If Your Partner Cheated...

or is she really? - friend drawing.
@Malyck (3428)
Australia
with a friend or relative, would you blame them both equally, or be more inclined to forgive your boyfriend over the other, or vice versa? in many cases where both cheating parties are at fault, people find it easier to choose one over the other, and I don't understand why. What's your opinion?
I wouldn't forgive either one of them. I would put the blame on both regardless of who started it, because they both knew what they were doing and no matter how much they wanted to give into that temptation, they still should have held out.
@Malyck (3428)
Yep, it's extremely selfish for either of them to enter into that sort of situation, I agree.
@butterfly39 (3907)
In that case I won't waste time listening to explanations, what I want is not to be able to see him for life. Let him suffer the consequence...
@Malyck (3428)
Right on! and what about your friend or relative?
Relatives will always understand the situation but...there sympathy is with you and the kids of course.
i would not be able to forgive either one of them. most especially my relative!! sure i would be very mad and very hurt if my boyfriend cheated on me..and would leave him. and it would be hard to deal with being that he was someone i loved..cause being hurt by someone you love always hurts more than any other right? but i would be doubly hurt, shocked, if he had cheated with say..my sister!! because you know it can happen with a boyfriend, you dont expect it but its always a possibility..but to have a FAMILY member do that!! omg that would be practically the ultimate betrayal! cause no matter what your family is supposed to be "there" for you.
@Malyck (3428)
That's exactly right, if any of my friends or relatives got with my partner I would just be shattered! Certainly the ultimate betrayal that not only tears apart you and your partner, but also affects your family!
@subha12 (18452)
I would blame all equally. cheating is very bad thing. I feel the pain as i was very much cheated . the people who cheat should be blamed all who all are responsible.
@ahgong (10064)
When we get into any relationship, be it friendship or love, we tend to put a certain level of trust into that person that we got into the relationship with. As a respect for each other, that trust has to be maintained. If that trust is breached for whatever the reason, we sort of disrespect the trust that was bestowed upon us by that person we are in a relationship with. All the more worst if that trust between you and your partner is breached. I guess if it was my significant other, it would really depend on the situation to see whether that breach of trust is forgivable or not. In any relationship, it takes a lot of fate for two people to come together. I guess in this case, any relationship deserves a second chance.
@bucketkid (239)
I could never take either of them back or trust them again. No way in the world.