What Toothpaste Do You Choose?

@irishmist (3819)
With all the brands on the market it's a hard choice. Every brand has many formula's to choose from. Every brand promises amazing results, but do we really see these results? Do we see less cavities or other oral health problems? I myself have been using natural toothpaste from the health food store. In comparison natural toothpaste is less sweet than the major leading brands. I also use a homemade mixture of sea salt,baking soda & peroxide. I like this mixture much better. I don't like the sugery taste in my toothpaste. So what does everyone else use?
@vinzen (1022)
I agree that with so many brands to choose from and with new ones coming up daily, its really a tough decison to decide the best one , that suits you and your family. And when we see the new ones in the market, generally we do in or them, thinking that we should try them out, but somehow i have noticed that what the older toothpastes offered us, the new ones dont. My family and me use the floiuride based one called - Colgate at our end, as its got the correct proportion of fouride which helps fight tooth decay and germs and that is needed for the kids and us too. Earlier we did try out the herbal ones, but did not like its taste so we switch back to this old one. The other new ones coming in the market, have differnt flavours and tastes too but the flouride is not in the right proprtion i think, and each family will have their own preference and choice, for us its alwyas colgate and another brand that we use alternately too.
@irishmist (3819)
Did you not like the herbal one's because they were more or less flavorless? Back before I started doing the natural thing, I used to always use Aim & pepsodent. I really liked pepsodent, except it made my teeth feel like chalk. There seemed to be like this coating on them.
@vinzen (1022)
The problem with the herbal nes were, though they are flavourless, they do not give enough foam, which the kids never liked, as that psychological feeling that lots of foam also means that the teeth ae very clean exists in them still. Yes, other than colgate, we also use pepsodent, i too think its quite nice.
I have sensitive and use whatever brand is on sale. If I don't use the paste for sensitive teeth or miss a day, my teeth start to hurt. So, it isn't really much of an option on what I can do.
@irishmist (3819)
Yes I have sensitive teeth as well. but I have not bought any special toothpaste for it, as it is expensive.
@marciascott (25553)
I like a Toothpaste, that removes stains form you teeth, Colgate is good. I really use all kinds of brands but I prefer Cplgate, I think I will go brush my teeth now.
there are 4 of us in the house from age 12 to age 83 and each of us has a bit different needs from toothpaste. so instead of buying 4 different kinds we have all found that Crest Pro-Health works for everybody. its great, whitens, protects gums, cavity protection, plaque, tartar..it does everything!
@barehugs (8985)
I like green toothpaste as long as its not made in China. Everytime I buy toothpaste I check the label very carefully. If it claims to be made in South Africa I'd call the CFIA. (thats the Canadian Food Inspection Agency)The chinese tried the South African label too, but it didn't catch! WE have to do something about those chinese guys. Everything will soon be made there and we won't have any clothes to wear or any food to eat!