GREENPEACE saves the RAINFOREST!

The problem is, though, someone needs to save GREENPEACE. 8 members of GREENPIECE went to Brazil out of the goodness of their warm kind hearts to help save the rainforest. The ungratful people living there who need jobs in the lumber and agricultural sectors have surrounded them in a building in such a threatening manner that GREENPIECE needs someone to come rescue them. Read about it here. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071017/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_greenpeace What do you suppose is wrong with these Brazilians who do not understand that decent American liberals from thousands of miles away know inherently what's best for them? Do these Brazilians really think they understand their own lives and problems better than GREENPIECE?
@Destiny007 (5820)
Oh my... it appears the natives are restless. I was wondering when something like this was going to happen. You cannot dictate how people are going to live anywhere, not even in the US, and not even in Brazil. The question now remains whether or not these nosy busybody interlopers are going to be allowed to leave, or is their going to be a big barbecue in their honor? Greenpeace needs to learn that minding their own business is the wisest course anyone can take, otherwise they well begin to be known as Bloodypiece. I am rooting for the Brazilians on this one.
IMHO, the Brazilians have already won.
@lilaclady (28238)
it is sad how the value of the mighty dollar seems more important to some people than the things that are important to the world and if thos people used their brains they could probably live a much better life with maybe even more money by turning their areas in tourist places and keep these beautiful places as well...Greenpeace do some wonderful things I hope they are ok...
I hope the GreenPeace volunteers are okay, too. However, I do not believe they know better than the locals how best to manage their natural resources. It is surely arrogance to travel thousands of miles to a place and tell the people there you know better than they how to live their lives when they have not asked for any advice.
@babykay (2133)
if I understand this situation correctly...it is not Greenpeace highhandedly knowing what's best for the people of this particular area of Brazil...its the loggers who are outsiders in the area coming in and exploiting the resources of these places! Just my take