I did a really bad thing or a good thing!

@mamasan34 (6521)
My friend had a bunch of kittens and she had one left and couldn't get rid of the poor thing. I kept saying no and no and no over the last few days. I went to her house this morning for coffee and there she was that little kitten again, just playing around and just looking too cute. Ugh! I picked her up and we were talking about finding her a good home and I decided why not me? I know I have an allergy to cats, but I am on zyrtec and I am doing pretty good. I haven't had an sneezing fits since I have been around her cats. So, here I am with a little black and white kitten. I keep telling myself it's for my daughter but I know it's more for me. Who am I fooling? I miss having a companion in the house. Oh, my husband hates cats, but he will just have to deal with it now hahaha! I am including a picture of little Cookie!
@suspenseful (40316)
I do not know what to say. I am a dog person myself, but I also like cats, but more like mousers, not the oh so cut kitty types. You'll have to make sure little kitty does not scratch the furniture. So as soon as you can,go get a scratching post especially with your husband not that fond of cats.
@mamasan34 (6521)
Surprisingly I have always been a dog person, not much on the cats. I have always thought they were beautiful but never really cared to have one. Something about this kitten that just took me over! I found myself saying, I can take her and here we are! My daughter is very happy though. My husband wants to declaw because she is going to be a house cat and get her fixed for sure. So, we are going to take care of that as soon as we can. Thanks for the response!
@cblackink (969)
How could you not love that sweet little face? Take good care of her, OK?
@mamasan34 (6521)
Oh I plan to take good care of her. She is a little doll isn't she! We are very happy to have her. She was an unexpected surprise for us! Thanks for responding.
@TerryZ (22083)
Awwwww I used to have a cat that looked just like your little Cookie! She was a great cat too. Im so glad you took her. I guess its a she. I wish you the very best with your new little bundle.LOL Oh you did a good thing!
@mamasan34 (6521)
Definitely a she and she is just a doll! I think I did a good thing too! LOL, Thanks for responding, my daughter is just thrilled to bits to have her here.
@ellie26 (4128)
Lucky for Cookie to have you as her mummy. My whole family like cats especially kittens. My elder and youngest sons are allergy to cat but that wont keep them from playing with our cats at home.
@mamasan34 (6521)
I know! Kids just love kittens. They are so very cute and cuddly. My daughter I believe has kind of outgrown her allergy to cats. She hasn't had a bad reaction at all staying at friends houses who own cats like she used to. I am on zyrtec so I think thats good for me. Thanks for responding! I am very lucky to have found little Cookie!
@moxalot (100)
I think you did a great thing.... You gave the kitten a good home, which is wonderful... I have 2 cats at the moment. Their names are Josie and Spec. I am allergic to them, but I just deal. I also got some wipes that help cut down on the dander (which is the allergen). They didn't like it at first, although it's better than a bath. Spec has had to have 2 baths in his 7 years. Both were when he was a kitten. One of the first few days he came to live with me, he jumped in the toilet (while it was flushing, grabbed him just in time...). Bath number 1. The other bath was my fault... I put the advantage too far down on his back (with cats you need to put it right on the bump of their head). I had a drunk kitty on my hands, so when I finally caught him I had to give him bath number 2... Poor thing.... Anyway, give those a try... My mom didn't like our cats Moxie and Sprite. She actually told us not to bring any beepin' cats home. We adopted them from the gas-dock lady in Maine many years ago... A few years later she finally started to warm up to them... We'd catch her patting Moxie saying. there's a nice kitty... Mind you see never remembered which one was which. Not even after Moxie passed away. Sprite passed away last summer at age 20... Enjoy your new furry kid... Sorry so long...
@mamasan34 (6521)
Thanks for the loving words! My mother said the same thing when I told her about me getting a kitten for my daughter and she said oh, I hate cats! Don't bring her home, they are my worst enemy hahaha! Wow, she's a mess I tell ya. Anyhow, I will definitely give those two tips a shot. Making sure they don't fall in the toilet and not making the cat drunk on Advantage gotcha! LOL, Well, I certainly hope my mom warms up to the kitty. I am really enjoying her and we have become fast friends. Thanks for responding!
@angemac23 (2005)
You did a good thing! I can tell the kitty will be loved. You will come to realize that cats really do make make good pets and they are very easy to look after because they are so independent. Your husband will also grow to love her when he sees what a good companion she makes!
@mamasan34 (6521)
I am learning this quite quickly! I just told my husband on the phone that we have a little addition to the family and he was like "WHAT!!!! A CAT!!!" then I told him that she was very good, she is already using her litter box and eating well and she is so cute! He said "whatever makes you happy" and left it at that. My daughter came home and she instantly fell in love. It was nice to see a big smile on her face, I haven't seen her that happy since before our Miko passed on. Thanks for responding!
