Did anyone see the new Transformers Movie?

If yes, how violent was it, and did you take children to see it with you? If yes how old were the children. My son really wants to see this movie. He is only seven, from the previews I could tell it was pretty violent, but how violent? He saw spiderman 3, but transformers looked more complicated for a 7 yr old. Some input would be great. Thanks
@3lilangels (4639)
i didnt see this movie yet,but i heard from other people that its ok for kids between 5and 8 to watch.it doesnt have much violence just alot of fighting in it,and alot of action.it might be alittle complicated for a 7 year old but then again now a days kids are so smart and really surprse us with things they say or do.
Thanks for the input. I think I will let him watch it based on opinions left so far. He will be so excited.
@inked4life (4225)
I took my kids who are 7 and 9 to see it, and the only real "violence" of any kind is the robots fighting each other. You don't see any people getting hurt which is good. Spiderman 3 was way worse as Venom was pretty scary looking for the kids. I think your 7 year old would be fine with Transformers...it's not really that complicated either.
Thanks, he will be thrilled