Why is white the usual color in wedding ceremonies?

@carol_m (709)
Why not black?
@Flight84 (3050)
I don't know why that is, but when I got married, I refused to use any white. I got married in the fall, and I used off-whites and fall colors, like reds, oranges, and yellows. My decorations were leaves and wheat stalks, and I used pumpkins and all kinds of fall things. My wedding dress was even a pale gold color. It was gorgeous!
@carol_m (709)
yes...going out of the usual is sometimes fun. Who cares, right? What's important is that you'll protect the sanctity of your marriage until your dying days =)
@Flight84 (3050)
Thanks for the best response!:)
it is so absurd to wear black as the wedding is a sacrament and "white" represents purity. black is just a symbol of fashion while white is a symbol of chastity, pureness and carnal love.
@carol_m (709)
but isn't wearing white unfitting if the two people involved do not really carry the real symbol of that color?
@heartsick (832)
maybe black for wedding ceremonies is for Rock Star.. :)
@roniroxas (10574)
i think times are modern already. i can see a lot of weeddings who dares to wear the color they want not just the old fashion white. it is like at burial before people wears black but now they wear white.....
Because white stands for the purity and that's important for the marriage. The black usually stands for the sadness.