Have you sold any of your Properties because you are broke

When I was younger, my father bought me a Yamaha organ which I treasured so much. After a few months, he got involved in an accident and it got us broke. We have no choice but sell our house and my precious Yamaha. I couldn't almost stand the pain as I watch the buyer take the organ away. I promised myself then that when I had the chance to find a good job, I will buy a new organ for me. Which I did. But, I still could not forget my very first Yamaha. I really loved it like it's a part of me. Have you experienced anything like this?
@derek_a (10894)
Yes, when I was up North I had a car accident that meant I couldn't work for some time. I was building up my business and I had three houses at the time (all on commercial mortgages, which I used to rent). Because I was ill I had problems working to keep up the payments and then problems with tenants and I had to sell two of them, just to live. I was left with one, but was still in debt. Slowly I recovered physically and financially. At the time I was a musician and owned small Yamaha organ to create music with at home. That was one thing I was determined not to sell and managed to keep it. It's long since gone, but now I have a Yamaha PSR3000 keyboards and a Yamaha A100 organ. I don't play professionally anymore, but enjoy it in the house. I have a video of me on my PSR3000 keyboard on my space if you are interested.. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=15608554
That was very impressive. I will come back to it again and again. Thanks for sharing the video. A big round of applause, Derek.
@derek_a (10894)
Thank you! :-) I might try and do another one day, this time without the mistakes! LOL
@cmsk2005 (1770)
This is great to know that you have kept the promise. I can feel the pain you had seeing your favourite thing going away in front of you even though I did not or I had not to do anything like that ever. Actually i cant may be because I had not to do it or I had not that situation. But I can not think of selling my favourites specially the things wrapped with many beautiful memories, I cant think them give away ever.
Yeah that is true that is why I had been so frustrated then.
@gr8life (6252)
Hello hersmart4ever, I witnessed the same experience too but it wasn't me; it was my brother. He did well in his job and has a good wife and two sons. Unfortunately, I guess he took a wrong step in making a big decision in his life. He sold every single thing that he had before and that really tearing apart the family. I feel pity for him but I could not do more to help him. He is trying hard to get back to life and I know it is not that easy for him. Pity that he lost everything in a split second just because of one wrong decision in life!
That was sad to hear and very frustrating to experience.
@xiuluoelly (1225)
No, never, but I can feel your frustration, many times we have to give up something, and life is the way things sometimes lose the same will be something different, perhaps precisely because of this, we can learn to treasure.
I agree with that. Thanks for your participation.
@djmarion (4900)
well if my phones are considered as precious properties then i too had sold some of them.
I have sold many cellphones too when I want to upgrade but not because I am broke.
Never anything as major as what you went through as a child but years ago when my husband and I had been together for only a few years , we got in a jam and had to sell off all of our music collection . We had a huge collection which had cost us hundreds of dollars and years to gather and sold it all for less then a hundered dollars when we needed money to buy groceries as we were not making enough money to support ourselves . Thankfully as the years have gone by we have got managed to do better and better each year for ourselves and have never had to do anything like this again .
What a great story from up to down to up again.
I once sold a watch that had some small diamonds and a couple even smaller rubies and my stereo because I needed money badly (this does not count stuff I've sold when moving). My husband has sold many things to help get us by, like guitars he owned (he would always manage to find a deal on another one when we weren't hurting), his leather coat, air conditioners, lawn mowers, our second car (more times than I can count)...to heck with it. Everything is replaceable, and sometimes one is left no choice...especially when the necessity concerns one's kids. So far I have been very lucky and have never had to part with anything of sentimental value for money.
Glad that you didnt have to sell anything with sentimental value.
When worse come to worse, what else can we do, rather than begging here and there. That is the best answer for smart reason, unless we have choices. Any problem that we have, if we tell to any third party, 70% will laugh at us and the remaining 29% will ignore and the last portion for 1% is us to get it done and cast-out ourself from that problem. Thats all from me, fine and thank you.
Thank you so much for that, friend.
@cutepenguin (6447)
Not anything so treasured, but I have sold a number of things that I really liked in order to get some money. It's hard to get by sometimes.
It never happened to me.As a student,spending money reasonablely and studied is important to me.Cost of living was the same per month,if you spend lots of money for other things,yeah,I'm sorry you will be hungry.so,life go on as usual,anything look similar with yesterday,have a nice day,my friend,enjoy yourself here.
@lkbooi (16093)
Hi hersmart4ever, even though I don’t have any experience of selling my properties, I believe I still have to sell some of them if were really broke one day. The money by selling the properties could be used as the capital to restart new business so as to turn over a new leaf. By doing this we still have the chance to gain back the properties.
@kuting (885)
i sell my used stuff online. im a single mom and there's always something to needed for my son and my salary is not that much though i we can live with it. what i get from selling used things such as my baby clothes, and things, i consider them as my baby's savings. i also sell my books when i'm really broke. whenever i sell my books i feel really sad coz i already consider them as my collection and its hard to sell them away because i wouldnt really do it and i have no choice but to do coz im broke.
it is sad to lose our treasured items but sometimes you have to part with something or someone before you are ready too...your father survive the accident an he can always get another house and you can get anothe Yamaha..but it always can be worse.. I don't think about all the stuff i lost..as I got a divorce and lost more then one things..but the real loss was the family ..this you can't put a price on..
@Lydia1901 (16353)
Well, so far I never had to sell anything so that I can live. I hope that I wouldn't have to go through that someday. I am so sorry to hear that you have gone through such a thing.
@wiccania (3360)
I've had to sell quite a few things because I needed the money. Sometimes paying the bills and keeping your family fed is more important than material possessions. No matter how much sentimental value they have.
I have never had to sell my possions for money but I can say it will never happen. I have an antique organ that I love, but do not know how to play. I need to buy book to teach me so I can learn how to play it. If I had to I would sell it first. I do have a dinning room table that our gardner wants badly and would buy it from me. If push came to shove and I needed the money I would sell it. It would hurt me to no end to have to sell it but I would if I had to.
@DanaMark (807)
Fortunately I've never been in that situation. The only reason I've ever sold things is because I didn't need them anymore.
@cempires (171)
I have had to do this type of thing many times in my life. It does hurt, but when it is necessart, you have to eat and have a roof over your head. If I had to, I would not hesitate to sell something else, if need be. Possesions are just that, but lives and ones health are all we really have that is ours alone. We must always make that first.
@bluishrose (2290)
I sold alot of my belongings before when i got broke. Mostly jewelries which have meanings that i pawn and never had the chance to get it back.
@Ravenladyj (22919)
I've had to sell numerous things over the yrs because we needed the money...When my youngest (my son with my husband) was in the hospital after being born we had to have a yard sale and sold all my husbands woodworking tools and power tools etc, alot of my personal things and so on because my hub had to take so much time off work etc and we really needed the money... It sucks having to do it but the bottomline for me is, its just stuff....I mean I wont get rid of very personal sentimental things but other than the very few items like that that I have the rest can go should I need for it too..its all replaceable ya know so its not a big deal to me..