Dinner tonight

I preset my oven to bake a ham for this evening's dinner. I will slice it up and serve it will mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and green beans. I might even cook some rolls to go with it as well. What are your plans for dinner or even lunch tomorrow. Do you plan ahead, or open the freezer and take out what ever is in front? Do you have an oven that will set your timers so it will be cooked and ready to eat when you get home from work~ and still be hot?
@ElicBxn (61063)
The roomie preped chicken for me to put in the oven when I go to get her (that's about an hour job, picking her up.) We haven't decided what to have with it, maybe green beans & mashed potatos. I love baked chicken.
I do too. I love to sprinkle it with different seasoning salts, and then spray it with butter flavored cooking spray. This gives it a nice crunchy taste, without the excess fat of the skin. Then you bake it wrapped in aluminum foil to seal in the juices and keep it from drying out.
Well, that is almost the same dinner that I had last Thursday for my moms birthday dinner...but I made scalloped tatas instead and green bean cassarole and home made rolls and homemade peach pie....but tonight I'm having pork chops and broccli and stuffing....
You'll have to tell me how you make your stuffing. I love to get a pork loin and slit it down the middle and fill it with stuffing before I bake it. Then it's like a pork roll with the good stuff all baked into the center. It looks pretty to serve if you have company and it tastes delicious.