If you are to write a book, would you put your picture on the cover?

By joy
@MGjhaud (21842)
Would you be that proud of having that book and let people recognize you?
@patgalca (15314)
• Orangeville, Ontario
If I could get a nice enough picture of me I would have my picture on the back cover, or inside back flap of the book. Even though I have lost quite a bit of weight I still tend to show a double-chin, and my nose isn't so great. The picture would have to be of my liking. But I would most definitely want it because I would want people from my entire life (who knew me by 3 different last names) to recognize me.
@MGjhaud (21842)
I’ll make sure I have ten different pose to choose hehe…
@luzamper (1360)
If it's an autobiography, I would certainly place my picture on the front cover for people to see me of course, right away. But if not concerning me and my life, then I would not but I would place something about the subject matter of the book or just a beautiful scenery in relation to the subject matter of the book.
@MGjhaud (21842)
Make sense but for me it would be better to have a picture of me whatever book it is. :)
It would depend on the kind of book I write. I plan to write a book on time...and to have my picture on the cover of such a book would look odd. So I would not have my picture for this book, if ever I could really pen, but for other kind of books may be I would want it...lol
@MGjhaud (21842)
Why odd..? At least you put your photo like 2X2 size hehe…
Do you mean if I wrote an autobiography or just another kind of book? If it was an autobiography (which I would never write ;P) I would put my picture on the cover, sure hehe. But if it is just some fiction book I write than, no, my picture would not be on the cover. It would probably be in the About the Author page at the back of the book! :)
@MGjhaud (21842)
If it’s autobiography yes of course I would really put my pic on it. and putting my picture on a fiction would be okay too.
@ailema4ever (2675)
• Finland
Yes, definitely. I want them to be able to see me so that they can feel "closer" to the author. :-))) Besides, I've always been curious about authors' pics whenever I read their books. :-))) It's nicer to have a pic to link to whenever I read somebody's book. :-D
@MGjhaud (21842)
Some authors look like how they write the book, from the way they pose or something…
@ritchel (890)
Yes, i would really be proud. I want my beautiful face to be at the back of the cover. Hheheheh
@MGjhaud (21842)
I also think that showing your picture at the cover ill something that you feel like being proud of what you’ve done.
On the back cover yesa, the front cover no . . . that would be the drawing i did for the book, or a character of the book, or a scene, or a symbol, some type of artistic expression would go into the front cover 'design'. On the back, a small thumbnail pic of me and a very brief bio of myself, perhaps a contact link. Your work is you, let it capture your audience rather than just your pretty faces! sharing the light, Miss Erica Hidvegi, the Enlightenment Advisor,B.A. Psych (spclztn in Child Dvlpt & Abnrml), M.A. Transpersonal Psych Studies- Cnslng/ Author, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur & Freelance extraordinaire
@MGjhaud (21842)
that's what mean too. including your face on the back cover would really be exciting.
Yes, i will definitely put my face on the back cover. I want to see people buying my books because they are interested in the title and story and they will find a good time reading it that will lead them to find the face of the writer and then they will recognized me.
@MGjhaud (21842)
it would feel nice if you see someone carrying your book with your face on it.
@darkaeon (466)
• Portugal
i think that i wouldnt do that because i could be discriminated by other people that might recognise me and i would be very embarassed
@MGjhaud (21842)
hehe… good reasoning.
@blueunicorn (2409)
If I were to write a book I would have my picture on the inside flap with information about the author. Writing a book and getting it published is hard work. The author definately deserves for people to recognize him or her. I write articles for Helium.com and there was recently a discussion about authors not having their pictures in their profiles. I was surprised at the number of people who really wanted to see the picture of who had written each of the articles. So, even in a smaller aspect people are curious.
@MGjhaud (21842)
I’ll try to visit that helium.com of yours. ;)