I went to the store to get milk...and got anything but...

@Laurla98 (786)
I know I'm not the only one this happens to. I was going to the store to get milk. I walked out with everything else I was supposed to get...except the milk. I hate when I do that.
LOL don't feel bad I do that all the time! The past three times I've been to the store I was suppose to get peanut butter. But guess what we still don't have...
@Laurla98 (786)
lol and unfortunately peanut butter is one of those things that you can live without...so its always forgotten. I do the same thing.
@talisman (1308)
I do that so many times, it's ridiculous! And it usually always happens when you really need that item right away (like for dinner that already cooking). I hate it, too, no worries :)
@Laurla98 (786)
I have the same problem. Usually when I make spaghetti. I think I have sauce and I don't
@James72 (26829)
I have done this many times also! If I have learned one thing for sure though; it is to make sure that I never go shopping when I am hungry! It is amazing the amount of crap you buy that you really don't need when you hit the stores hungry!
@Laurla98 (786)
Thats something we've found here too. When I take my husband with me...its even worse. We eat even a little snack now before we go
@violeta_va (4834)
I do that all the time even write a list and still forget something but the clasic was my husband. When I went overseas and worked all day to organise the living space unpack and all (we have a house there) I gave him a list of thinks to get me from the shops so he went and he came back with drinks (not on the list), ketchup (I had pasta sause on the list), yougurt (I had butter milk), cheese (I had mozzarela), sausages (I had salami). well go figure.
@Laurla98 (786)
I have to be very specific if I send my husband for food. I usually only send him for the simple things. Because he'll try to interpret what spaghetti sauce means. Even worse...he always gets the more expensive and nasty kind. MEN!!~No offense to any men that may not have this problem. lol
Aargh! man i hate it when i do that! i once had a great big chicken dinner recipe planned all out, the entire thing was new to me, even spices id never used before! got everything i needed, all checked off the shopping list too. then i got home and realized i forgot the CHICKEN!! i always make a shopping list as it is, cause i inevitably forgot something like..the milk or something important..NOW i double check the darn list to whats in my basket before i get in line at the checkout too!
@Laurla98 (786)
lol I do that too. Miss something on my list somehow. I made spaghetti one night and forgot the spaghetti sauce. I was already done with the meat and noodles too.
@theprogamer (10539)
Hah! Funny stuff! I've only done that a couple of times. I'm usually able to get what I came for easily when shopping. I always go for what I want and need, then if there's something extra I want to do, I do that. But remember to get what you need first, always do that.
@SViswan (12071)
I'm one of those list people. I make lists for everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). And I keep ticking items off from my list. So usually I don't miss buying the things I need. But sometimes it has happened (yes, when I don't get the time to write a list). But fortunately,my local grocery store has home delivery. I just call them up and the thing that I forgot is at my doorstep.
I did that yesterday afternoon. I went to Walmart Supercenter to get a prescription I had filled. While I was there I thought I'd get a few things to last the rest of the week. I got halfway home before I realized I had forgotten the prescription, the very reason why I went. I plan to pick it up today, and I better write it on my hand so I'll remember. : )