Are you proud of your country

I am a Filipina and my country is Philippines. My country may not be a perfect land but I am always proud of it because there are so many special things about it. it was a beautiful land filled with people with beautiful looks and character. I want to hear how you feel about your country. I might add more about mine as I respond to your comments.
@lilaclady (28236)
Australia - Map of Australia with flag
I live in Australia and I am very proud of my country and I have been in many arguments about the changes they want to make to this beautiful country, I agree with the saying why try and fix what aint broke.....
Australia can be considered as Filipinos second home. Many of my countrymen are already transferring there for greener pasture.
when i was still a child, i have read so much about australia and learned to love the country through those readings. when i reached high school, i had started to wish that i will be able to have a good long visit in this country one day. australia then was known most for the wilderness that abound and all the animals, the flora and the fauna actually, which were so rare in such a way that there are plenty of them which abound only in this country. well, the opportunity never presented in my younger years. i wonder if i will still ever have the opportunity in the upcoming years of my lifetime. however, i no longer look forward to the coming of that day. yes, attitudes and goals change with age, too.
One of my best friends will go to Australia the next year to look for better chance of job.Now she is preparing forIELTS? She thinks she can earn money easier in Australia than in my country,and have cleaner air,peaceful life.I don't know whether I should feel pleased for this thing or feel sad for it.If she come to Australia,we won't see each other for many years.But I also think everyone have the right to fall his dream and seek a better life.I hope she can have a better life in Australia.
@hanreq (1445)
i am a filipina too and i'm from Philippines..khit na medyo magulo,pro masaya nagkkasundo mga tao sa pilipinas sa pagdating sa kalokohan..hehe..kahit maraming problem,i am pround in my country.,and pinoy and pinay are hospitable..i love my country..:D
You said it kabayan (fellow countryman). Aside from being hospitable, we are very talented and hardworking. We may top the list of countries with outstanding comradeship.
@Malyck (3428)
I wouldn't say that I have pride in my country or the fact that I was born here in Australia, as I have more European heritage, but I definitely think it's a beautiful country. We have such diverse wildlife - flora and fauna and in certain areas are rich in culture. Having travelled through most of our states and territories and seen a lot of what Australia has to offer, I certainly find it an amazingly beautiful place, and also one that is relatively safe and opportunity-filled for its population. I'd still like to live and travel abroad =]
You are truly blessed because you have many lands to be proud of.
I am an indian and i am very very proud to be an indian. India is a multy languaged colourful country. It is rich in culture. you would get to see variety of people, variety of food habits, varieties of clothing even then we are all indians. and every indian is proved to be an indian
I know about that very well. I have lots of Indian friends and I would gladly welcome you too if you want to.
@teflon09 (208)
I'm an Indian too... The biggest strength of India is her people.. People living in great amity amid a striking cultural diversity.. They say it is unity in diversity and people are highly patriotic and totally peace loving.. We need it.. "Peace" and tonnes of it for today's world.. what heartens me, however is that, India is destined to be one of the world's economic superpowers in the near future and a huge pool of knowledge workers make it possible.. However, every citizen of every country is equally patriotic and proud of his/her country.. While I'm proud of being an Indian, I completely and equally respect the national pride of a person from an other country.. National pride is the same for all and the world is a big family.. Isn't it? thanks for bringin' up a good discussion..
I am extremely proud to be an American. As a prosperous nation, a lot of other countries like to point out our shortcomings, but every country has those, they just aren't in the spolight like America always is. I don't like to feel defensive all the time, but it is so common place on MyLot to have to go in 'defend' mode with people start talking about the U.S. We were founded on Christian principles, and although we have gone away from a lot of those princicples, there is no where else I'd rather be. I love hearing about the Philippines. People who live there just love to be there, I can tell. They want to help make it a better place. But I don't think anyone could improve on the people, you guys are all friendly and kind.
There is a huge group here in my country which is trying to persuade people to sign as a way to acknowledge the Philippines as USA's SAR. If this is really serious I would love to be a part of America.
@TerryZ (22083)
Hi my friend! yes I can say Im proud of my country. I live in the united states. We too have some beautiful people with great minds. We have election coming up. So it will be interesting to see how that goes.LOL I love living in America.
