Do you have any kids? Want kids? How many? And will you make a good parent?

Just curious to know how many other parents are on here and if you dont have kids do you want them or not? Why ? How many is acceptable these days? I have 3...And I dont really want anymore..but my husband want one more...I dont think I can do it! And do you think that you will make a good parent? What is the one value that you want to instill in your children?
@ravinskye (8242)
We have three kids, two girls and we just had a boy in july. i've had some bad epidurel experiances, so I don't think I want any more. Its a hard thing to say you are done having kids. If I knew for sure that I could have a boy, I might be tempted to have one more though. I think we are good parents. We are trying to teach our kids honesty and to be kind to others. I think as long as you can take care of your kids well, that any number of kids is acceptable.
yeah, don't hold your breath for that one :-)
I most emphatically to NOT want children. In all honesty, I hate children. I can't stand the sight of them, their behaviour, the way they talk, move, it just makes me sick. And the very idea of pregnancy makes my skin crawl.
I understand where you are coming from....Just out of curiousity do you have any nieces or nephews? And I was so glad that you told that stupid man off on the abortion/slavery discussion...What a MAN!!
Lol thanks. I have one niece and nephew from my eldest half-sister who are now 17 and 19(I think), and technically 3 nieces from the the one younger than her, but I only ever met one and I haven't seen her in several years. I also technically have a nephew-in-law, but I have never seen him and don't really intend to anytime soon. Why do you ask?
I was just curious that if you decided on the off that you might want kids that you could always borrow a niece or nephew to get a fix and call it good! lol..Its what a lot of people I know do...They dont want kids, but when they feel like their clock start ticking they borrow someones for awhile and the give em back and say that they have had their fix..I have no clue...funny though:)
No, I don't have kids and no I don't want any. I don't have time or room in my life for kids and I'm too selfish to give up anything or make sacrifices like parents do. I like to sleep in on the weekends. I like coming and going as I please. I love my job. I'd have to give it all up to be a parent. To me, ti's not worth it. So I got "spayed" about 6 months ago. Plus I have several rental children (nieces and nephews) that I can borrow should the maternal instinct arise. One hour with a colicy 4 month old is enough to make me bless the makers of the Essure birth control. Plus I have animals. My animals will always come first. Knowing my luck, I'd give birth to a baby with an allergy to animals, and I'd be forced to give up the baby. There are plenty of people waiting in line to adopt babies, but shelter pets are getting killed daily becaue of lack of homes. I'd have a much easier time placing my infant than 16 cats, 7 dogs, 4 horses, birds, fish and turtles.
LOL....Well at least you know what you want out of life...Its understandable not to want to give all that up. I was told I couldnt have kids unless I had corrective surgery cause of a car accident...Well at that point what 13 year old wants kids? I said No and guess what...Never had it...was on BC anyway and I have 3 wonderful kids....It was definitley life altering, but now that I have them I wouldnt trade them for anything.
Meee neither!
