How do you usually greet the day

I used to have no way of greeting the day because when the day comes, I would usually sleep. I am a nocturnal person but then, last night, I lost my internet connection so, I just thought of going to sleep. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and I noticed sunrise was something so beautiful to see. This made me wonder how people usually greet the day. How do you?
@Debs_place (10524)
There are so many variables, by nature, I am nocturnal. But by necessity, I am not. When the alarm clock goes off, I usually smack it a few times (I guess that would be my first Good Morning to Mother nature). Then I crawl out of bed, stumble around and pet the dogs, get them awake and put them outside. While they are outside, I look at the weather ( a little snow is always pretty, or some sunshine after a light rain seems to make the world look bright and clean) these are good days and then I can really open my eyes. If it is going to be hot and humid then ick - I just want to scream and go back to bed. I let the dogs in, I feed the dogs, I shower.
@Cammeel1 (372)
Funny how different we all are! When I wake up and know it is going to be a cold day, that is when I want to jump back under the covers and hide for the day!
@faith210 (11232)
Hi hersmart4ever! I am not a morning person, I usually am very quiet and just try to shake all the web that seem to clogged my brain in the morning but I am trying to change this attitude because somehow it is affecting the people around me. I try to greet the day with a smile and utter good mornings with a wide smile plastered on my face and eyes half shut to the people around me. LOL! Take care and have a nice day!
I have noticed that most of the mylotters are nocturnal.
@ranitam22 (1147)
It does feel good to wake up in the morning. Things just seem a lot brighter and it seems like you can get a lot more done and the day seems longer. I know when I sleep in the day goes by quick and it doesn't seem like i get all the things i need to get accomplished done.
@dbhattji (2506)
I can see the sunrise from my bed as it faces the window towards east - so I am greeted every by the rising sun, the colors of the sky are different every day very beautiful. I get up and say my morning prayers and then leave my bed.
It is good luck to have the sun welcome you when you rise up.
@aj2006 (1536)
I usually great the day with a prayer..waking up so early is what I usually do, I am a working mom and I am up at around four in the morning.. after my prayers, I give some time to take a good look at my sleeping daughter in my avatar, and hoping that while I'm away for that particular day, She is safe at home.. :0)
I used to be in a situation like that. I am glad now that I am a freelancer. I can always see my kids' condition.
@pyewacket (44032)
Hehe--I'm a night owl myself so I don't exactly rise and shine at dawn..LOL--But when I do wake up I do have a little ritual that I do--I'm part native american, and as soon as I get up, I burn some sage as a blessing and greet the four directions and while doing so say to each direction...I greet this day in health, I greet this day in life, I greet this day with courage, I greet this day with love. Then before my two cats get too impatient with me I go to the kitchen and feed them some fresh food and water all before I start my breakfast
Why dont we create our own club and call it "The Owls of Mylot" LOL
@derek_a (10894)
I wake up every morning around 5-5.30 am - that means it's quite often before the sunrise especially in winter. To me it is truly the best time of day. I do around an hour of meditation first thing. I have never slept very much, perhaps 6 hours at the most even when I worked half the night as a musician years ago. :-)
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
Good question. I greet the day in an ugly way. I wake up about five times to hit the snooze button. Then, I drag out of bad and stumble into the shower and start my day. I have had problems sleeping all my life so. By the time I finally fall asleep, I have only a few hours to sleep before I have to face the next day. I believe that from this day forward, I will do my best to wake up with a song in my heart. God has blessed me to see a new day. I need to wake up, thanking and praising him for that.
Well,ma be once in 3 months.God,I feel sorry for myself,I maybe am a bit lasy girl.M..M..maybe the reality is I should make a change about my study time-table and enjoy my lovely sunrises more.
I usually watch TV and have ice water. I also go out in the back yard sometimes and sit by the pool. I usually am alone so I can do what ever I want.
@kaplya (1578)
i greet it grumbling!LOL actually i too am a noturnal and it's ages since i have risen up early in the morning!;) but there are some festival days in my area which ask us to wake up early for worshipping..so on those days i love to see sunrise which is added up with beauty and atmosphere of festivals.:)
@anonymili (3138)
First thing in the morning - Ok so I DON'T look like this person first thing in the morning but I sure behave like that - almost having to crawl out of bed!
Oh man, the way I greet each morning is usually with a groan - as I always feel like I need more sleep LOL. I'm not a morning person and it's best that no one speaks to me for an hour or so after I've woken up. It's REALLY very handy that my hubby wakes and leaves for work well before I wake up HAHAHA!
@dpk262006 (56736)
It is always an awesome feeling to see sun-rise. I love watching sun rising. But sometime, in the morning we are in such a hurry that we cannot even enjoy sur-rising.
• Belgium
I don't great the day I suppose. If I get up before 7 am, I'll send some text messages to some friends (it's free then). Otherwise I'll just start the computer and listen to some music or whatsoever...
@kitty1234 (1476)
I am a morning person and I love getting up early wen the world is still quiet. I like the sound of the quiet, the birds chirping and the sun just starting to peek out. It is a reminder that the day is brand new and we have a new start. I also like to go to bed early, lol.
@williamjisir (22884)
I am a nocturnal person as well. I stay up as late as more than eleven and twelve or later. When I get up in the morning, it is more than six. Then I start to prepare my summer lessons for my son and will later teach him the whole morning during the summer vacation. This is how I greet the day.
@sunshine4 (8706)
I usually drag myself out of bed. I am not a morning person. I jump in the shower first thing and then I start waking up. Once dressed for the day, it is time to work. I have kids come early in the morning that I watch...so not much time to enjoy myself in the mornings.
@sunshinecup (7880)
Well, I wake up every morning between the hours of 5:00AM and 5:30AM with a hot cup of coffee. Needless to say I hop on the puter and start reading my friend's posts and sip on my java. Then in a few moments, my eyes are open wide enough and my mind is alert as well, I can actually start answering posts. Since my puter is located right next to my window here in the "computer room" as we call it. A small almost closet size extra bedroom, I can see the sun rise while setting here. I love it! Right as it begins to peak over the houses across the street, I turn the room lights off , pull back the curtains and open the window so I can really breath in it's beauty. The sunrise is so wonderful and really gets me ready for the new day that is to begin. I love it and I never miss one except on cloudy and rain mornings. I think that is why winter is such a bummer for me, it's often cloudy during those times. I reckon I am one of those that really need the sunlight or they feel crummy. What is that condition called? Anyway that is how I start my mornings. Then in no time it’s time to get hubby up for work and then a few hours later, the girls and my day begins.
@gr8life (6252)
Hello hersmart4ever, I am not a morning person too but I have to wake up early nowadays for the sake of my baby. I love to see sunrise and sunset and whenever I go for a holiday with my family, I will definitely wake up early just to see the beautiful sunrise and wait till evening to see another amazing sunset. As for daily life, whenever I open my eyes, I just thank God first for giving me another chance to witness another beautiful day.
@abroji (3247)
I go to bed late in the night. So getting up is also late. By the time I wake up the sun will be bright. I wake up by 7.30 in the morning. I am not in the practice of greeting the day, but I say thanks to God for giving one more day to me.