Paying off your credit report.

I paid off all my credit cards last march. In january I'll be paing off 2 more bills. I found out it is best to payoff a single bill in 3 payments. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your credit score higher?
30 days after your stuff is paid up, get a copy of your credit report online. There is a place where you can put in comments or inquiries, say that you paid it off and you want it removed. It will say that you paid it off but it will still be there. MOST companies won't contest your request and it will be removed after 30 days.
@rherdey (966)
Recently I have talk to my bank about this and they told me that it should come up right away..Depending on the credit report office they could take months to do this. One thing I was told is write to them and ask them to redo your score that you need to see the credit score higher..