Are you more open on mylot than on real life?

@LittleMel (14037)
I have to admit there are things I don't want to mention to anyone in real life, I actually said it here. Sometimes there are similar topics I avoided responding because I just don't want to talk about it, but then more and more topics similar to them appearing so I ended up responding to them, telling them things I don't want to remember or mention again. Sometimes I don't give out details too much just because it's online, but still in general I feel like more open to mylotters than anyone else offline. What about you?
@kimthedane (1000)
• Denmark
Nope Mel. What you see is what you get. I never understood people having the urge to be what they are not as soon as they can hide behind a screen. Though i can understand the security some insecure people might feel being anonymous and talking to strangers.
@LittleMel (14037)
but I don't see anything there but snow hehehe kidding I could say I am a survivor of everything happened in my past. They made me even more certain that I am a human being and that I am not alone. This is why I learn to protect myself because nobody else can do it best
• Denmark
That is so true Mel. But I have learned from years on line that just because you are a nice what you see is what you get person is, that even those you think of as friends can and will suddenly fall in your back, whit no consideration for you your friendship or the consequences. So I might say I am more honest with real life people as I can add the wipe to the emotions that opens me up :)
@LittleMel (14037)
oh I know what you mean. I'm not saying everyone I met online are nice and trustworthy. but I seem to meet nicer people online than in real life, it may or may not be themselves but on mylot I meet more people that openly talk about themselves and their opinions not much of a mask if you know what I mean. maybe you experience the other way around
@polachicago (19073)
My friends know that if they ask for advice, most likely I can be brutally honest. I am not the same on Mylot. If I can be brutally honest, I don't respond....
@LittleMel (14037)
heheh yes I know the history :) that's what emails are for and by the way I'm so glad to see you back. You're like a rock :)
@polachicago (19073)
^.^
@laurika (4536)
I have to say I can understand taht what you just wrote her. I think it is always easier to write about something liek talk about somethng. and also i guess people will not judge you here so much for something like they might in real life. so yeah i like talk about some things more here on mylot like in real life. Maybe because it is just easy to write it here like talk with someone over the phone
@LittleMel (14037)
I don't know why the longer I am here I see that mylot friends are actually more supportive than real "friends" I know in real life. It's strange.
@laurika (4536)
Actually I feel very similar. probably we have a similar lifes and problems.
@pyewacket (44031)
Not really. I'm pretty much open and will rattle off anything about how I'm feeling, or events in my life about anything or everything whether with my personal friends or people I know in "real" life or at a place like here. So I guess I'm pretty much an open book
@LittleMel (14037)
oh yes I saw many discussions of yours venting all over heheh but I don't know you are that blunt in real life too
@pyewacket (44031)
Hehe. Never used to be so blunt and open. When I was a kid I was so unbelievably shy and never said anything. Guess I'm making up for it now, LOL
@raijin (10373)
I am as the same here in mylot and of what I am in REAL life, I only say what I want to and then keep for myself what I feel is too personal to confess. I think the important thing is the sincerity of the poster, as we don't need to be in that situation just to let them know how much we understand them. As I would like to respond in a way that I would visualize the scenario, instead of posting it just because I have been in that particular situation. In my case, I guess I'm a more realistic person and that I mostly believe in talking to REAL people in person.
@LittleMel (14037)
sure I'm sincere on mylot, but in real life I find it hard to be sincere since mostly I ended up being used.
Yes I am deffinatly more open to mylot users than people in my life I think this is because I don't see these people everyday and they are less likely to judge me than the people in my life.
@LittleMel (14037)
well I'm here everyday and when I can't sleep maybe that's why
@khateya (264)
My life is very simple that i really can see that we need to share something. we can't stay alone so we need to admit that we are in the same world where anything can happen. but everyone has secret you can chose to stay slilent to any questions that you think that it is your personl issue.
@LittleMel (14037)
it's not safe to be open online to strangers but that's what I do most of the time now
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello dear Littlemel. I agree with you completely because it is the same with me. I am more open to mylot than to my real life. I am exactly the same as you do. Thanks for your discussion, dear friend. Good weekend.
@LittleMel (14037)
you have good weekend too
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Absolutely! I talk about a lot of things here that I would never tell people in real life. I don't exactly have a good circle of family and friends to talk to either. I am careful about giving out certain details but I'm definitely more open here than in real life.
@LittleMel (14037)
yes I don't have many friends I can trust here aside from my husband. my best friend lives half way around the world and I'm not the kind of person who can find another best friend soon
No, not really. If I start a discussion, I try to keep it light and make it fun. I answer some serious discussions but will only divulge so much about my personal life. I am a very private person on and off line.
@LittleMel (14037)
I think it's a good idea actually. keep to yourself all the time. I keep to myself a lot in real life, but offline I sometimes fail
@raychill (6530)
I'm even less open on mylot that I am in real life which is sad because I'm not very open in real life. The most open thing I talk about is my best friend who passed away 4 years ago of a heroin overdose. While that is personal, it's something I believe firmly in and that's the best way I know to explain it. The people on mylot don't know me and won't know me just based on things I say. They'll develop their own preconceived notion sand think whatever the heck they want to think about me so why should I bother to let them know as much personal information as they can about me?
