Have you ever been promoted

If yes, when was that and how did you feel about it? I asked because I had started a career as a freelance writer just a few days ago and now, the one I am writing for recommended me to write articles too, for an American Magazine. I am so overwhelmed and I somehow believe that he was pleased by my works that is why he recommended me to another client. Hey, dont ask me about the name of the magazine. I do not know. I am into ghost writing and they just pay my works but still, I am so happy about getting more and more projects coming from various sources.
@josan181237 (1205)
wow that is fast! you've just started your freelance writing career and now you've just been promoted? that's good news! they must have been really impressed with your works. i have never been promoted before that's because i don't have a job yet. haha! but i do hope that i would get promoted once i have a job. =)
I hope you could find something on line so you can stay with us.
yes many times but the best promotion was when i was able to retire !Now im my own boss and can do as I please !
HaHa that was also one of the best promotions I got.
@pismeof (855)
That is wonderful news for you to get a promotion.If you take advantage of the offer and do well than that person may even promote you again to someone else .It is just like working the internet;it's viral.One leads to another and to another and to another etc... I have been promoted at various times throughout my career and It has the effect of validating the hard effort that you've put into the work.It is always nice to be recognized for a job"Well Done".
That was very encouraging. I agree that a job well done will have places to go.
@psyche49f (2504)
Congrats and more power to you and your career. I have been promoted twice in the same school I am connected with up to the present. It feels good; the promotion is like a pat on the shoulder, a commendation for a job well done. For me, loyalty and trust are important ingredients for people to be considered as promotion materials. I felt happy, satisfied, elated, proud, and of course, grateful to my superiors who trusted me this much. Let's have a toast to us for doing some great jobs..!
@dbhattji (2506)
We have time bound promotions, after a certain period of time all get promoted so I don't know if it was because of my efficiency or perseverance.
@sherrir101 (3673)
• Malinta, Ohio
Congradulations on the recommendation, Hermie! I was promoted a long time ago, when I was still in college. I was working in a snack bar on campus and was promoted to manager within 4 months. It was very rewarding.
@vitekfdr (651)
That is wonderful news for you to get a promotion.If you take advantage of the offer and do well than that person may even promote you again to someone else .It is just like working the internet;it's viral.One leads to another and to another and to another etc. I have been promoted at various times throughout my career and It has the effect of validating the hard effort that you've put into the work.It is always nice to be recognized for a job.
Yes I have been promoted from the job I use to have. I was a sleep tech and was promoted to become the supervisor of the sleep lab which I worked at. I love it and was very proud of myself. I did the job for five years until I became to sick to do the job or even work. yuck. I wish everyday I was well enough to work again, but alas I am not. I am proud of you. good luck with your writings.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Yes I have a couple of times. I worked at this one place and moved up the ladder to shift manager to assistant manager which was pretty cool. I made the most I ever made before during that time in which I bought my first new car. I do miss that job though but getting married and moving is why I had to quit.
• Kuwait
Well congratulations for your success,,, im glad to know that a lot of people here in mylot is successful in every fields that every one are onto it and enjoying while earning too.. well i have the same experience to be a freelance writer too in a magazine which i really dont expect and they really pay good,, it was last 2006..hmmm that long already since then. and hey if you dont mind to share your source will be my pleasure..
@Lydia1901 (16353)
I guess the only promotion that I remember was at work when I went from a dietary aide to a cook. It thought that was a big step for me and i got paid more no problem.
@xiuluoelly (1225)
I do not like to stay in one company a long time, always frequent replacement work, has never promoted, I liked the Liberal workers, I wish that when a freelance writer, but I do not know how kind can be successful.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
first, congratulations on your new job as a freelance writer and to recommendations you are getting, they must have seen potential i your works, so keep it up! When I was still working in the academic world, i also got promoted and I can say It was such a nice feeling to rose from the ground to the top. I first started the job as a library clerk, then a year over,I was promoted as library assistant, another year and I became assistant librarian..I know I am on my way to becoming the Librarian but God has different plans for me..
@DanaMark (807)
When I was promoted from Associate Manage to Night General Manager, if felt really good. It meant I was earning some trust in the company. It also meant more money because I was eligible to share in the bonus program each month.
@sunshinecup (7873)
Congrats!!! No I can't say have ever been promoted. It was offered to me at one store I worked at, for me to have a manger position, but it paid salary. For those that do not know what the is, it's where you are paid a nice flat rate, say $400.00 every pay check, but they can work you as much as they like, even 60 or 70 hours a week. So I always turned them down. I like working my time and leaving, you know?
I received a promotion last year when in my last job. I told them that I was unsure about the promotion but would give it a try. My concern was that if I was unable to do the job that I would be fired. Those fears proved to be true. Despite my many attempts at requesting help and voicing my concerns regarding my abilities to do the job, no help was offered. I was asked to leave the company. The work I did before taking the position was always well done and I received many commendations for my work. Rather than demote me, they had chose to fire me. Their loss.
@derek_a (10894)
Congratulations. It's really good to hear you are doing so well with your writing. :-)
First of all Congratulations !!! I'm sure that you are capable of doing that and you'll not face any problem in that. It's a great oppertunity and i think you should try this. My best wishes are always with you. Go and grab your share of this world.
awww sweety!! i am soo proud of you!! i know you have been talking about wanting to in other threads and i knew soewmthign would fall your way..i wish i could give ya a great big hug:) And yes i have been promoted when i was working..before i hurt my back,like the week before i was promoted to a manager in a big corporation where i worked..i was so estatic!! i was flying in the clouds..my hard work payed off and soon i was goin to be makin the big money i hoped for..and the job i wanted for such a long time..then a week after my interview i was waiting for my papers from the head man..and that week is when i herniated 3 of my discs in my back and went down..and after many surgeries..i became disabled..and cant ever work again..i never got my promo..and my best friend took over my job..lol..ohh well she deserved it too..but to this day it breaks my heart it happened i loved my job and my friends..but the positive..i get to be a stay at home mom and watch my beautiful son Skylar grow up..:) again Congrats on your new job im so proud of you!!
i've been promoted once, from an executive to a senior executive. i was pretty flattered with my promotion and didn't expect it at all. but being promoted means more responsibility and more pressure too. lol. but i managed to pull it thru and was glad that i was given that opportunity.