I met a nice woman today while at my daughter's school

We were talking for a while and having a good time. Come to find out we live a block from one another. She is a single mother of 3 and struggling to make ends meet. The kids father died and times are hard. She has a full time job at the hospital. Still it's hard paying NY rent. I told her to look into work at home jobs that she can get a catalog to travel with. I have one for her as well. What are more that she can do while working her job. I am thinking of a catalog she can pass around. Thanks
@Gemmygirl1 (2870)
I think it's sweet of you to want to help this woman but you not everyone can make a 'decent' living working from home - especially not to cover rent, bills plus every day stuff that she & 3 kids need. She's probably better off just staying at the job she's in but maybe finding a smaller place to live or at least somewhere cheaper. I'm not really sure what your rent is like there but i can imagine how hard it would be for a single Mum of 3 to survive. The working from home is a good idea if she had extra free time but you'd think she might like to spend her free time with her kids, rather than working a 2nd job.
I must have said something confusing. She is never going to leave her job. She is going to carry a catalog to work. Get orders from people. Take her cash and give me the order form and I place the order online. I would never want her to quit her job. Rent in NY is very high market rent for a one bedroom is $1350.00 so she could use the extra cash. Thanks
@dmillman (2273)
It's a small world after all.....sorry, had to sing it! I just had an incident a few weeks back when I saw this lady at work. I was like, "I know her.." Then it dawned on me that it was this girl that I grew up with in town and I haven't seen her since high school, but we both recognized each other. We got to talking, and I found out that she lives right around the corner from me too. So, we work at the same place and live close by each other. I mean, what are the odds? It's interesting when stuff like that happens. I'm sorry about your friend. It's not easy to be in a financial mess - I know that for sure, as I've been in one forever it seems. I know that there are plenty of catalogs, but I haven't kept up with them. My mother used to do Tupperware parties and get toys and stuff for my sister and I. One year I did a Christmas Around the World one, but you only get free stuff with it. Pampered Chef, Avon, etc. - but I don't know if there's money involved, or just free stuff. There's gotta be a website with all of this info. on it! If you find it, let me know!!!
How did the around the world one go? I am having a purse party next month. It's my first and I would love to know. The items are on my website. They have a catalog party. Send me the amount for the items and keep the cash they made then. I would love to do another company as well. I just don't want to work for gifts I like cash. :)
Life is hard to everyone, but how can we escape it?