@LittleMel (14037)
being more open doesn't always mean giving out personal information that can harm you in any way. by the way sorry for your loss.
@raychill (6530)
I didn't mention anything about avoiding personal information because it would harm me. Preconceived notions have nothing to do with harm. It's because you have people on here who read your response to something and then develop their own thoughts on who you are as a person based on that one response. When they may have read it wrong or something... when it's just ONE response and not the entirety of your being. no need to be sorry, but thanks.
@LittleMel (14037)
this kind of people I meet them more off line than online, which is strange since if they see me everyday they would know better. online-wise I don't care much what people think, unless we have been friends for some time. maybe I should care less about what people in real life think too maybe that way I feel more comfortable around them
@nkhanna (925)
well for me it does not hardly matter.but yes there r some discussions which in real life i dnt say to anybody probably bcoz i feel embarassed.howsoever i feel more relax while starting that discussions on mylot.n more often i have received many good responses,which really boost me up.well m open in mylot as well in real life. i dnt like to keep things in my heart bcoz it will just create problem to me only.
@LittleMel (14037)
yes I know some people like that. either they say it or they will be sick
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Yes way more open to putting my feelings on paper. No body knows me here and I have my trust in a lot of people on myLot. The support I've had here is far better than from neighbours next door, and what I say here I'd never tell neighbours next door.
@LittleMel (14037)
some things here I didn't tell my husband. it's memories from the past I need to get it out of my chest. my husband is a 'present' person, he doesn't care much about the past, his or mine.
@Zelmarq (12298)
• Cebu City, Philippines
NO, i am more open to my best friend boy friend than on mylot. There are so many private things that i talk in real life that I dont talk here on mylot. There are things also that I share on mylot that i dont share on real life. Its more about my views on things and things that I would rather keep to myself than tell others about it and it becomes a gossip for others to abuse and to the extent make fun about. Id rather tell mylotters about it and they will give their best advice and give their best solutions to the problem and thats what I have enjoyed here on mylot.
@LittleMel (14037)
some things I find better to say here. for the same reason, I don't think those in real life will understand
I am totally open on mylot..I feel like here I can be me and people will listen..don't you..I think this is just a wonderful place to meet people who accept you for who you are and not for what others may make you out to be:)
@LittleMel (14037)
strange isn't it. those who I never meet in real life I feel more comfortable with them rather than those I've met personally
@sbeauty (5870)
I always find it much easier to be candid about things online than in person. I think mainly it's because I feel the need to maintain peace with my neighbors and co-workers, but I feel safe saying what's on my mind online. Besides, people online aren't trying to judge me as a person. All they're judging are my opinions and ideas.
@LittleMel (14037)
exactly. they can't judge us online as much as people in real life since all they have is what we allow them to know, nothing about how we look or bad gossips our "friends" in real life created.
You can ask anyone who knows me, what you see online is what you see offline. I can't pretend to be something I am not. So, if you like fun loving, full of laughter & love, want the best for everybody kind of people, then I think you'd like me. But also know, I am a prankster, I love playing pranks as well as being the receiver of prank. I can also be serious when there is a need and i have the widest shoulders, padded with kleenex for anyone who needs a place to fall and cry. One more thing about me, when aske3d for advice, I do not tell people what they want to hear, I tell them what they need to hear.
@LittleMel (14037)
oh so are you that prank caller keeps calling us? :):) kidding :):) so true about the advice, it's what we need not what we want to hear
@suspenseful (40314)
Somethings I can talk about more openly here, and I do believe it is because there are some people who ask personal questions as to how much toilet paper I use,, whether I go from front to back -back to front, and such types. Or whether I cough phlegm. Also questions as to how friendly am I, do I help other people, do I give to charity ===well these are a bit too personal. Now I do volunteer, but that is often to given a example. to help the other person, to make them think they are not alone. But some things I do not like, personal intimate questions as to how often do you do the dirty deed, will I help someone in need, etc. that are intended to find out if I am a nice person.
@LittleMel (14037)
I can see that responding to some topics can tell the poster what kind of person you are, and sometimes they can tell if you are honest or not. I just don't think that's the only intention the poster has, or I could be wrong
i admit opening up and getting different perspectives about things i would not discuss with people face to face its much easier to talk to someone who can be a lot more perspective on the subject other than people i know. usually people are sick of hearing my same complaints and i can tell that they are fed up with my constant complaining but doing it this way you can get a lot of different perspectives on things
@LittleMel (14037)
that's what happens to me too. I seem to get more advices and tips from those who do not know me personally. It's strange isn't it, since we really don't know much about each other aside from what we are willing to disclose
@Sillychick (3279)
In some ways I am a little more open. This is a relatively safe environment. Even though we get to know each other a little, we are, in essence, strangers. We don't have to come face to face. We don't have to worry about being embarassed. We type to each other instead of talking, so it give us time to really think about what we are saying. I just don't give out any really personal, identifying information. If I did, the annonymity of this environment would be lost.
@LittleMel (14037)
sure for safety reason don't give out too much details about anything online or even offline