Have you ever sent a check that was not cashed and then you were charged twice?

@LittleMel (14033)
It happened to us a few times. Last year was the last time I remember it well. Whenever someone charges us twice, I checked our statement to see if the check for previous bill that we mailed had been cashed. If this check wasn't cashed I would pay both bills. But then there were times the checks were not cashed so we ended up paying both bills and after many months out of the sudden we received zero bill. I don't mind paying double if the company is honest, but why pay twice if we can be billed correctly? So this time we were charged twice again and I refused to pay until they confirmed they have not received the check we mailed out last month. They supposed to have received it by the time the bill was sent anyway.
@lols189 (4797)
no this has never happened to me luckily. i never write cheques out as i am careful about doing this for the same reasons you mentioned. am sorry this has happened to you littlemel and i hope you sorted this problem out
@LittleMel (14033)
I called the company again and then I sent a new check but cancelled the previous check I sent. This old check hasn't been cashed yet but now nobody can, so it's safe to send a new check
@squaretile (3832)
thankfully that has not happened to me. this company sounds crooked alright. with such companies i will always complain and complain until they sort things out properly. we must insist on good customer service. :)
@LittleMel (14033)
something sure doesn't sound right here. I thought postal service messed up, but now I seriously doubt they are to blame all the time. they had their share of messing up with addresses, but this time I just don't buy it.
@polachicago (19073)
For the last 3 years I use the company MYcheckfree.com I love them. It is not automatic payment, you have full control of how much and when you pay. When they have new bill from your company, you can view it on line and mark future payments. Service is free.
@LittleMel (14033)
I don't think it will work here. I wouldn't want to fill out their direct deposit form since the way they record the payment is already questionable, but on the other hand mailing out payment has its own hassle
I had this happen to many times. The last time it happened I quit using checks I have converted to just using cash. I can go pay all my bills with cash so thats what I do. I would like to start using a debit card so I can just pay my bills from home but I know the bank will mess that up for me they always do somehow. so im just staying with paying in cash
@LittleMel (14033)
I wish I could pay in cash, but the company's billing dept is not local
@adidas7878 (2013)
no i dont think that i been charge twice on my bills yet. i know i been charge extar on stuff that i didnt need, other wise they been fine so far on our bills
@LittleMel (14033)
that's good to know
@sid556 (30988)
My cable co. is very slow to credit payments...i mean VERY slow. I have kept track of it and I really don't get charged twice. It just takes them time to credit me and have it show up on my statements. I keep a log of bills recieved, what I have paid and for what month etc. In the end it all evens out.
@LittleMel (14033)
it's true in the end it all evens out but that would be like the end of the year whereas we need the money and not using it to pay the same service twice
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
Hello LittleMel!:-) I have it happened to me last year in February (if I remember correctly, I am not sure exactly). What happened was, I gave a check (132 Euros) as a payment for my student's residence rent near 1st or 2nd of that month. My family, back home, needed some money, so I withdrew whatever was there in my account on 21st or 22nd of same month, leaving only 25 euros(my account balance is usually like that:-) but I am quite rich at the moment waiting to empty my account very soon). I thought that the Administration of residence would have cashed the check by that time but they didn't. They sent the check on 24th (probably)and it bounced (obviously). I didn't know that there was a charge to be paid if the check bounces and it was none less than 100 Euros. I didn't find it out until I received my next balance statement. I do not like to spend even a single penny uselessly, so I fought for my case but apparently to no avail. If I had more money I would definitely have gone for legal action because the administration had told us that the checks would be cashed near 5 and the TOS that bank gave at the time of opening of account didn't contain that clause. Still, I accepted my fault of not checking whether or not they have cashed it. That was the heaviest amount I have paid uselessly in my life, ever.
@LittleMel (14033)
exactly what I don't wish to happen. if I block the check and then they received it, then it will bounce and I have to pay insufficient fund fee. but if I didn't block it, and end up paying twice, the money we could have used for other things would end up paying one service for that month