I cant believe how quiet the tropics have been

I thought for sure we would have seen a hurricane by now. Especially since it has been so hot and the air is so juicy. Now I am not complaining mind you, but I am still surprised. I wish the heat and humidity would go away though
@TiffanieC (827)
There is a system SW of the Cape Verde Islands.. it's a strong tropical wave that will most likely become a depression in the next 24 hours. This is something to watch out for.
There you go I had to open my big mouth. Well maybe it will bring a little bit of cooler air this way. Thanks for the heads up I will have to be sure and watch the tropical update on the weather channel. Are you in florida?
I know, right? Totally sucks! Yup! I am in Broward County. After Wilma I just can't take the thought of another storm like that! UGH! Gotta get out of FL!!!!
We have been in florida for two years. We grew up in upstate ny, so for us most of the year is awesome. I could do without june, july and august though lol