Prayers that Gabe comes home safe and sound...

@foxyfire33 (10009)
This is a local story, some of you close to me may have seen it on the channel 16 news...except they only gave one side of it of course. Gabe is missing. He hasn't been seen in a couple days. He's a young teenager 13-14 I think. His dad has been doing the best he could to raise 5 children on his own mostly but something must have snapped in Gabe. He's been in trouble once before also but this time he went on a vandalizing spree and is now missing. We live near state game lands and a lot of other wooded places so he has plenty of places to hide. Even though he's in a lot of trouble, everyone just wants him to come home. The side I wanted to share was that this boy is not the kind of kid you'd expect this from. He rode the bus with my kids a few years ago. My oldest was friends with him. He and his brothers were always polite, well mannered boys. I know kids change once they get to be teenagers but I still wanted to share the other side of Gabe. He really was a good kid and I pray he comes home soon.
Wow. I just read your story including all of the comments. I feel for that little boy. My father unit was Chief of Police and I can tell you first hand that it's not easy living under the same roof with a cop. I'm sure not all cops are like my father unit was but, I can see how a child living with someone like that could be driven to do things to get noticed. I never did anything bad in my life but, my brothers did. They stole cars and ran them into ditches for fun and stuff like that and all they got was a slap on the wrist and the job of washing fire trucks for the weekend. From law enforcement that is, my father unit's punishment was much greater. I for one will be praying for this boy, no matter what he has done.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I worry about him also...he seems so lost. I'm sure being one of 5 boys and not having his mom around didn't help him any either.bHopefully this was a big wake up call to everyone that was involved. Thanks for sharing your side of it!
I hope that what he has done will maybe convince a male figure in his life that could give a positive influence to him step up and take on the challenge. I know my brother did that with three teens that lived around him and he made a huge difference in their life.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
See I knew you had a BR around hee somewhere! :)
@3lilangels (4639)
wow that is so sad to hear that,i will pray that he does come home soon and that he will be ok.my heart goes out to his family and i will pray.pattie
@foxyfire33 (10009)
They did catch him...I updated in response 5 I think. But it took him stealing someone else's vehicle and wreking it before they could catch him! A little extra info I've found out since...they (him and his brothers) weren't necessarily the good kids I'd thought they were. Their dad was a retired police officer from a prominent enough location that when the boys did get in trouble they were basically given a slap on the wrist and everything was covered up to protect the dad's reputation.
@jolenegreen (1209)
Awh. Sad. I hope they find him? Whats the update to this?
@maddysmommy (16233)
I hope that you are able to find him - its getting colder and the nights are getting longer. I hope he decides to go home soon even after all that he has done. He sounds very lost.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I hope they find him soon too. Supposedly he was armed the last time he was seen but that could be a rumor...I'm just worried that he may have hurt himself or worse since this much time has passed.
@tinamwhite (3255)
I hope that he decides to come home too...how sad to feel that running is the only choice a person has and his youth is working against him..I am sure that he and his father could work things out if he would come home... He will be in my prayers, as well as, the rest of his family...
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Thanks Tina! They had his dad on the news last night and he kept saying (in case Gabe was watching) "just come home or call, we can fix this, it's not the end of the road, I love you, just come home..." It was so hard to watch... I still remember watching them all get off the bus one winter. Their driveway is really steep and was slippery that day. The 3 older boys put the two little ones in the sled and hauled them up the hill to the house instead of having them try to walk through the snow and ice. It was just such a sweet moment to watch thse five boys ating that way toward each other.