when is a house a home?

By Glen
@glenniah (1198)
Mandurah, Australia
I heard a discussion last night about people describing what they felt turned their house into a home. I think that at the end of a long day when I turn the key in my own front door I know I'm home and all the events of the day get left outside. What do you think makes a house a home?
@meemingNEW (2228)
Well.. I think what makes a house a home is the comfort that you have for your house. I mean, the people living in a house or structure is what makes the house feel like home. A house is just a structure right? The people who will be living in that structure are the ones who will be decorating the place, painting, modeling, putting things into place, etc.. That's when the people who will be living in that structure, .. after your house is done, the only thing you have left to do is to be at your house and feel at home. It is already your home. It's not just a structure, it's your home. Your image, your property, whatever you call it. At the end of the day, like when you get inside the house.. the fact that you made this house your own,. makes it a home. :)_ I hope you get me.. hehehe .. Best of luck to you and take care!
@glenniah (1198)
• Mandurah, Australia
Hi meeming. Thanks for your response. Yeah, I know what you mean. We choose the structure then fill it with our own belongings and make it 'ours'. I have a whole wall dedicated to friends and places around the world, I love to stop and look at it. It brings back so many memories for me. Cheers Glenniah
Wow. That must be great. I mean, having a wall dedicated to your friends. They must mean a lot to you. Well, that's what makes a house a home.. how comfortable you are living in that place. :) thanks to you too. Have a blessed day!
@ryanphil01 (4185)
HOME is a place where you, God, and your family dwell together in love. A place where US is more important than I. A place where God and family are more important than career. A place where children are taught about God; the difference between right and wrong; and are disciplined with love. A place where prayer is important and differences are settled with love and understanding, not with strife. A safe place you want to return to after dealing with the ungodliness of the world. It is somewhere you know you will be unconditionally loved and accepted. A HOUSE is ONLY a place. The most important factor of building a home is the people living in it when there's harmony and good relationship, thus we can call it A HOME SWEET HOME.
@glenniah (1198)
• Mandurah, Australia
Hi ryanphil0. Thanks for you comments, I couldnt agree more with them, Glenniah
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi there. Home is where my family are, wether inside our house or out... As long as my family are there and our home is warm, clean and full of food, thats home for me... I could go on, but Im not... Have a great day...
@glenniah (1198)
• Mandurah, Australia
Hi Nardz. Yep its family and people we love that makes a house feel like home. A nice log fire in winter, good home cooked food, what more could we want eh. Glenniah
@MisterPlus (1917)
A house is a home when the people living there are warm and caring to each other and you always feel safe when you feel your home.
@glenniah (1198)
• Mandurah, Australia
Oh yes MisterPlus. Being in a safe and nurturing enviroment is so important You are safe because you know that you can be yourself and be accepted by people who love you. Thanks Glenniah
@Rollo1 (16650)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I think what everyone is really saying is that "home" is not a place, it's not even necessarily the place you and yours are in, it's those people, those loved ones, that feeling of safety, love, security, belonging - those are the things that are home. I think it is possible to find "home" in a mate, a place where you belong, where you are accepted for who you are and there is no fear of rejection or disapproval. Home is found in love, love is in people. There may never be a "place" you can call home, but there is probably someone in whom you have a "place" that is all for you, and when you are with that person, you are home.