Gorgeous little kitten. Did you know that most cat allergies aren't because of their hair, it is because of their saliva. Also, your immunity will grow by having the cat around. Hope it all works out for you. Wonder who will end up sleeping on your bed. Hubby, or the cat? lol.
@mamasan34 (6521)
Well, right now the cat has a better chance because he is in Iraq hahahah! But I am sure we will find a happy solution for all. I think my husband will grow to love Cookie just as we do when he comes home and spends time with her. Thanks for the information on the cat allergies and thanks for responding!
by the time he gets back, the cat will be part of the family and there will be nothing he can do! lol. As for the allergy stuff, not many people actually know the cause of the allergy so stay away from cats like they are the plague. I only know 'cos when I was pregnant with our first, had a rash from our cats and my dr told me why. It went a way pretty quickly and had no problems since. Dogs, on the other hand, I still have some problems with.LOL. All the best and don't let the little bundle rule the house. LOL.
@mamasan34 (6521)
So far so good but she is doing well. Using the litter box and having a good time! She has found her favorite spot on the couch and is now finding her hiding places. She doesn't stray too far from me though, I think she's still trying to get her bearings hahaha! Yeah, I sent a couple of pictures to my husband and I haven't heard from him yet, but I am sure he will grow to love her as much as my daughter and I do now!
@twoey68 (13651)
I felt the same way when we got our Morgana. My Niece brought her over and she wanted me to keep her. I wasn't sure that I really wanted a cat and I already had my dog, Petey, but I took her in anyways. Morgi and Petey became friends and all was well and then about 2 months later Petey passed away. I took it really hard but having Morgi there to comfort me helped me tremendously. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@mamasan34 (6521)
After my Miko passed away, I didn't think I was ready for a pet. But my friend had took her in and already had a couple of cats and a dog herself and she put the guilt trip on me and I took her home with me. I am so glad I did. She is a lot of laughs and great company while my husband is gone. However, last night she wasn't such great company when she decided she wanted to play at 3 this morning on the bed.
@twoey68 (13651)
They are great, aren't they? I love our Morgi. She is so fun to play with and watch and at night, she curls up on my legs and that is where she stays. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@mouse27 (1155)
my moms allergic to cats too and she has 2 cats and they sleep right on top of her i odn't think my mom will ever livev without cats
@mamasan34 (6521)
I have never been a cat owner. This is the first cat I have kept long term. I have helped find homes and babysat for friends, but never actually owned one! I am loving it though! She is just a doll and such a personality. Thanks for your response.
@Stiletto (4584)
Well Cookie is just gorgeous! And you did a good thing because you gave the little sweetie a good home. Cats are great pets, I've always had at least one cat as a pet. Your husband will get used to it lol! This is of course why I stay away from anyone whose cat has had kittens - I would end up taking them too!
@mamasan34 (6521)
I will have to take your advice hahaha! I am a sucker for puppies and kittens. I am glad that we could give Miss Cookie a good home. She is just a little doll. Thanks for responding!
@twowizdom (861)
well I think you did the right thing since you're keeping the cat because you love it so theres nothing bad about what you've done
@mamasan34 (6521)
Oh I know I did a good thing! She has just brought a lot of joy into our lives the short time she has been here and the house isn't quiet anymore! Thanks for the response.
@cwilson26 (2736)
Oh the kitty is so cute! I have 8 cats, 4 of them are kittens but they are a little wild since they were born under our trailer. I also have 6 dogs and 2 rabbits. I love animals and most of the ones I took in were rescued from someone who was going to either hurt them, drop them off on a dirt road, or take them to the dog pound. I am a sucker for animals and can't help but take them in. Unfortunately I have too many and can't take in anymore but I take good care of the ones I have now. Take care of your little kitten, she's adorable! :)
@mamasan34 (6521)
that is fantastic that you have been able to take in so many rescue animals and care for them so well. I understand about not being able to take anymore in. At least you know your limits! I am a big sucker too and I try to save the strays here, but most of the time I end up having to give them up to the animal control on post because I can't find their owners or they were just dropped off and I don't ahve the room here for them all. Thanks for the response and the compliments on our new little bundle of joy!
@Modestah (11192)
oh does this come as a surprise after the dog fiasco! I can imagine your husband was a bit beside himself when you initially told him. Cats can be just as troublesome as dogs... shedding hair and jumping on to everything... If I could just get our 2 to stop jumping up on counters and tables I would be much happier with them. their bonus is the fact that they will use a litter box.