scrapbooking

do you scrapbook? how much time do you spend scrapbooking, do you spend alot on your supplies? where do you shop for scrapbook supplies? I have been getting my things from close to my heart, but it is quite expensive.
I don't actually scrapbook, but I have a lot of scrapbooking supplies. I use them to make greeting cards and sometimes art cards (ACEOs). I love browsing through the supplies at craft stores, and I also used to find a lot of stuff at Wal-Mart, of all places. The supplies definitely are expensive, but I love having all sorts of little bits of paper around!
I started my scrapbook recently it is a fun activity to do with my daughters even though they are 13 and 15 they enjoy it as well. I havent made any cards yet but we are planning on it. walmart, I will look there also. thanks.
@alamode (3073)
I love to scrap! I have a bad hand and don't do a lot, but I try to do half an hour every day... and once you have the photos organized it goes a lot faster, and you get more done in less time! I don't spend a lot for supplies... I bought a few magazines with some good layouts, and I just change colors, etc to make my pages look different! I do a LOT of my shopping for supplies at dollar stores and garage sales, believe it or not! There are also many places online, like frugalities.com and scrappindeals.com, who have great sales on supplies... and local bulk paper stores and craft stores that have super deals! And you must have a Wal-Mart or other dept store nearby--- their prices are MUCH lower! I have full-sheet label paper and print out my own stickers, and I can also make aged-looking tags and images with a simple print shop program I have in my computer... I use double-sided CARPET tape I can cut to any size I need... And I collect bits and pieces from old magazines, the recycle bin... its amazing what a touch of the unusual can do! I like to use sticky mesh drywall tape... a huge roll is about $6 at a home center, and ink pads color it well! My clear 'embossing ink' is 1 Tablespoon of glycerin and 1 Tablespoon of water, soaked into a pad of felt... I spend my $$ on good stamps, punches, embossing powders, non-stick scissors for that carpet tape--- the TOOLS are SO important!But you don't need everything they try to sell you... just work with the basics!!
wow, thanks. that information is very helpful, a little creativity goes a long way. I just spent alot of money for some stamping things at a home party that I went to. I have quite a bit of paper now because I have been saving it.
@alamode (3073)
Hey-- thank YOU-- the discussion started me on my own quest to catch up on a few things this morning, and I accomplished a lot! Also remembered the pages I made using newspaper--- a can of acid-neutralizing archival spray would really expand your available materials! You could use gift wrap, etc. I get it at an art-supply store or at dickblick.com--- saves $$$ over the scrapbook parties and even over the craft stores!
@Rickrocks8 (1751)
I do most of my scrapbooking in hte winter I think it's becasue I get cabin fever from being all cooped up. And I scrapbook in spirts. I'm not really into fancy layouts where you spend hours and hours. I always want the focus to be on the pictures not some cute page I have made. From time to time I might do a way out there page but I do not make a habit of it. I like to use color and I embelish a little bit. I sell Stampin up so I buy alot of their products. I'm not sure for how much longer I will be selling. There is just so much great stuff out there...online and in local craft store. Happy scrapping!
thanks, i'm not too good at it but my friend is really good.
Oh pish posh I'm sure you do just fine!
@Katlady2 (9920)
That is something that I have always wanted to do, but have never really learned all the ins and outs of doing it. I've seen the scrapbooks that some of my friends have put together and they are so awesome. One of these days, I'm hoping to put one of my own together. There are a couple of huge craft stores a few miles from where I live, and I've looked over their supplies, and I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store when I do get around to getting everything I need. They have a LOT of stuff! But you're right...it is pretty expensive.
it is very addicting once you get started too!
@cutepenguin (6448)
I haven't scrapbooked in a while. I am partway through a scrapbook now. I get my things from a scrapbook store, I don't remember what it is called. It's expensive, but so is everywhere else.
yea it seems to be quite expensive thanks.