What do I do

My husband is supposed to be coming home on emergency leave due to me having a major surgery. The red cross sent out a message saying he needed to be home a week prior and a minimum of 4 weeks after my surgery, but the Army is telling him he only has 15 days. Aren't they supposed to go by what the red cross says. is there any way to get him to be able to stay longer than that? i have a 17 month old that i will not be able to pick up or anything for at least four weeks. help someone!
actually i believe that they listen and give leave that the Red Cross asks for as a COURTESY. as far as i know they dont HAVE to do anything the Red Cross says...he is a soldier and therefore Government Property. perhaps you could talk to someone with the Red Cross again and tell them about the 15 days and explain that you have a very young child with no one else to help care for while you are recuperating..and see if they have another idea or channel to go thru. or perhaps another Army wife that might have had a similiar situation?
Yeah, I know about the whole Goverment property thing. It just seems to me that since they are supposedly so "family oriented" that in a case like this they would allow him to stay home to helpe with our daughter. I am just so frustrated about the whole thing right now i think. I will try and talk to the REd Cross again and see if there is anything that they can do or who they might be able to go through. thanks for the advice.
@applsofgld (2506)
I'm sorry you had to have major surgery, I got this post late so I am assuming this is behind you now. I don't think the military cares enough whether or not you have help around the house with you having surgery, at least that's the impression I got after being raised in the military. They will only allow him a certain amount of time period. I have a dear friend who is stationed in San Diego, her hubby is in the Marines, she had major brain surgery and they made him go to a school for training just a short time after her surgery, when she was still having to get around in a walker and no family close by to take care of her. So I think they probably won't help much. But I would love to be proven wrong. Hope the surgery went well and all is better by now.