what if you could give up something - like your phone or tv and lose weight

By Amy
Abernathy, Texas
would you? would you give up your phone or internet or tv or all these things - forever to always be at your perfect weight?
@Malyck (3428)
Nope. Not because I am particularly attached to any of them, but because they are useful, and I'd rather exercise for fun and to lose weight. It's easy for me to say, I suppose because I've never really had any concern with my weight, and I'm not all that fussed on appearance. It's an interesting thought, though, but I think it would encourage people to continue an unhealthy lifestyle and diet.
• Abernathy, Texas
That's why I laugh at those commercials for pills that will allow you to never excercise and eat what you want. If you don't excercise, your weight may go down but your fat percentage goes up. Plus, why encourage people not to excercise their most important muscle -their heart - which is a helpful organ to have, even if you're Skinny Minny - what's the good of being thin if you're not around long to enjoy it? Its just not worth it just to leave a good looking corpse, at least you can give the worms something to chew on. And the most important organ for your immune system is your intenstines so if they continue to eat what they want, they won't be healthy long - besides clogging up arteries and liver.
@Malyck (3428)
I don't know if I fully agree with your statement about the heart.. it's not really *that* helpful.. what's mine ever done for me? =P I suppose those pills etc just prove the attitude that so many people have: they don't care about health, they just want a good body without having to do any work. shameful stuff.
• Abernathy, Texas
Its very true. Its an instant gratification world. That's why the weight loss industry is so huge - people want to lose weight fast, and when one doesn't work they go to another - and when one does, the new skinny minnys don't do the things necessary to stay healthy and go back to the pills/fad diets. Like the great rich quick industry, it stays alive through these folks who want instant gratification rather then working for a living.
@lkbooi (16101)
At this present movement I’m dared to say I’ m perfectly fit, so I don’t have to give up anything. A perfect healthy body, it's worth to have it, so I would give up my tv so as to gain a perfect healthy body. If you want me to give up all the things mentioned for a perfect healthy body I do willing to do so. For me, if we were to gain the whole world we still unable to enjoy life if without good health, right?
• Abernathy, Texas
Right, good health is vital to optimal enjoyment of life. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion!!!
I'm sure most people would give up many material things for the perfect body. I myself would give up TV for my ideal body, but the phone and internet keep me connected to so many people. I couldn't give that up.
• Abernathy, Texas
Thanks for your honesty. I too would be willing to give up material things for a fit body. However, you're absolutely right, connection to others is so important and shouldn't be sacrificed for looks.
T.V and Internet, Yes. The phone - no
• Abernathy, Texas
I think a lot of people would say that. What do most of us do when we leave work - get on our cell phones? Take a break, call someone, go shopping on our own - call - in the car - hands free use of cell phone! Some people don't even turn if off when on a date or out with friends!