MyLot-ters, Michael Vick cards chewed by dogs are for sale on Ebay?

michael vick for sale on ebay? - What will they think of next? People are having their dogs chew on Michael Vick's football cards, and then selling them on Ebay. And there are numerous bidders. In fact, I saw one auction that is already up to almost $500 for the high bid.

What will they think of next?
What will they think of next? People are having their dogs chew on Michael Vick's football cards, and then selling them on Ebay. And there are numerous bidders. In fact, I saw one auction that is already up to almost $500 for the high bid. What will they think of next? Would you bid on this auction? http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-VICK-Card-MAULED-by-my-Dog-LILLI_W0QQitemZ130146055020QQihZ003QQcategoryZ56132QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
@Jlowe110 (313)
It says the moneys being donated though, so thats probably why people are bidding on the auction. All proceeds go to humane society. Ive seen a lot of Michael Vick auctions like this.
@DanaMark (807)
People will take advantage of any situation they can to make a few bucks. I suppose that is good business sense, but I would never buy one.
Auction is now up to $6,400 with 77 bids as of 4:45 EST on Mon, Aug 27, 2007. http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-falcons-michael-vick-CARDS-CHEWED-ON-BY-MY-DOG_W0QQitemZ200145651449QQihZ010QQcategoryZ215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Related article I found on Yahoo! http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-chewedcards&prov=ap&type=lgns
@ivyoon (673)
Wow, that's a strange idea. I'm not surprised to see people bidding on these things though. A few months back there were a series of auctions online for womens smelly dirty slippers. Some of them were going for hundreds of dollars too! The sellers were cleaning them before shipping them out due to Ebay policy, but wow, who would bid on smelly old slippers?!! People were bidding though! I haven't seen one of these auctions lately, but there are definitely some weirdos out there! Thanks for the post, maybe I'll see if I can get my hands on a Vick card and have my Poodle give it a few teeth marks... then again, maybe not. :)
The highest auction related to this topic closed and the final bid was $7400 ! Here is the article : http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-chewedcards&prov=ap&type=lgns
@crazynurse (7484)
I have to wonder if this auction is 'tongue in cheek' and if the money will actually be paid at the end of the auction. If so, it is great that the seller is saying that the money will go to the Humane Society. For me, if I was wanting to donate to the Humane Society, I would just donate locally so that I could be certain that the money was going to the Humane Society! The auction is quite a creative idea, I will have to give the seller that!
@derek_a (10894)
No, I would not bid on this auction - LOL. But I guess it's a case of whatever turns you on!
@makingpots (11916)
I might on one just to have as a conversational item around the house. But no way would I pay even close to $500 bucks. I also heard that the SPCA in Atlanta was accepting donations of his jersey that people have bought and will be using them as liners in the dogs cages. I thought that was great.
I agree that Michael Vick should be punished and put in his time, but on the other hand, I feel strongly that he is the epitome' of society, that he will be made an example, that he is the perfect example of someone going from the highest pedestal to lower than a snake. He is definitely wrong if guilty, but I feel he is also a Vick-tim in a way. You know? That feeling of how no matter how much you do right you never get praised for it, but do one thing (big or small) wrong, and you have the wrath of the world on your shoulders rather than supporting you. So, I'll be one of his supporters!
@suspenseful (40312)
My husband and younger son were talking about Michael Vick and what he had done. They both thought it was very funny. Mind you five hundred dollars is rather high. I am not an eBay member, do not intend to be, but I would not be surprised if someone who loves to throw away money would bid for these cards, and then put them through the shredder.
At least it is going for a good cause if the money is donated to the Humane Society or local animal shelters. And get this, the auction was around $500 when I first saw it, but it closed with a final bid of $7,400 ! http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-falcons-michael-vick-CARDS-CHEWED-ON-BY-MY-DOG_W0QQitemZ200145651449QQihZ010QQcategoryZ215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Related article I found on Yahoo! http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-chewedcards&prov=ap&type=lgns
@brendakaya (2335)
Though that's a good idea, I'd rather see Michael Vick, chewed on and mauled by a whole pack of vicious dogs, and then hung up by his feet and turn some tigers loose on him. lol He's a mighty poor excuse of a human being in my opinion. If I had any of his ball cards, I'd be more apt to use them for tp and flush them. Not much of a role model for our kids, is he? That is, unless we want them to grow up to be scum too. Sorry, the idiot just digusts me.
@fpd1955 (2075)
I see that 100% of the profits are going to The Humane Society, so yes, if I had the money I would bid on an auction such as this one. PEACE
@chertsy (3804)
I saw the picture and it didn't look like the dog chewed on the card. Still though, what the guy said was interesting. What money he makes will go towards the humane society. So if that's true, that's not a bad thing, only for the person that's stuck with a Michael Vick card. Now for the people doing it for the money and getting 500 bucks is smart. I mean to get that 500, there has to be some moron out there that would pay that much for a card. All I need is a Vick card, I already have the dog to chew on it, lol.
@pendragon (3351)
I must say this article made me quite happy, thanks!!
@crazed_moma (1054)
Not being a football fan I get a feeling I'm missing some thing here. :) Personally I'd not bid at all. I'm assuming thoose bidding are doing so because the profits are going to the Humane Society.
@Lydia1901 (16353)
Yeah, I have heard of a lot of funny things being sold at Ebay and some crazy people bid on them all the time. I wouldn't go that crazy and bid on things that are just stupid in my opinion but to each his or her own.
Well, yes, they did find something else. Did you hear recently about the 2 teenagers selling a cornflake that was shaped like the state of Illinois or something silly?
Amazing what people will do. I can't believe they are going for $500 that is a very expensive souveneir. I sure wouldn't bid even a dime for that the entire idea is just sick. Not the cards, but the reason for the cards is pretty sick. Some people are pretty good at capitalizing on opportunities and if they make money so be it.