Do you like having foreign friends? Why?

I certainly do and I find it something exciting. I am always fascinated with the culture of other countries and I always have this thought that it would be something good because if you would have to come to their country one day, you will have someone to welcome you. I do have many friends who are Indians, Americans, British, Africans, Australians, and many more. I enjoy talking to them and I think conversing with them helps broaden my horizon as a person. What can you say?
@djmarion (4901)
i enjoy having many friends especially with different nationality, foreign friends usually and mre enjoying since you'll learn many things from them. like their culture, ways of life, behavior and a lot more.
I enjoy it too like you and you know what, I have this dream of working part time as a tourist guide.
@roniroxas (10576)
i have some foreign friends. i am a singer and i gained this foreign friends from working out of the philippines. i also have friends who are from the philippines who married a foreigner so that adds up to all the friends i got.
Your job must be very exciting. I too could sing well but I was never given that kind of break that you had.
@roniroxas (10576)
it was not a break, i think it is more of a passion. i started singing in the band when i was 18 years old. it was a choice of mine to koin in the band.
@zabawaus (1732)
I like to have friends from any country it really doesn't matter. Because i believe that the all enmity between countries are just because of politicians. And i believe that politicians need to learn lots from us they need to see that we have no problems between people. Thats why i like to learn and earn people and describe me myself. thanks for this great subject :D
You are welcome. Thanks for the participation.
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
I like having foreign friends too. Mostly, because they live in a quite different place, with different habits. It is interesting to listen to their opinion and thoughts, because our culture are so different. I am also interested in foreign countries, and lives. If I afforded, I would live for a half year in each other countries I aM INTERESTED IN. I think 1week is never enough to get to know the life of a foreign nation in a foreign country.
That is also what I likeabout havng foreign friends.
Yes, i like all of my friends here at mylot. And we are foreigner in the eyes of everyone. Glad to have all my friends.
Thanks for the response, grecy.
@andyvish (901)
Hello my friend. I couldnot take part in discussions for the loast two months because my computer went for a major repair and got back only yesterday. Friends, in every sense are good, whether they are foreign or inland. But foreign friends are good if you want to know and interact with foreign cultures and beleifs.
Hi welcome back. I had been missing that avatar. Thanks for participating.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
i think its great to have a great diversity of friends, as wide as possible. It is a great way to expand the horizons of your discussions and therefore our understanding blessed be
That was indeed something great. Thanks for the comment.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Hhhmm I've never really thought about it that way before (that some of my friends are foreign)...I mean I've had friends from all over the place for many yrs so its just never really crossed my mind...Of course I like all my friends LOL if I didnt they wouldnt be my friends but I've never really thought about their location..I mean I have friends back home (Canada) obviously...numerous friends throughout the U.S, friends in Australia, the islands, Europe and so on....
glad to do that~ first, I can improve my E throuht the chatting, second, we can share our happiness and sadness, so why not? haha!
It was truly something great to have friend from other countries.
Oh,you are so lucky,i am so bad because i have no foreign friends. Once,wo went to finds ways of communicating with foreigners,but i suffered from failure. If you have some methods of talking with foreigners directly,please tell me,thanks!
@madzie09 (279)
i like friends! whether they're foreign or not. i thnk there are a lot of benificiary when we make friends with foreign people. we'll be able to get to know their culture better. making friends with foreign people could actually make us well, globally accepted. isn't that nice, everywhere you go, you have a lot of mates. i also like making friends with them because it improves my matrix in english and conversational skills. it's actually fun!
Those really were the advantages of having foreign friends.
@cici6880 (656)
Of course I like having foreign friends . My best friend will go abroad next month and I envy her because she will meet lots of friends from many countries. Having foreign friends can extend my view about the world and if I go abroad someday I will get some useful information from my friends.
Oh she was lucky enough to be able to meet people outside the country. Good luck to her.
@mykmari_08 (2466)
Yes, I certainly do. I had foreign friends when I was still in elementary. Unfortunately, we lost communication. They were my aunt's boss' children and she took care of them. But if given the opportunity to have some female foreign friends, I would really love to, even if I can't see them daily and be with them. The fact that we could share various interests even in writing alone is a great opportunity. And what you've mentioned is a plus, of course; if ever I could visit them or vice versa. It will also help strengthen one's ties.
It is always fun to meet people with common interest around the world.
I am very much a people person, and I love to meet new people! If we learn about other people's cultures, and all that stuff, then we learn more about ourselves, and so yeah, I am proud to say that no matter who you are, I will be your friend, unless you double-cross me and treat me like i'm not good enough for you, then its war! he he...
Thanks for the. So I guess, I will be adding yu as a fried in here.
@ElicBxn (61051)
I'm with your Hermie. I enjoy discovering different cultures, and discovering how many things we have in common too.
That was very true. I also enjoy those things that you enjoy.
@kaplya (1578)
yes that's what i am also interested in:) it's not for the particular reason that i want to visit those places it's simply i like to know about others,their cultures and to make connections! one really feels superb and no doubt it's so exciting to find out despite our cultural differences and languages we are alike as a human, we share same emotions, have same feelings. one just need to unveil the first layer:) in my school days i had some penfriends in iraq, argentina, cameroon and tajikistan. when i started using internet regularly i first started by making friends with people across the world.i also like to learn languages and teach my languages to people who are interested in it and this way i come to have such good friends in france,russia, america,italy. i think for one's personal growth it's really important to have friend from other cultures and countries. it gives you chance to widen your view about things, your way of looking at world and most important it helps in establishing harmony between us!
This is also something I like about mylot. We get to know foreign friends although not in real life but we could share plenty of things together.
• Saudi Arabia
I do very much love having friends from other cultures, not only is it interesting but it is also a chance for 2 broaden my knowledge and my human experience with others. Even in marriage, sometimes there might be some difficulties when you marry someone whose culture is different but it is also a wonderful experience from which you'll learn a lot and u will also enjoy.
@laurika (4536)
I also have a lot of foreign friends.I like to learn other languages so talking to people from different countries help me not only improve other language, but also learn about their culutral, history, life....Plus there is never enough friends.It s nice to write with somebody and later meet with him.i hope I would be one day able meet with all my virtual friend.That would be really something. I am glad I am not alone and you also like to have friends frtom other countries.I am sure , you enjoy it same like me.Thank god , we have internet now and can be in touch with so many people at once.
@friendship (2085)
Yes, I also like having foriegn friends. It is true that having foreign friends will broaden our horizon.
@edigital (2710)
My thought is similar to you. I also expect foreign friend to know their customs, life style, culture, good and bad news of their country, religious thought, etc. as my mind want to know.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi hersmart4ever! I totally agree with ou. Friendships with other people from different cultures will make us more broad minded and wiser. I think having friends which are from different backgrounds and cultures will surely make us more rounded persons. And the plus factor about that is, it wouldn't be lonely visiting other countires because as you have said earlier, there will be someone who will welcome you when you get to go on a strange land. Take care and have a ncie day.
I agree! I love having foreign friends, knowing their cultures and hopefully visit their countries some day. I think through knowing different people, we build up the tolerance towards differences. We would understand there is a difference in culture, religion, customs etc. It actually broaden our horizons and knowledges and I think we cannot really learn those from books. I have always prefered real life experiences to books *smiles*.
Same here. Why not. If I would have the right chance and budget I would visit my foreign friends especially those who are in California.