My sisters dog ate 3 blocks of rat poison

United States
October 26, 2007 12:11pm CST
I did not know what to tell her when she called. It was late last night when scrappy ate the rat poison. My sister is infested with these mice. She can't get away from them. Now her dog must be feeling sick. I am sure they went to the vet this morning. She loves scrappy with her life. What is a person to do when this happens?
3 people like this
2 responses
@kara5287 (299)
• United States
26 Oct 07
all you can do is take them to a vet. but maybe take some precautions like...keep the poison were the dog can't get it even though i know that is difficult. or let the dog stay with a relative for a couple days to see if you can get rid of the mice. i don't know. but good luck to you,your sister,and the poor little dog. if you would, could you please let me know how little scrappy makes out. :)
2 people like this
• United States
26 Oct 07
Scrappy is going to the vet today. My sister is looking at dog insurance as well. He vomited up the stuff last night. Scrappy is all over the place eating what ever she can. This was truly not placed under the bed. Scrappy got a hold of the bag and took it to eat in her favorite place. Thanks
1 person likes this
• United States
26 Oct 07
Poor pup. I hope the vet can svae her life. Poison is no good. She should put the poison in a better place so the dog cant reach it. Like in a locked cupboard. I will say a prayer for scrappys health!