort them and take care of them to help them recover as early as possible.
As long as it is not a high fever, I just let it go, as it is their body fighting off infection. I make them rest, and not go play outside, no physical exertion and lots of liquids all day. A well seasoned chicken broth helps with the cough. If their throats are sore, I give them some mild juices, like pineapple. If the fever is high, then a non aspirin medicine, and call the doctor.
I will be so concern about it. Whenever the children are sick, the most suffering actually are the moms. I will give my child more water and a meal that can be easy to digest when he doesn't feel well. I will also give him some medicine when it's necessary. If he doesn't get well in two days, I will bring him to go to see a doctor.
@KrisNY (7591)
I hate it when my daughter is sick- We both have allergies- so that isn't a big deal- we just take allergy medicine and deal with it- Lately she has been getting really bad headaches- (I think hormone related- she is 10 and already devoloping). I feel terrible when she is sick- Colds, flu bug, headache- whatever- I hate being sick- and I want noone to mess with me- so when she is sick I cuddle with her- keep her comfortable- give her fluids and spend time with her-
@golfproo (1841)
Hi, When the kids are sick I just make sure they get lots of rest and tylenol to take their fevers down. It is really difficult if I am sick at the same time as them. It makes it hard to make them comfortable and clean up after them when you are feeling so poor yourself. Oh well...that is one of those parental sacrifices that we make. :) cheers,
@miryam (6507)
i'm not son, i've one dog like my son when it sick i take it to veterinary,,,,,,, if are a kids, i call a doctor.........if very more sick bye
@ibuemma (2954)
it is hard time when my kids are sick. Usually yes I just make sure they resting and comfortable. if there are no changing after couple days i will call their doctor and take them right away to the doctor office. But in that time is hard for me to get some sleep at night. Sometimes I found myself pace around when they resting.
@vinzen (1022)
Hi, yes it does happen, when we all tend to get down together and its a sad down time for everyone and we as parents have to take care of the kids, no matter even if we are ill ourseleves. In such cases its best to give full rest to your kids, let them skip school and remain at home, either watch some tv or play some games that dont require much of activity. Just be with them and share your time and talk out things, as we rarely manage to get time to sit and talk, so make use of this and even the kids like it, the whole family being together, watch a movie together. Of course the kids will need to be medicated and if you are ill too, all of you can take the medicine together, making it easier for the kids to follow you too. You all can try gargling for sore throat, and cold, in short anything done together, is all the more fun and these days tend to pass soon too.
@wiccania (3360)
I do my best to keep him comfortable. When he has a fever I give him Tylenol and Motrin alternated 3 hours apart. I make sure he's always got something to drink and when his fever starts to really spike, I give him a tepid bath and sit in the tub with him and hold him.