"wouldnt trade them for anything. " My sister says the same thing. I can take kids in *very* small doses as long as they are very well behaved and they aren't mine. I'd probably wind up trading one of mine in for a new saddle or something. =)
@lbinkley (1078)
I am a parent of two awesome lil ones! I have a 4 year old son and a 3 month old daughter. I am done. I have my girl and I have my boy, that's all I want. Nice rounded family, two parents, two kids, 2 dogs, 2 story house on 2 acres... lol. Just keep in nice even 2's for me thanks! However, I think it is perfectly acceptable to have as many kids as you want to have. As long as one is willing and able to properly care for a child, I don't see why it wouldn't be. I can't stand it when I see a talk show and see these mothers who have tons of kids that they can't care for and end up having them taken away because of it, and then just turn around and have more kids. I don't think that is right, but if you take care of them, who am I to judge? I think I am a pretty good parent. I do what I can. With my husband being gone most of the time I get to take on the role of both mom and dad, and you know.. I get really frustrated and want to pull my hair out at least 4 times a week, but I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world. I love my kids. Brats as they may be sometimes.. LOL. I don't want to raise kids who are spoiled and get away with everything, and I don't want to hand them things without teaching them the value of EARNING it. I didn't have anything handed to me on a silver platter, and I won't do that for them. I want them to know the value of a dollar, I want them to respect others, I want them to be independent and successful, but most of all I want them to respect themselves. I don't want them to be "walked on" by anyone. It's a tough world out there and I don't want to send them out into it when they are adults not being able to fend for themselves. I want them to know I am here when they need me, but know how to get by. I think by teaching them how important it is to work for what you get, to have respect for yourself and others, and everything else I said, they will have a pretty good head on their shoulders when they are ready to go out into the world. I might seem like I have the highest of hopes for them, and possibly some very high expectations, but what sane mother wouldn't? LOL. Wow, I guess I had a lot to say. At any rate, I do hope I am successful at making this happen. I try, I do what I can, and I might complain sometimes about not having a life outside of the kids.. but I love being a mom. It's amazing having little ones. Just these tiny little people who you get to teach and help them grow. It's just absolutely awesome. I can't imagine NOT being a mother.
Oh for sure! You said it best about raising your children properly. Im always afraid my kids will be the disrespectful ones and people will call them brats. Im pretty sure I have done a pretty good job of not allowing that at all and raising them to be humble not prideful.
isn't it good to have some pride though? I know my son isn't a brat, but he is annoying! I always hoped I wouldn't have an annoying toddler and well, I do! I love him to pieces, but I can really go nuts :-)
@Lady_Vincy (1540)
At this time I don't have any kids but in the future I do plan on having kids. I've been thinking more and more about starting a family but it is important for me to be in a astable relationship for at least 2 years or be married befor I start having kids. When I do start having kids I want to have 4. I have a large extended family and a small home family. My mom has 11 brothers and sisters and my father has 7 sisters and more half bros and sisters so my family is big. But together my parents only had 2 kids. I want my kids to have more than one sibling when I have my kids. I hope to start having kids in te next 5-7 years. I think that I would make a wonderful parent. I love kids and I am a social worker so I know the governments rules plus I know I will never do anything to harm my child. Childern are great.
At least you have a plan! I accomplished my goal and told myself my oldest daughter wouldnt be an only child, well she has a little sister and now a baby brother..Unless someone can garuntee me another boy...no way!! lol...I love kids, but the thought of anymore girls that could turn out like me in my teenage years scares the day lights out of me!
@ebsharer (5516)
I have 3 kids. My first 2 are my step children but I love them like they were mine. Asking me today if I want any more NO. Ask me in a couple years I may say yes. I think I am a pretty good parent. I know that I am not perfect but I do try my hardest. There really are a couple values I want to instill in my children. The first one is self respect / confidnece. The second one is respect for others. Third self disipline the abilty to have will power. Fouth is the value of a dollar. I want the world for my kids. I hope that I can help them acheive all there dreams by teaching them the most importaint value in life... love your self.
We can all only hope that we are good parents and instill the best of ourselves in our children as they grow. You sound like you are off to a good start! :)
I don't have kids yet. I can't afford to give them the life they need. Life is getting just too expensive. College is a necessity really now. I live on Disability, and at just over a thousand dollars, I can't keep two.
You are smart...So your not against kids just waiting till your prepared...Wish more people were like that!
I have 2 children, both were "accidents" as I think most kids are these days so it isn't as taboo to say that, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I would like to believe that I am a great wonderful, superb mother, but sometimes I wonder when I lose my temper and get frustrated and yell and stuff. It isn't like any of that helps! It makes you feel so good to here them say, "Mommy, I love you". when they put their arms around you for the first time...there is nothing better, I don't think!
I want them to be mindful of others feelings. To like people for who they are on the inside and not the outside, you know...dont' judge a book by its cover..all that
lol...I am under the impression that if I had tried to plan my pregnancies I probably wouldnt have gotten pregnant. Im grateful for my kids though..and I wouldnt know where I would be without them. ;)