Why we ask for advice from strangers...

Many people post various discussions on personal areas of their life here on myLot, for total strangers to read and comment on. I've done this myself as well as responded to such discussions. I was thinking about it and realized that advice given from an objective third person view might just be a lotmore helpfull than advice from those closer to us and the problem. Strangers don't love us, they are not obligated to make us feel better or even to be on our side. A stranger holds no loyalties to you or anyone or antyhing surrdounding your personal issues. So their advice is more likely to be direct, objective and easier to take in. We take advice from our loved ones as being objective, naturally you consider their motive and their obligation to have to make you feel better. So do you ask for advice or give advice on personal topics to strangers?
@Feona1962 (7527)
I just asked all my Mylot people to help me choose a new avatar..I agree totally with all that you stated. Sometimes family say what you want to hear and don't want to hurt your feelings. It is good to seek outside advice because I feel it helps me more..I like to give advice to strangers..They don't have to accept it if they wish not too!
Yeah it's a lot easier sometimes because they're not so involved and aren't going to sugar coat the situation for you.
@Feona1962 (7527)
Yep. All those emotionally involved people..What is up with that?...LOL..
lol no kidding with all their love and support, who asked them?
@roniroxas (10574)
it is nice to hear advice(s)from people you dont know, because they will say what they want to say not thinking of you getting hurt.... they say it straight to the point. but you still need to analyze what they said. you still need to analyze whether the advice came from a friend or a stranger
That is very true, no matter who gives you the advice you still need to make sure it is the right thing for you.
@roniroxas (10574)
thanks for the BR
@wisconsin26 (3859)
Yes I do both, Reason being is because alot of people have been threw the same thing say I have.. And they deal with it in may different ways.. When someone say for example "How do I deal with my break up with my boyfriend?" Alot of people here on mylot has gone threw that and they want to share with people how they dealed with it.. I also think people ask because they know they won't get judged for what they need help with... If for say they go and ask a sibling they are just going gibber on and on how they shouldn't of done such a thing and so on.. Here asking they will get a direct answer... So yes I do both give and ask for it..
I agree totally with you, it is nice to get advice from people who have already been through the experience that you are going through and it is more direct which is a lot more helpful.
I find that I give lots of advice on this site. I also receive it, whether I ask for it or not. Besides being objective in giving advice, advice from a stranger does not feel so judgmental either.
That's so true, it is free from that factor. And it's easier to not take if you don't want to, no pressure. I give and get a lot too, I think it works great.