Not only that, many other nationalities would like to be in the USA. Therefore, you should really be proud.
i have always loved the philippines. i have no other country to love after all. i am proud of having been born in this country. it is a beautiful country with beautiful, loving and caring people. this country can never be perfect as no one among us will ever be able to find a perfect one. yet, if we consider how this country flows with so much talent in the populace, one will feel that the filipino is unbeatable almost everywhere if only it shall be on the capability of the populace in general which we shall be dealing with. the filipinos are also very hardworking people. others may say otherwise, but being a filipino myself, i should know better.
Filipino people are really very talented. Some of us however sold their rights to other nationalities because they fail to get breaks in their own land.
I am an indian and am really proud of being a part of it.India is a place of very rich cultural heritage.And all knows the fact that the Indian culture is spreading to all parts of the world.India,also has great places which are of historical importance.Then there comes a great place The TAJ MAHAL which stands for purity and as a symbol of love.Also India is a place where you find people of different cultures and religions but all under one roof.I am really proud to be an Indian and so the people here.
Oh my I am so fascinated with Taj Mahal. I even write an article about it on my blog and it was definitely one of the reasons why I want to go to India someday.
@nickventere (1423)
• Zambia
I am a Zambian and my country is Zambia. Like yours, hersmart4ever, my country may not be really something to write home about, but I am proud of it. I think my country is special in many ways. The place is cute, richly endowed with fauna and flora, beautiful landscapes, very good and amiable people, no wars, no strife. I think it is a good enough place to live in despite the good measure of poverty that it shares with the rest of the so-called Third World.
Being peaceful, of course you should be proud of your country. There are a lot of rich countries out there but they do not have that kind of atmosphere.
@cici6880 (656)
I am pround of my country.I'm a Chinese and I believe China is a great country.China with a long history and far-reaching culture.Also China has vast territory and abundant resources.There are so many beautiful places in China.I am pround of being a Chinese.
I do have several chinese friends. There are also a lot of Chinese here in the Philippines.
@luluwow (165)
I love in the United States and while I do love a great many things about this country and its people, I can not really say I am proud of it because of our inept government, environmental, health and crime issues. I think that our current government and president has made the U.S. an embarrasing mess.
Anyway, election is approaching. I hope America would be able to choose the appropriate leader.
@luluwow (165)
I hope so too! The United States needs a good leader and government. I believe the coming election will prove to be a major progression for the country. :-)
That was true. Anyway the USA is regarded as an imporatnt country so good luck to my American friends.
@wolfie34 (26791)
I live in the UK and I am NOT proud of my country, in fact I am ashamed to live here. In the UK we punish the innocent and reward the guilty, we have a horrific justice system, we have overpopulation, a lying, scheming government who prey on the good people and this country is getting worse. Our crime rate is appalling, we are too soft on criminals and if you get punished for being a good citizen. If I had the money I would move tomorrow out of this country which has dropped the 'Great' out of Britain. Thanks for the rant opportunity LOL!
Thanks also for ranting. LOL. Brace yourself. Maybe some British would give a feedback.
@wolfie34 (26791)
I would welcome it, good and bad, if anyone can prove I'm wrong please let me hear it!
@redfang (969)
hey there wolfie i'm right with you there dude, i to live in the uk and everything you said rings totally true, this country used to be the centre of europe, it used to be " great " and being british used to stand for something now being british means we have NO freedom we have to pay extortionate taxes so that the government can hand out £3000 a time to imigrants so they can go back to their country and spend it on making their own business, we have a welfare system which allows imigrants to claim child beniit and tax credits for children who are not living in this country hell they may not even exist, we have a healthcare system which puts priority on people who do NOT speak english i.e. if you walk into a hospital and can not speak english you are taken to the front of the cue and given a translator then treated before ayone else, we have a government and a priminister who have no backbone and are on the verge of selling the country down the river to the EU without giving us say on the matter ( dictatorship at it's best ), we have jails which are full to bursting point because this government saw it fit to try and nanny the country and our kids but the criminals are sorting the problem by running away from open prisons so we have murderers and rapists roaming the streets, we have teenagers and kids who do not give a damn about anyone or anything because they now have more rights and powers than the parents, teachers and the autorities god the list just goes on and on. So am i proud to be british HELL YES but am i proud of this country and what it has become HELL NO.
