Would you help a blind person to cross the road?

When you see a blind person on the road, do you help him to cross the road by holding his/her hand? I have done it many times and i have seen people who would push those disabled people back and rush due to their busy life. I hate such people. Even if you can not help, you stay away from him for he will be taken care of others. What do you think?
@nonew3 (1941)
There are alternative ways, doing things the "blind way," of most things that sighted people do. And, many blind people have learned these techniques and use them for things like cooking, crossing the street, writing, and even surfing the Internet. I know all this because for a while I had such severe almost-daily migraines that were affecting my vision, and I was on a blind cane for a few months because I never knew when my vision would be adversely affected by the aura of another sudden and profound migraine. (The migraines and headaches are finally completely gone due to going on a completely-organic diet, but it took a long time to finally get the migraines to stop completely.) So, it really depends on whether the blind person really wants or needs help. I know a completely blind woman who functions so well with taking public transportation, attending college classes, writing, surfing the Internet, crossing the street, cooking, cleaning her apartment, etc., it is easy to forget that she is blind. She would politely refuse any offers to help her cross the street. Many blind people can perform tasks just as well as those who are fully sighted. So, if a blind person asks for help, then help. Otherwise, the blind person most likely can cross the street very well by him or her self. And, blind people usually love their independence just like any other person. For more information on blindness, you can look up the National Federation of the Blind in any online search engine. I just forget their URL right this minute.
@nonew3 (1941)
Oh, here is the URL for the National Federation of the Blind: http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Default.asp
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi there. I sure would help a blind or disabled person cross the road... Sometimes though, they can get very upset, and I personally think, its because they dont want to be known as useless or cant do for themselve... Alot of blind and disabled are independant people and can sometimes get annoyed with the help offered to them... Some of them really appreciate and love the kindness...
@tuffy999 (794)
i always try to have a helping hand to those who needs my help or assistance. usually if i see a disabled person or even normal people having a hard time crossing i always ask them first if they need help and if it's ok for me to assist, why do i ask, there are some who gets offended, they don't want to be patronized, just because they are disabled.