Could you help me? My son is sick!

Romania
I have a 3 1/2 years old boy and he is so sensible when it comes winter or coldness.He catch a cold about 2 weeks ago, I gave him antibiotic and I hoped he was ok but after 1 week he is in the same point he was 2 weeks ago.And he takes antibiotic again, but he has a very very bad cough. What do you advice me to do as prevent all those coldness? I did traditional treatment homeopathic ones, no result.
@budsr03 (2354)
Hi Anirc, your son could be coughing because he has a throat irritation or coughing to clear liquid from his lungs! Maybe give him something to sooth his throat and lungs, but after this long it might be best for you to get him to a doctor! It could be more than just a cold! Take care Anirc.
of course I went to the doctor, i never gave him any medicine without doctor control. but i guess he is very sensible.
@budsr03 (2354)
I'm sorry if i've offended you! I was only trying to help! I gave advice from my own experiences when my children were small! I hope your son gets well soon! Take care.
no problem, you don't offence me at all! Thanks for sharing, that's the way we could learn, from each other. That is the point I out this question here to find solution. thanks for answering!
@lilybug (21145)
If it is something viral an antibiotic will not help. An antibiotic will only help if he has something that is bacterial. Most colds are viral. Did you get the antibiotic from a doctor? I would not think that a doctor would give a child antibiotics twice for the same illness. As a preventative measure I would make sure he is taking his vitamins on a daily basis and is getting enough sleep and eating right.
He was seen by the doctor and i gave him antibiotic on a doctor prescription . But I was more interested on popular cure for preventing those illness. Once he is in the kindergardner he is sick.If he stay in home he is ok. I guess he takes too easy every flu or coldness. thanks for share
@cherriemae (3374)
taking antibiotic for a very long time, for me is not safe.. i think you need to do is give him a water therapy, then put him in rest..also you should give him a vitamin C everyday for him not to catch easily those viruses around him..hope that it will help and hope that he become well soon..
Water therapy? could explain more what is about this? Please!
@monty24 (154)
I think it is because of his throth irritation or tonsil problem you should consult a good doctor immidietely dont neglect please,he is too small to express his feelings..may God bless your son..good luck.
thanks!
@fanji008 (782)
Hi,there!Sorry to hear that you son is sick. I think usually kids are pretty sensible for the sicknesses.Well,I think in usual days,you can take him out to do some sports in order to make his body much stronger. The other thing is that it's always good for people especially kids to drink more water and eat more vegetables as well as fruits.They're also the factors to build a strong body.Hopefully that'll help you a little bit and best regards for your son.I hope he'll get well soon! Have a nice day and don't be too worried.
thanks! I appreciate it! he 's a little better now but who knows for how long.
@theprogamer (10539)
Seems like an acute bronchitis. I hope you'll take your son to the doctors as soon as possible since a suppresant and an antibiotic are needed. On the health side just give him a bit more vitamin C and keep general nutrition up (vitamins A, D, E, B complex, potassium).
thanks for sharing!
@Ambur25 (1007)
I agree with lilybug. A doctor shouldn't prescribe antibiotics for a cold in the first place. However, if he had 'colored' nasal drainage, antibiotics are your best bet. In my experience, my son was very very sick for about 10 months. Constant coughing, drainage, sore throat, etc. Antibiotics were prescribed over and over for the same condition because it would go away for a week or so and then return. We discovered that he had many allergies and by not treating his allergies to cats, mold, dust and grass, he was more susceptible to congestion that would lead to sinus infections. He's much better now that we know we need to treat allergies rather than a simple cold. Hope this helps. =)
as i wrote above he do all those coldness only when he is between kids.
@stvasile (7316)
I'm sorry, but I really can't help you with this one. I always had a strong immunity so I don't know much about treatment methods...