Between Paganism and Atheism

Which do you think is worse?
I would avoid commenting on which one is worse as such. Because I think that its a belief system that people belong to after the experiences they have had in life and the thinking process they take up. I have been through stages where I was deep believer of one particular religion then the inclination changed to another religion then gradually I began believing in no one such particular religion but humanity in general. Hence I wouldn't comment on one of them being worse. However, at this point my inclination is more away from Paganism.
What do I think is worse, Paganism or Atheism? One is no worse then the other. If they are not for God then they are the same! One is not farther away from God then the other they are just far from God. Let me just say I have read through some of this discussion and I get the fact that we all hate hypocritical Christians. This is where we all make our mistake. We look at people who are human thet lean on their own under standing of truth instead of looking to truth themselves to learn of Him. God is truth! If we all followed Him then this world would indeed be a better place but people tend to act like they know it all instead of seek God for true understanding! For the rest of us if we didn't look at these people but concentrated on our own personal walk with God and became knowledgeable in Gods truth than we wouldn't fall away because of the Christians that don't grow in the knowledge of God's truth. Our eyes should be on God and not on each other! If you see someone on this planet that is truly following God then sure take his or her example and learn from them but ultimately put God and His teachings first even before the good example on earth because even that person can make some mistakes that may discourage you and cause you to stumble and say see even him; he doesn't get it right so I will drop this too. No you be strong in God and you be the best example of Gods truth you can be. You will make mistakes a long the way for your lack of knowledge but you will learn and keep going. We are all human and God understands all that. He doesn't expect us to get it all right all the time. Maybe the things you do know and do understand you can help lead the people who do not understand and by doing so help them to become better people and Christians in this world.
Amen! LOL. You beat me by a couple of seconds, haha! Great reply and I'm in complete agreement. +
CoffeeAnyone , I think you said it very well . We must place our trust the God of the Bible . Atheism denies the existence of God, Pagans just choose not to worship God at all , or decide to invent another God to worship.(usually digging something up from antiquity) God will not accept any other kind of worship but that of Himself .
I think I would salute your speech and find solace in the truth of the compassion and grace of God.
@jogie_bien (1103)
we dont have to judge their believing , we have to repsect their own believing.so i cannot say who is the worst one.we dont have to discuss about religion here, because we all know that people hating each other because of religion.how about you?
It all depend on how narrow the mind of the people. I debated with people for principles sometimes but definitely not about religion.
@sunshinecup (7880)
Neither really. I think it's no different than asking Christian or Muslim, which is worse. To me these are all just conclusions one reaches for their self in their own journey to find an answer to life. Until someone can prove beyond doubt there is a God and what his/her name is, then who I am to judge what judgement other's have? I am Christian, and I reached this conclusion through my own searching. Yet I don’t know 100% I am right and I won’t even begin to fool myself or other’s in pretending I do. There for, my answer again is, neither.
But anyway that was an excellent opinion.
@yamskee (830)
none. well its their belief. and as long as it dont affect others, there is nothing wrong with that.
@Kythe42 (1412)
I don't understand your question. Why is either of them bad?
Paganism i feel is worse for to be an athiest means you believe in nothing whilst pagans believe in other Gods than the christian one thus dissobeying the commandmants wich tell us to have no other Gods
@Kalachia (230)
I do hope you realize that the chrisitanity you see today stemmed off of ancient paganism rites. So just because someone who wrote a book chose one god out of many doesn't mean that they're any better.
Kalachia is completely correct. Also, i hope you realize how incredibly narrow-minded you are. Besides, just becuase a person is pagan doesn't mean they believe in many Gods. SOme pagans believe in just one God. Or in a Goddess.
@Ravenladyj (22936)
"Besides, just becuase a person is pagan doesn't mean they believe in many Gods" That is absolutely CORRECT! I am Pagan and I dont "believe in" ANY Gods or Goddess' as being seperate entities from me...I do believe in a higher power (Bondye) but its a very different thing... IMO NEITHER are "worse" in fact really there is no religion worse than any other...all are valid and right, just not for everyone
@ElicBxn (61063)
I tell you what, I'd rather deal with an honest pagan or atheiest than a two faced Christian ANY day. I meet these people that claim that they are from the religion of love & yet they seem to HATE everything that doesn't agree with their world view.
You know what is so sad? I feel the same way and I am Christian. I really can't stand hypocrites, intolerant and just plain hateful people that use this religion as they excuse for being so. I have read the same book as they and I tell ya, it doesn’t justify them in any way, IMO.
