Buying Love

@jillhill (37379)
Has anyone ever tried to buy your love by showering you with gifts? Or do you know someone that does it to try to convince someone that they love them. My sister did that with her kids and I also have a ex boyfriend that bought me all kinds of stuff trying to get me to stay with him. Has it happened to you or do you know some that is this way?
@gradyslady (4055)
My ex used to shower me with gifts and I hated it. His mom said that we weren't meant to be together because he never bought me things after the first two years except on christmas and things like that, and I told him it was because I never wanted anything. If I did he always bought it for me. We were together for over 7 years.
@jillhill (37379)
Kinda sad isn't it? It makes you feel uncomfortable ...like you owe them or something. Thanks for posting.
Yeah i also had an ex boyfriend that tried to buy my love. Things werent working out and he thought that it would make me stay. I have a cousin that did this with her child also. She was going through a divorce and her daughter wanted to live with her dad. Her mom bought her things she would have never bought her before and offered to buy her a horse. And she had wanted one for a long time. I think its wrong for someone to do this.
@jillhill (37379)
That is what my sister did and to this day she is still having to buy things for her kids....too bad they miss out on the best things in life...being loved.