Grrr... my dog's eating habits (or lack of them)

@emma412 (1156)
I have a Vizsla who is two years old. She refuses to eat every once and a while (maybe 4 times a month) and when she does not eat she throws up a yellow liquid. I have tried different brands of dog food, different types (wet, dry) and have even resorted to trying to get her to eat treats. No luck. Any thoughts or suggestions?
@KarenO52 (2951)
Have you tried a brand that includes lamb and rice? I've heard that it might be more digestible for some dogs. Some dogs also have trouble when you switch brands, so if you find a brand your dog can tolerate more, you might want to stick with it. I used to have a dog that would throw up after drinking water. The vet could find nothing wrong with her,and he suggested just letting her have a little water or food at a time.
@emma412 (1156)
I have her on a natural lamb and rice food at the moment but it's not working. I heard the same thing as you. I'll try the water thing and see if it helps. Thanks for the input.
@Debs_place (10524)
Does she eat grass, this seems to make my labs throw up. I have never heard of a healthy dog refusing food, have you talked with your vet about this? This is what I would do.
@emma412 (1156)
No, she does it without eating grass. The vet suggested I switch dog food which works for a little while but inevitably we run back into the same problem. I'm probably going to take her to a new vet and see what they have to say. Was just wondering what other people thought before I rack up a huge vet bill that once again doesn't solve anything!