How long do you keep your computer on

If you will ask me, well, I keep it on for almost 12 hours a day. It is because I do my work here. At the same time, I do mylotting and posting on our blog. I am self employed and I am into desktop publishing, graphic designing, researching and accepting typing jobs.
well i use my computer a lot during the time that i was not sick..before me and kuya use the computer for almost 24 hours a day but now i seldom use the computer and i am using it like 4 hours then turn it off when i feel like resting then just turn it on again when i do my mylotting and other stuff in the computer.
@vonne28th (1494)
I am not just the one who uses our computer. There are also my siblings. They play online games here or doing friendster. I guess we keep it open for about 12 hours too or more!
@d_hapke (165)
It depends, the computer in our bedroom I try and shut down as much as possible. It is over 5 years old and this is the first year I have not done any manitenance on it. I am very aware of fans dying and I know for sure there is tons of dust in the unit. So, until I clean eat ( I finally stole and air can from my dad's house!), I keep it off as long as possible. Our Mac Mini in the kitchen, on the other hand, is on nearly 24-7. I do shut it down when I am gone for the day. My hubby works all day and I am usually home with the kids. I, too, am a graphic and web designer and am currently looking for employment outside the home. My husband and I also are midnight snackers so we like to come downstairs and munch on something while checking our email or what not...
I am not quite sure for how long but it always been hours every day. I have nothing much to do at home. I can open my pc for whole day. If I have been in front the pc for too long. I will just shut it down for an hour or two before I switch it on again.
@sreevasu (2717)
Working at home with computer gives my daily bread and hence it is on for all most all day except when I go for shower, food and sleep. Thank you for asking.
@totty1969 (1473)
I never shut my computer off unless there is a lightning storm. If I am not on it for a while it goes in to standby. It takes too long to load at startup.
@carryli (876)
it is not immovable,if i am in home,and i don't have anything to do,i will open my computer and surf .But i don't like to open my conputer for a long time,i think it is not good for it,especially my computer is netbook.I remember the lognest time i just keep my computer open is 10 hours,
wow 12 hours!? mine would be 6 hours and not straight maybe perhaps 3 hours in themorning and 3 in the evening prbably estimate it to8 if i do a full time logging on and if theres nothing good showing up on tv. The tv is the only thing that gets me off the computer :)
@TerryZ (22082)
Hey there my friend I keep my computer on for around 10 hours a day. Or sometimes alittle more. I really use this baby alot.LOL
@maddysmommy (16232)
I only keep mine on when I use it which is usually about a couple of hours and then i shut it down when i go to bed.
....my computer seems working the samw hours as yours. And similar in job types as well.
@dafnie (382)
I have a laptop and it's on pretty much 12 hours a day too. It's never really completely off because sometimes I'll put it on hibernate or stand by.
@ElicBxn (61192)
mine is on 24/7 it takes so long for it to figure out what it wants to do & I have NO patiences.
@wdiong (1817)
As for me, I normally keep my computer on about five hours daily. I mainly go online to check mail and to do Mylotting. My daughter will also go online during this period to play games as and when I take a break to cook and other household chores.
@1grnthmb (2063)
I leave my computer on twenty four hours a day. I used to turn it off every time I stopped using it.But now with all the virus threats, spyware and other malicous problems I leave it on and run a scheduled virus and spyware scan every night. Also it runs defrag and other maintenance programs once a week.
System - Computer system
I will keep my computer on for a maximum of 8 hours a day. I will switch off the monitor when i take a break.
@faith210 (11232)
Hi hersmart4ever! I have the computer on for 5-10 hours a day on weekdays and on weekends, just for an hour only. I don't have my own computer yet because this is my husband's computer and I only get to use it when he is not doing any thing on the pc. But he promised me that he will buy one for me soon. I hope it will be sooner though. LOL! have a nice day and take care!
@vinzen (1022)
Hi, well that depends on how much ones working on the computer. For me work is on the com[puter and my school as well, so the computer at home is on nearly all day , that we are home, except when we sleep for those 4-5 hours,and morning when we are in school, again we put it on, thats another omputer though, so literally its on, all day through ! And ever since even i have joined my lot, it takes away a good deal of my time too, but i enjoy being here. You are a very old memeber here, how do you like it, and how come yopu dont have any stars ? And how do you manage to answer or type so much to get that kind of a score, i ask as i am rather new, and dont have much of an idea regarding the site, and onwhat basis realy they pay us.
@Lydia1901 (16353)
My computer is on as long as i am using it but when I am not using it, it goes to sleep after 30 minutes on its own.
I keep my computer on during the day. Somedays I do not even turn it on. Today I turned it on at 10am and I will be turning it off when I go to be tonight.