Blood: last vampire?

@megumiart (3777)
This anime was on Sci-Fi last night [monday], and it was subbed, not dubbed! Well kind of, the American characters spoke english,..but anyways it was a very cool movie, the animation was absolutely stunning. Was the series "Blood+" based on this movie? Or vice Versa? Both series are evry similar; both main girls' namea are Saya, and the slay monster things, and stuff. :0
@emarie (5447)
thats how it the DVD is. They sub the Japanese (well to keep it true) and they have the normal english. Yes, the Blood+ series is based off the movie, with the same idea of an original vampire killing other 'vampires' but they change things up a little more and make it more 'lighter' in mood then the movie. I suggest you download it. CN plays it on their [ADULT SWIM] block but it should be near the end of the series. There are 50 episodes in all. I've already watched it and its pretty good.
@emarie (5447)
oh, forgot. there are 2 books out and a manga series based off the movie as well. There's "Blood The Last Vampire" novel and "Blood The Last Vampire: Night of the Beasts" which I read and was pretty impressed. A lot of background details but the main character isn't really Saya but a High School Boy. There's also the manga for both Blood the last vampire and Blood+. I'm not sure if The Last Vampire manga is translated in the US, but I know that Blood+ is not and you can only really find up to vol. 2 translated. just letting you know.
@Arkadus (896)
Yeah it's cool how the movie did that. Blood+ is really good in it's own right as well. What I'm more looking forward to is the Live action adaptation of the movie. There's been stuff flying around the internets about it, no idea how official any of it is but I seriously hope they make it.
hey megumiart,it sounds that you like vampire.I don't like vampire and I just like the moive of vampire.I will see the movie.thank your for your information.
@Pompon (1758)
• Poland
Series Blood+ was made after the movie. The Last Vampire was in fact very short anime but despite that it got quite a big fandom in anime world so Production IG decided to make a tv series taht would expand the story.
Blood+ was based off of Blood: The Last Vampire. The movie takes place on an American military base in Japan. Saya is actually Japanese, so is the school nurse. The movie itself is bilingual, probably so that it would do well in both countries. Fun Fact: The voice of Saya is the woman who played Pumpkin in Memoirs of a Geisha.
yeah i guess so, i saw the movie but havent seen the series yet. it is indeed good one.
@Monkeyrose (2849)
That sounds very cool! I'm a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! and well anything to do with vampires and werewolfs and the like. Do you have any idea where I might be able to find this?