Should a parent check there kids room,for drugs?

If your thinking your kid is getting high,Do you look thru there room?
@rainbow (6762)
I cannot imagine the heartwrenching breakdown of trust that would lead anyone to do this,you would have to be certain and it would be a desperate last hope. Could the issue not be raised in a careful way using someone who knows the family and uses as a starting point for a good gossip which will eventually flow onto the questions you need answers for? A car journey is a good time to make older children open up to you as those quiet bits really need filling so they forget themselves and babble quite happily letting you know all you want to about their lives.
yes i think so
@mkirby624 (1599)
Most certainly. If you have suspicions, then nothing can stop you from looking. It's your house. I think it's wrong to snoop just because you're nosy and want to know everything your child says, does, etc...but if you have a good reason to think they are doing something that could harm them, I would search.
@jmp824 (741)
If you've noticed that your kids are into something, i guess its not only their rooms that you're going to check. Why not include their friends, places they usually hang out, parents of their friends, the school. Places and people that your kids are always connected into. Every now and then we should check on our kids progress. As parents lets not wait for them to go into the wrong doing.We will try the best that we could do to at least guide them into what is good. COmmunication with your kids and at home with the whole family is very important. This will remind them that they are part of the family and that they are special. Dont take them for granted for this will lead them to be rebellious.
@Desdemona (1305)
but of course. Its your house, you have full right to check.
@atticus (1380)
i don't know,i think so but i've no kids
@bhchy1 (6050)
I did when my daugher was in high school. Wasn't a daily thing just when I ws suspect of something. Never found anything. Well take that back...found some of my belongings in her drawers..clothes etc...But I guess that is something they all do...lol
@slimfox (900)
if i think my 14 y/o is i would just because i have littles ones
@chalmette69 (3008)
I would hate to go through my daughters room and I would only do it if it was the last resort,but if you are pretty sure and the child is giving you a good reason. I think your parents have a right to keep you safe and if that means going through your stuff for your own good, well the kid will just get over it.
@asa010 (1129)
yes the room needs a check....
@ed1234 (61)
i think so is it not up to the parents to keep their children at least in the home.
@sedel1027 (17850)
Personally, I would. Before just barging in I would talk to my child and have an open and honest conversation. If I felt like he was lying to me, I would search his room, but not behind his back.
I would definately check my child's room. I would have a right to because their a child, I am responsible for them, and they are living under my roof in which I pay the bills. I'm sure they would be mad with me, but I don't care.
@arwenrey (315)
Yes, of course i have to check his room once in a while, as parent i am responsible for the future of my kid.
@chipslfc (98)
nope. invasion of privacy....well it all depends on what age the 'children' are. not if theyre aver 16
@wmg2006 (5383)
Yes, I always did when my son was home. Not that I thought he was using and he wasn't, but you never know. A routine check is very important. You may be able to head off a problem before it gets started.
YES, YES, And YESSSSSSS!!
@hh9905 (1275)
When i have kids, Yes, i will. Only once in a bluemoon.
@azriel (2108)
i wouldn't be doing a good job as a parent if i dont. if it were a simple matter like hiding sweets in the room, i would have let it past. but i would rather deal with the serious stuffs sooner rather than later.
@netty79 (992)
yes they should
• Pakistan
only if they have doubts...