I was scammed !

@LittleMel (14036)
No money involved but the scammer did try. I was selling some products online and the scammer kept telling me he has sent money order to pay. I didn't react because I have received no money order although the address I gave him was correct. It's been more than two weeks and I became suspicious. I asked a couple of sellers I networked with and they said the email was a scam email, it's from the same provider as other scam emails are. I'm going to report it to the email provider, so glad to know all I lost was time, not money at all.
I would never send anything I was selling till the money arrived..and if it was a check..till the check cleared..I am sorry to hear you were scammed, you are such a nice person..What were you selling?
@LittleMel (14036)
I was selling some invitation online. I told him I wouldn't do anything for him until his money order arrives and cleared. he kept telling me I supposed to get it by now and insisted I checked my mailbox. so I became suspicious
Isn't it something how we get a sense when something isn't just right..I always get that inside me when something isn't quite right..whether its an opportunity or even a person..They say you have to "go with your gut"
@LittleMel (14036)
that's true. I don't know I didn't follow my gut in the beginning, thank God I didn't fall
• United Arab Emirates
credit card people being unprofessional - credit card people being unprofessional, credit card late fees
Glad to know that you did not lose any money. It is nowadays very difficult to do anything online. There are lot of scams out there. One need to be really very careful while joining a site or when selling products. Be alert. Regards
@LittleMel (14036)
I will stay alert
I'm glad you found out! Some people wouldn't look into it, but I'm glad you did. Hopefully reporting it to the e-mail provider will result in the loss of the scammer having the means to attempt to cheat people. At least for now.
@LittleMel (14036)
I don't know why would people do that. can't they earn money the way honest people do? scamming I'm sure is not an easy thing to do, not to mention when they get caught. it's easier to just work daily like everybody else
You're right. They think they are taking the easy route, when they are just making it much harder on themselves. Like I used to hear in church, beware your sins will find you out. I was glad to read your update.
@yghfghl (260)
wow that was a close one there.. good job... i was scammed once but i didn't lose anything also accpet time.. i just reported the email with proof that he or she was about to scam me...
@LittleMel (14036)
I didn't report him until the bank gives me proof that his check is a fraud. Reporting the email alone is not enough. the time I lost I could've spent on making more money so it's still a loss
@secretbear (19463)
that's why its really hard to trust when it comes to internet/online shopping and selling. you're lucky you found that out. those scammers are really pathetic. people should always be careful. careless people who are easily swayed are somewhat the reasons why scammers still proliferate in the world.
@LittleMel (14036)
I guess in my case it's easier to find out since the banks are vigilant themselves. but I think when it comes to auction site like Ebay it's best to deal with those you have dealt with before
Wow! It's a good thing that you didn't send any items to that person! I had the same thing happen to me a while back. Someone e-mailed me saying that they wanted to order such and such an item from one of my websites. He said that he lived out of country and the site wouldn't allow him to place the order and asked if he could send the money directly to me (via money order or something similar). I asked around because it seemed a little funny to me and found out that this guy did this to a bunch of people from various companies!!! How dare he try to scam hard-working mommies like that! Some people have no shame! I am so glad that you didn't fall victim and were on your toes!
@LittleMel (14036)
that's why it's lucky we know people who can help us find out things like these. what strikes me is that there is a lot of money involved and yet very little time, so most people won't risk that when it comes to a party
@wisedragon (2330)
I have heard several similar stories already about buying or selling online. That's why I'm reluctant to do it. Good thing you were vigilant.
@LittleMel (14036)
I have bought things online and sold online. I encountered a few times I sent money and the items were not sent as they were described. but you're right other people have experienced a lot worse than that
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Isn't it a fact my friend now a days we simply can not trust anyone. It's a brutel world out there. The last two items I have sold on Ebay I have not been paid for but I was smart enough to report it to Ebay, but there again you have to always be so dang careful.
@LittleMel (14036)
on Ebay? but you shouldn't send it without receiving payment. Oh this is bad so sorry to hear that. I have bad experiences on ebay too, but with sellers and I reported them too. I hope you are under seller protection program from Ebay