Homeless Vets

I saw a disturbing news report yesterday. One in four vets from the Iraq war time are homeless.Many cannot keep a job and have PTSD as well as other problems. Many have commited suicide. It seems that for what ever the reason many of our valiant military veterans are being thrown away. This is sad. Right?
@armywifey (883)
It is really sad that these vets aren't being more taken care of after they come home. If for some reason they are hurt or can't stay active then they are useless to the military and dont't get the support that they deserve for fighting for our country. As a military wife it makes me sad, as a citizen of this county it makes it worse.
Yes it does. We should do better. I heard this morning that some military were not getting the enlistment bonuses they were promised either because of things like, they could not serve their entire tour because they were injured. Excuse me, they voluteered to get shot at, the least the government could do is to give them their bonus! Thanks for responding.
@FireHorse (294)
This is very sad and a shame the US government doesn't take more steps to prevent these problems. I guess uncle sam wants them to sign up again and go fight some more until they get killed.
It is sad. It took almost 10 years for the VietNam vets to have this happen, But I hope that the Va,etc will seriously do what they are now by seeing the vets at discharge and then 6 months later because problems develope months after the vets come home and leave the service. We owe them the best. Thanks for yur input.