Online Registering?

Is there a safe easy way to register to vote online? I've checked out a few websites but they all had a form that you print to send in through the regular mail. I don't have a printer and I don't have the transportation to go and register to vote in person. Thanks for any advice you could give on this subject!
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
So far the easier we've made it to register, the less safe our elections have been. Let's go back to having to go to the registrars to register to vote, and require proof of citizenship. That way only those who are eligible to vote can, and only those who are interested enough in the process to make an effort will bother.
Yes that makes sense actually. I'm just now interested in actually voting in an election and all. Before, there wasn't any candidates worth my time, but this time there is lol. Not one of the ones who have lots of media coverage though. I'd be going for Ron Paul. Even though he is a Republican, he has the same values and everything that I have. I wonder if the illegal aliens who get their drivers liscense can still vote somehow? There was a topic in here somewhere about that. I think I'll do a search on discussions and learn more about it.
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
That depends on the state. In some states, all you need is a picture ID with your address on it to register. Other states actually (gasp) require a person to show proof that they are actually eligible to vote. Any state that doesn't require proof of eligibility is enabling and encouragin fraud.
I believe it was New York state that they were letting illegals register to vote. All they needed was a driver's license to do that. I think Rudy Gilliani allowed it so he could get more votes.
@suspenseful (40314)
The safest way is for you to get in your car and drive down to that church and vote. Separation of State and Church means that the United States does not have an official church and that church cannot use its influence to pass laws like they do in England and Italy. It does not mean that the government cannot borrow part of the church building for voting purposes. Nor does it mean that they cannot post the Ten Commandments on buildings, nor allow the King James Version of the Bible in school libraries and yet allow books such as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. If it is too far away and you have no car, you could email or write to your representative and ask him if there is a safe online form.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do some research and look for whoever is representative lol. I currently have no vehicle access at all. So, that is the reason I started this discussion.