That was also what I hate so finally, I did not involve myself in churches. I had decided to become a Pagan myself. Yeah people of the world, I am a pagan and my beloved is an atheist. That is where this idea came from.
this is what life is about..spiritual growth and the glorifacation of your God..what ever your higher power is..there is no atheist in the foxhole..so says the soldiers
What do you mean which is worse? As far as I'm concerned their is nothing wrong with either!
That was how I felt about the way this question was communicated. I agree...in a world that has free choice...who gets to decide which is 'worse' with a person's belief system. Judgments annoy me too!
My thoughts exactly, well said!
fine if thats your opinion but your opinion is not the only thing that matters. This is not to judge but to get other people's opinion and there is root for this. If this is to judge then I would have said my own opinion.
@Jennifer21 (2476)
Um, I may be taking you wrong, but are you trying to say that one of these is bad? I personally see neither as being worse. I am Pagan myself, but I do not disbelieve in any religion, nor do I think any are 'worse' for that matter. Paganism, Atheism, Christianity, ect... Everyone has their own beliefs, how can anyone say one is worse than the other?
I am a Pagan and might become a Wiccan. I am not saying one is worse. I am asking about what people has to say. I hope I made it clear.
I do not understand you 'worse' comment...is that a judgment..or just lack of clarity about what you are asking us to comment on? It sounds like you are infering that paganism is similar to athesism...and I do not see it that way. Also there are so many different perspectives and ideas aroud what each represents and why people choose to subscribe to their belief systems. I prefer not to label anything others believe on a continuim of bad/worse. That approach rarely incites respectful dialoge...and goes against how I choose to relate to others. What people continually seem to forget...or choose to acknowledge is that our judgments of others and their beliefs are just our perception. Right/wrong is still a judgment weighed against our values...and rather arrogant. When our Creator gave us the right of free will...I do not see why others think they have the right to make others wrong....what happed to respect for a God given right to choose...whether we disagree or not? Acceptance of differences could go a long way to resolving many of our human rights issues...but I know that isn't about to happen until people are willing to honor the right to choose and begin living their own lives instead of minding everyone else's. But...having said that...I am only offering my perspective...no right or wrong answers here...right? Shared forum...open minds and hearts...I believe that is why we are here...at least I hope it is.
the word worse here is not a comment but a question. Asking if some people believe that one is worse. I do not know why you are so affected. I am a pagan. And being judged for being that and been hearing people say that its better to be an atheist than being a pagan becoz so many think that a pagan has many gods. You are misjudging my question. I am not misjudging anyone.
there is no worse. seeing this kind of makes me angry. every belief system is valid and just as real as any other. heres a question for you; which do you think is worse: judging people based on their beliefs, or being being misinformed and ignorant? i'm apologize if i offend you in saying that, but this discussion is outrageous. i suppose if you were looking for a religious answer, you could have posted something like "which do you think is worse from a biblical perspective" because posting this just makes you look judgemental and close-minded. i was offended after reading it, even being neither of the listed.
@mari_skye (1638)
To say that one is worse is to assume that both of them are bad. And I don't think so. The one thing that keeps man apart from animals is the power to think. This involves the ability to choose what to believe in. Atheism and Paganism are both beliefs, and while they don't jive wiht the christian or muslim faith, it does not automatically categorize these as something bad. And being christian does not give us the right to judge someone's else's belief. As I've earlier said, faith is a personal choice. It should not be characterized as good or bad nor should it be judged.
@sandwedge (1341)
"worst" for me or them? for them its their choice and from their point of view itworks for them and thats what they believe. for me its none of my business. i believe religion to be a personal thing.
@addysmum (1225)
Why is either one bad? An Atheist is someone who chooses not to believe in a God but believes that we make our own world and way. A pagan is not a bad person, why does everyone think they are bad people. I am mostly pagan in my beliefs and I am a good person. All being a pagan means is that you follow a more ancient religion then that of Christianity. No I don't think either is bad and they are definitely not worse then that of Christianity.
Neither is worst.It is a matter of belief.There is nothing wrong if you believe in many G-ds or you don't believe in any G-d.people are people and it doesn't make a difference.
Neither. Paganism teaches that there is no right or wrong religion so my answer to your question would have to be neither is worse. Especially since im pagan myself
I don't know much about either belief system, I know it's different than the way I believe, but I can't really judge until I know more. Anyway, they probably wonder what's worse..Christianity, or Islam, or something. I guess it's all different ways people try to understand themselves and life. I think there's good in all religious paths, and there's bad as well.
Neither. It is all a matter of you point of view. There are many good people that just don't believe in any deity. And there are many good people who practice Wicca and other religions with many G-ds.Just because neither are the path I have chosen doesn't make them worse than my path.
Atheism is worse because it is false. Everyone believes in something. At least those who believe in false Gods admit they believe in something. Who is fooling whom?