Pakistan - Proud to be Pakistani
Ofcourse I proud to be Pakistanl and WIll always. It is my sweet homeland. Everybody should proud of their Homeland.
That is correct. I agree with what you said.
I don't know how many Filipinos there are but we had a Governor Cayetano, and the Filipinos make up 25% of Hawaii. They represent the most people immigranting to Hawaii, ever year, some times on the Bus, I feel left out because I don't speak Ilocano, or Tagalog. On Lanai, one of the Island Filipinos represent 90%, they even have books for the children in Filipino, and English. Some many of my relatives are Filipino, they work so hard, and work all over the world, in the Middle-east,all over, I heard my friend say when God was making Man, he put the ingredent in the oven, and took it out, and said too white, God put it back in and said oh too black, then the third time he put it and took it out and said ah Filipino, in fact Filipino means God's chosen.
I am ashamed to live here. In the UK we punish the innocent and reward the guilty, we have a horrific justice system, we have overpopulation, a lying, scheming government who prey on the good people and this country is getting worse. Our crime rate is appalling, we are too soft on criminals and if you get punished for being a good citizen
@derek_a (10897)
I can say I love my country because it was where I was born and it is what I know. I suppose like all other Brits, I tend to moan about the way things are going from time to time. High taxes, the poor weather, terrorism threats and so on. But I think a country is much more than this and it is what each individual creates in his/her locality.
And I am proud to get this response from you. I don't see you around much anymore.
@derek_a (10897)
Thank you :-) I am still around, but with the summer vacation period over, I am having less time on the computer..
@tuhpaul (475)
Ofcourse, I am who isn't?-unless the person is an anti-national-I am an Indian-a united country amids diversity-meaning there are many religions, culture and languages and a rich heritage and one of the greatest democratic country in the world-I am proud to be an Indian christian.
I am very much fascinated with India's Culture. I even had a special frind who is an Indian who taught most of the Hindi I know.
@tuhpaul (475)
Nice to know this-God bless you-my friend.
@nannacroc (4049)
I'm proud of the beautiful scenery and I used to be proud of the freedom of speech that we had. Unfortuneately successive governments have been slowly taking away our freedom and allowing others to make decisions regarding our country. I'm certainly not proud of the way we followed the USA into an unnecessary war, against the wishes of the majority of people. There is very little to be proud of at the minute.
Anyway, USA is still a great land. That is how I see it. No wonder many people still want to migrate there.
@nannacroc (4049)
I don't live in the USA, I live in England, which is just a small island really.
@Arshian (478)
• Pakistan
i am PAKISTANI and i am really proud of it my country is subjected in the names of the poor countries but she has lot of things which even the richest countriess don'nt have
That is true. Pakistan has a lot of things that its people should be proud of.
@Arshian (478)
• Pakistan
hmm thankss .....!!!
@salam1 (1474)
I live in New Zealand. This is not my home country but proud of New Zealand because it is a peaceful and beautiful country. This country made many smart decisions including avoiding from involve actively in wars and active in preserving environment. People here are generally nice, wish a bright future for NZ!
i have also heard many good things about New Zealand. I have two friends who are already residing there.
@smoke_gun (1243)
my country,malaysia can't be considered as one of the best country of the world but the status is still better than some of the south east asia countries such like philippines,indonesia,thailand and burma.One thing our goverment should improve and doing better in anti corruption.malaysia in serious corruption status for a long time,i hope our goverment may settle this problem as soon as possible!
Anyway, Malaysia's economy is bound to become better in the coming days.
I am an Indian and my name is jennifer, jen for short.. i have not been to phillipines but have many filipina friends.. and bcos yr a filipino i shall say Kamustaka Kabayan.. Well as for my country there is no doubt that i am proud of it and love it for what it is because it gives me my identity without that i'd be nothing.. Secoundly we are people of great tradition and amazing quality one of which is food and then comes clothing and languages.. There are more reasons for me to love my country but most of all is when there is a neighbour or even a stranger in need or pain we never ignore them and are absolutely helpful not only to our own countrymen but other nationalities as well..We love making friends and love fighting amongst eachother(brings fun into the bland lifestyle)....smiles.. Well just hoping that my slightly longer version doesn't annoy you.. Have a Smashing day hersmart***
Wow you know our language. Namaste. Main acchi hoon.