My cat had kittens

My black cat had 3 kittens the other day... I really need to find out how much it's going to cost to get her fixed and my other female cat.. Theirs a male cat running around here some where that isn't fixed.. I can tell or my cats wouldn't be having kittens... Both of my Female cats are outside cats, They rather not want to be in the house.. I am not sure what to do with them.. Getting them fixed would be the best thing to do.. My husbands boss was going to get some information on how much it was going to cost but never did and I think the last time I called they said something in the 100's range to do it...Do you think that is to much to get a cat fixed?
@Feona1962 (7527)
Call you local humane society and see if they can do it or can suggest someone who can..$100.00 is alot..Around here it is like around half that or less. All in all it is better to spay than for them to continue to have kittens, and I know you already know this..It does sound like alot right now but it will be worth it in the long run..If you can get them both done for $100 that would be good..Try your local humane society and see what they say...
I know this is her second time this summer having kittens something actually really nasty happened the last time she did.. My dog got a hold of them.. (That's all I am going to say) lol...I will call them and see they can help me because having all these kittens is become a pain.. Let me remind you I love animals and all but a person can only afford so many of them I now have 10 cats again.. thank you for your reply and help!
@Feona1962 (7527)
I understand. It is too bad that you have a male cat running around..
@CatsandDogs (13964)
You can get it done at a much cheaper rate if you go to a human society to have it done oppose to going to a veterinarian. You can look it up in your phone book or call your local vet and they should tell you where one is and the phone number. You should definetley get both of your female cats fixed or they will continue to have kittens. No matter what the cost, it's better than having kittens on a constant basis and trying to find homes for them and/or feeding all those cats you will end up with. So either way, cheap or in the hundred and something, it's money well spent. I have 3 dogs and 7 cats and every one of them are fixed.
I agree... But sometimes people can't afford to do things like that.. I did find someone so I am going to get them done as soon as possible thanks for your reply!
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Oh that's wonderful!! Good luck to you!
@sunshinecup (7880)
I think that is about average. I don't blame you though, we have our Toms fixed but we still need to get the kitten done. I do think females cost more than males if I am not mistaken.
Yes Females do at least in my area anyway.. Geesh you know it's not like vet is helping them give birth or anything..lol I think the last time I called the vet she said something like around 260.00 to get both females fixed.. I guess i am just going to have to start saving up and or get the male done.. Thanks for your reply!
? ? ? Thank you for Best Response! ? ? ?
Well, besides having your cats fixed, make sure that they all get their shots as soon as possible.
I agree and I will have that done as well but at the moment I am more wanting my cats to be fixed so that they can't have any more kittens.. To many kittens isn't good cause they add up so fast.. Thanks for your reply!
@webeishere (36353)
Every cat I ever owned was spayed and or neutered. I don't want to have strays roaming around mainly for the reasons you're experiencing right now. I haven't had a cat in 10 years or longer ands it cost like $65 then. So I'd saay $100 sounds reasonable. But I am sure you can get a coupon from your local Humane Society to a specific Vet for a decent discount as they do that here in Minnesota. Spay and neuter your pets as Bob Barker always says. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
lol I was reading your reply right before i went to bed and that last part "Spay and neuter your pets as Bob Barker always says" I just couldn't figure out who said that... Finally I remember.. The price is right! I am going to call my local vet today and see what the price is to get my male cat done.. The neighbors male cat as far as i last heard ran away.. That was the one who got my two females pregnant What i should have done was plit the kittens up and gave her some of them sense it was her's lol.. I don't understand why people really can't get them fixed though.. Thanks for your reply!
@lucy02 (5017)
I think it was about $75 the last time I got my dog spayed. Sometimes the Humane Shelter runs a special though and I think they just charge $20. Also I have heard of people getting their spaying done through them at other times and it costing less. I don't know if they told them they were rescued animals or not.